How much money do jagex make?

chris28

Im not sure if this in the right forum, but im interested to know how much profit is made by jagex each year. Surely it cant cost much to run the game and ther must be about 500,000 members accounts at least. Can someone, if they know please tell me.

Chris_2_8.png

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

500,000 x 3.80 dollars = 1.9m and money from ads and other payments which are expensive must come to over 2m

"500,000 x 3.80 dollars = 1.9m" x that by 12 as thats the money income per month. Thatd be $22.8 million, also different rates apply to each currency i think, like its ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã3.20 here but somthing like $9 in canada.

Chris_2_8.png

RuneScape has over 9,000,000 free players as of and approximately 850,000 pay-to-play subscribers as of July 17, 2006. In 2006, founders Andrew Gower and Paul Gower were calculated to be worth ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã32 million ($60 million USD).

Don't mention it.

Merry Crimbo!

signatureof0.gif

Click on my signature to see my NEW blog!

Clicky here to see my YouTube videos! http://www.youtube.com/volkswagen99videos

RuneScape has over 9,000,000 free players as of and approximately 850,000 pay-to-play subscribers as of July 17, 2006. In 2006, founders Andrew Gower and Paul Gower were calculated to be worth ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã32 million ($60 million USD).

Don't mention it.

:shock:

:-k This makes me reconsider what i want to do for a living, just make an addictive game and you can use cheap software, then you could charge small amounts for membership. People would choose this over an expensive game then get hooked :idea: \'

Chris_2_8.png

Also, they have expenses to, so they do not earn 32milion each year. I guess they hold a nice 1-2 million in their own pocket at the start of RS2.

And these days, I guess 4-8 Million.

None said they earn 32 million a year. TheLeader quoted their net worth, which is how much money they would have if they sold all their assets (shares in Jagex etc).

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

there are 800,000 members, so its 2.5 million pounds a month from members.

But the servers cost alot, plus staff wages, office lease, and all the other bills. I would guess they make less then 2 million a month after all that. '

PS: 2.5M Pounds is 4M USD

dunno, but andrew makes 1.5 million pounds a year

share I tbed?

rofl

Well, paul and Andrew Gower are now the 7th richest young people (under 30) in the world. That was according to the Sunday times Rich List about 4 months ago. Andrew has around 27M and Paul has around 20M... =P~

Totalled together they are RICH!

Share I tangled? :XD:

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

dunno, but andrew makes 1.5 million pounds a year

share I tbed?

rofl

Well, paul and Andrew Gower are now the 7th richest young people (under 30) in the world. That was according to the Sunday times Rich List about 4 months ago. Andrew has around 27M and Paul has around 20M... =P~

Totalled together they are RICH!

Share I tangled? :XD:

I thought Michael Corleone was richer than them (Godfather 3 ftw!)

Oh wait... he's fictional... or perhaps the mafia bought out jagex.... :shock:

world2isntthathardby4.pngI think merchanting is extinct....

lordofthehauntedminestextcb6.png Completed haunted mine at level 75.

Barrows Drops: Dh platelegs, Guth helm, Karils cb, Torags legs

-------------RETIRED------------------

there are 800,000 members, so its 2.5 million pounds a month from members.

But the servers cost alot, plus staff wages, office lease, and all the other bills. I would guess they make less then 2 million a month after all that. '

PS: 2.5M Pounds is 4M USD

They also have a number of adverts. The cost to put an advert on a popular website is not cheap at all.
sig5235ro7.jpg

actually when blizzard made diablo 2 expansion they sold the most games in 1 week in the world except for pokemon yellow off of wow they make very little money compared to diablo but diablo has been abandoned by blizzard practically
excuse me, this is goign a bit offtopic, but Blizzard has neve made this much money of anything else.

They controll 52% of the MMORPG market, the monthly fees gives [cabbage]loads of money (6millions of players, avrg price per month per person is $13), and all other extra-products sell crazy.

they are pretty dang rich, imagine them in like 10 years :shock:

actually when blizzard made diablo 2 expansion they sold the most games in 1 week in the world except for pokemon yellow off of wow they make very little money compared to diablo but diablo has been abandoned by blizzard practically

btw did you know that halo 2 sold most copy in 1 day, 2.4m on the first day of its release (gta sa got that in like 2 months :twisted: )

poepje30sig25copy0ie.gif

they have liek 150 servers, do you relize how much money it costs to buy a server? ALOT! plus matence(sp?) so that would put a dink in thier earnings.

This Game doesn't take much space, just bandwidth.. They probally lease servers and have a company host it for them...

We have Accenture host our web apps and they monitor them and make sure bandwidth is being used properally. Making it easier for them to have servers world wide.

Also this helps them in costs of buyin, maintaining , upgrading and such on servers. And easy to push upgrades to them..

The overhead is the Staff.. Programmers, Mods, and customer service (Or lack there of)

Ads pretty much pay for everything and subscription is simply Gravey..

Go Jage-X ..