Have you been a victim of inspiration?

SirHartlar

I am sure I am not the only one who gets inspired to do things. I don't have a huge amount of close friends on RuneScape, but they all push me to do bigger and better things which I previously thought too difficult.

I remember the time when I looked at people with rune and stood staring in awe. I remember the time when I couldn't work out what a skull was or what the protection prayer icon aboive your head meant.

I strived to learn and looked up to other people to help me. Now a days I look forward to more Barrows trips, or doing difficult quests like RFD or Desert Treasure.

If you told me a year ago I would be reading guides about how to fight 6 level 100 + I wouldn't have believed you. No one gets where they are without some inspiration, who inspired you and what did they help you achieve?

Lots of my friends helped me got to lvl 100. When i was F2P when i saw people that were lvl 100, i thought they were a god :mrgreen:
Gratz on 100 combat, I also thought 100 was an amazing level, these days 126 doesn't surprise me much.

I had TONS and TONS of support from people on my path to 85 Slayer (now complete 8-) ). Would not have made it without everyone. Thanks to anyone reading who supported me.

sig5235ro7.jpg

hehe my rs lady-friend (no not like that) called red cat125. if u know her you know how amazingly freindly and selfish she is. shes always pushed me to raise my skills higher and has put me back on my feet when ive lost hundreds of k.

we met whilst i was scaffing the water and fire rune drops in the scorpion pit 3 years ago when i was lvl 20 odd and we were both f2p.

we both became member together and did all the new quests and skills together, but then i quit for a year suddenly, forgetting about everything.

when i came back earlier last month, she couldnbt have been happier to see me and i was amazed to see how high a lot of her stats were....

yeah shes pretty inspirational

supernovasigst7.jpg

hehe my rs lady-friend (no not like that) called red cat125. if u know her you know how amazingly freindly and selfish she is. shes always pushed me to raise my skills higher and has put me back on my feet when ive lost hundreds of k.

we met whilst i was scaffing the water and fire rune drops in the scorpion pit 3 years ago when i was lvl 20 odd and we were both f2p.

we both became member together and did all the new quests and skills together, but then i quit for a year suddenly, forgetting about everything.

when i came back earlier last month, she couldnbt have been happier to see me and i was amazed to see how high a lot of her stats were....

yeah shes pretty inspirational

Do you mean selfless? Being selfish is when you only care about yourself.
sig5235ro7.jpg

well ive had many inspirations but i cant remember who they are :oops:

i saw there lvls and i was jealous and i decided i wanted sick stats 8-)

according to fastforce i inspired him to kq and what did he get on 2 trips...a d chain :wink:

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

my friends have provided a lot of inspiration for me. in fact, right now i am having a sort of compitition with one of my friends to see who can get a totally green quest bar first. :P

Meridithila.png

Meridithila.png

The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

First Dragon Drop 5/6/2006 -Dragon Med from Bronze Dragon :D

First Barrows Item From Chest 2/20/2007 - Verac's Brassard :D

everyone around me inspired me

I didn't believe when I had played this game for about 3 weeks, that I'll once achieve 110+ cmb

That I'll be able to solo KQ and such a things

I remember how happy I was when I got 16 crafting and I made holy symbol

only I didn't know how to make it so, that it'd give payer bonus :D

I also didn't know that I have to string it :P

I remember how one guy hitted at varrock east gates on guard 14 with r2h, I thought He was some kinda game master because he had full rune + r2h :0

All those small moments inspired me to train and be better, smarter stronger

But well... I quited :D

now i didn't complete this goal but plan too and im fairly fine with wasting money so don't mind if take a few tries for me to finish

my friend he got his fire cape finally and he got me so pumped to get my own now it went pretty bad in my opinion i only got to 57th wave and ran out of saras at 50th wave so had to survive with no healing there which for me was hard without guthan and someone will probably say look at muggis guide i hate downloading the movies so never do so didn't even bother with guides really just looked at pictures of how jad moves and stuff and just figured out italy rock on my own mainly

tifsig3pw9.png

jese1mz7.png

A lot of posts on these forums inspire me to do things, although I usualy give up really easily.

A year and a half ago-ish when I was highish range (85+ ish, which was pretty high back then) I had some people from these forums see me in game and say I've inspired them to train range =P

I've never been inspired to go far in runescape. I've strived on my own personal gratafaction for years and years which is probably why my acount is so terriable.

I wish I had someone inspire me to go far. No ones ever told me to reach for the stars and work your butt off to get that cool 99 stat (on rs atleast)

So i've never really had the go to GO real far. So yea. THats why my stats arent the best

Also the fact that i've been playing rs for a good 4 some odd years that level 100 isnt really a cool goal. I've seen them time over time over time. Sure i'd like to be there, but the chances of me making it there are like none

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

Well for me it is all self inspiration, I play for my own satisfaction.

I have inspired a few people, in fact was killing abby's one night

and this guy came up to the tower and said:

Him: Do you remember me?

Me: Umm,, no. Why should I ? :ohnoes:

Him: Well we met during slaying one evening, and you told me

to work on my slayer level more.

Me: Oh wow well that's cool. * I was still trying to figure out who he was*

Him: Yeah, and I was once on your friends list, but you removed me.

Me : Umm, sorry ~~ At this time I did remember him.

Him: Well your still on my friends list, BTW: When you have a chance

look my slayer level up. Just want to say thank-you for telling me

to work on my slayer. You inspired me.

Me: No problem

Well that night I went to look up his slayer level and OMG!!!!! He is

ranked #5 in high scores, and credits me for it. LOL Who would of

thought!!!! ::' He is now on my list again why I removed him

no clue, but we are pals again. \'

Sorry so long but had to share that with you all, you just never know

what words can do to another player. Psst... I did tell you he credits me

right. :-w

queenvalerie.png

The SODB is "inspiring" me to get these last 3 Mage lvls.

I use the term 'inspiring' loosely <.< :-$ .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Well for me it is all self inspiration, I play for my own satisfaction.

I have inspired a few people, in fact was killing abby's one night

and this guy came up to the tower and said:

Him: Do you remember me?

Me: Umm,, no. Why should I ? :ohnoes:

Him: Well we met during slaying one evening, and you told me

to work on my slayer level more.

Me: Oh wow well that's cool. * I was still trying to figure out who he was*

Him: Yeah, and I was once on your friends list, but you removed me.

Me : Umm, sorry ~~ At this time I did remember him.

Him: Well your still on my friends list, BTW: When you have a chance

look my slayer level up. Just want to say thank-you for telling me

to work on my slayer. You inspired me.

Me: No problem

Well that night I went to look up his slayer level and OMG!!!!! He is

ranked #5 in high scores, and credits me for it. LOL Who would of

thought!!!! ::' He is now on my list again why I removed him

no clue, but we are pals again. \'

Sorry so long but had to share that with you all, you just never know

what words can do to another player. Psst... I did tell you he credits me

right. :-w

You added him again because you found out hes the #5 best slayer? Isn't that kind of vain? <.<

Anyways, I play for myself. Once someone inspired me to get 75 woodcutting, when it wasn't even useful. X_Runes kind of inspires me to get 91 rc but I don't have the money -.-

well out of all my rl friends that play, i was the first. I started out on my own and just trained. Then i'd come across someone who was better than me, talk and chat a little bit, then i'd be like...hey i want that too, or to be able to do that. And off i went. Some of those people became my closest rs friends.

Back when I started I had a mentor whom I thought was a legend. He's still is, and was the first actual legends guild member in RunEscape. :pray:

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

You added him again because you found out hes the #5 best slayer? Isn't that kind of vain? <.<

Nope that is so far from the truth lol I re-added him because I remember him now. The reason why I removed this person was because we never

talked and I needed room on my friends list. Btw: other peoples levels mean Jack to me. I play for my own levels and I inspire myself. :)

queenvalerie.png

My first day of Runescape a lowish level player (high for me at the time, I was lvl 3 lol) -'Aerodrop', in a random act of kindness, gave me Full Iron. It may have been the greatest gift I ever got :) , and it definitely inspired me not only to work hard, but to be an honest player in game like him. When the first person you meet is a guy like that how can you not be an honest, good player?

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

My best friend that got me into rs inspired me to raise my levels and stuff but some level 103 when I was like level 70 or something gave me a verac skirt (was a hell of alot to me at the time) for free because some other person was insulting him and I stood up for him :oops: And he said to help lower levels when I get better so that inspired me to help people more :P (already helped people though, first day in game cooked chicken and beef for people fighting cows, after I made 20k which took ages mining ess and selling for 15gp :lol: I went around lumby and gave out 500gp each to random people :3>)