Runescape 3?

dangeresque

Jagex says that there will NEVER be a Runescape 3.

But they aren't known for keeping their word.

Runescape 3 ! Now in 4D ! :mrgreen:

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RS3 would be cool, IF We would get to keep our old and trusty accounts. Course Rs would need some larger map ( LIke Others Online games), and some Graphics improvements, that's all.

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

i think before they made a rs3 they should really improve the f2p system a lot, it gets very old

Would be nice, wouldn't it? Unluckily, even from my F2P view, I don't see it likely to happen. :roll:

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

If Jagex ever does start the creation of an RS3, they should not let players know until they have some real work done, such as a ready-to-go beta test or something. Just announcing "hey people, RS3 is in planning stages at the moment. Stay tuned for more updates!" will make people impatient and will bring on overinflated expectations. Take the release of RS2 for example. Over-hyped and stuff, and when RS2 came for real, a large portion of the RS community collectively said "what the hell."

Finally got the new Java Client, and RS loaded so fast i could barely see it. But, you must realize that they are keeping it a Java Client, and a browser game so that people can paly on it off pretty much any computer with out need for really good graphics or an extensive download. And with my Comps track record of downloading and running games, i dont mind so much the graphics as the new quests. Though, slight updates to the graphics engine would be nice.

vivi.jpg

Which FF Character Are You?

"The only tyrant i accept in this world is the still voice within." - Mahatma Gandhi

newscapere4.gif

i wub rs2! :3> ...lol....i really hope rs3 doesnt come out because then tip.it would become rs3 based...then id probably end up going to the new game....it could be good or bad.

and im hopeing for a no stat switch....so then everyone could race for each stat.....id pick one and try to level it as fast as possible.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Everything that has a beginning has an end... so RS 2 will someday be useless/unprofitable. So they have to create another game... probably completely different. Creating a game similar of that won't be much better. So probably not 3.

Like forum text games much?

um... from... MARS, yes, in the third county from the... left.

PmodAuto.jpg

they are working on runescape3 i've been to the website

Just about everyone has, and there's no mention of RS3. There's a vague mention of a "new game", but the context makes it clear that it's not going to be RS related. Don't try to sound more knowledgable than you really are, especially about things that are so widely known. You only end up looking foolish.

Regarding RS3, I think it's too soon; it seems like RS2 just came out (even though it's been around for like two years), and there's still a lot of potential in the current system, especially if Jagex keeps tweaking the engine to be more efficient. The main reason they upgraded from RSC is because the RSC system was too limited and prevented them from doing a lot of the things they wanted to do (cutscenes, for example). Until Jagex's ambitions grow beyond the current system, I don't expect to hear anything about the next incarnation of RS.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

Jagex will eventually create a game which will overshadow Runescape, but I can't see it being a RS3 version. It will be completely different (according to Jagex website).

Guest Armagedon46disabled
Eventually RS3 is inevitably going to be made, because RS2 will become (and is already becoming) outdated by other games. The graphics look old, and no amount of updates can make them as good as existing games. Unless Runescape is left for dead - something I can't see with the profits Jagex are raking in atm - an update will happen.

~Ian

yea ur right like WoW i got that the graphics is so much better, maybe if there is ever a rs3, it will look a little likeWoW

the only thing they would need an rs 3 for would be to break the xp and gp limits, as i beleive that java itself causes the limit, not jagex

what is the gp limit?

From what I have heard in other threads, about 2.1 billion gp...

If you've got more than this, please let me know...

Far as I am concerned, I am not going to have more than 500 million at any time due to this... (If I ever reach that... :roll: ...)

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

They're pretty much doing the best they can with java. The only poiny of doing a Rs3 would be to make it better than Rs2, how could they do that if they already doing the best they can? The team of programmers are probably specialized only in java, so they can't make a Rs3 out of another program. Plus, I think a part of their marketing, what makes Rs different, is that almost any computer can play Rs, because it's with java. My recently deceased Pentium II could handle Rs, and it was the crappiest computer ever. Many games out there, great games really, need a big processor, and a good graphic card, and not everyone got that. Runescape offers pretty much more than most low-requirements games.

But maybe eventually, in several years, if Rs is still out there, a Rs3 using a notch better than java would be a good idea. Most crappy computers would be dead by then.

2480+ total

Jagex need a new game with is its own client not Java.

Why? They are the number one, the biggest, the top dogs of Java programming! If they move onto something else they'll be nothing but common shills in comparison to the big companies like Blizzard and Sony.

The game is just fine the way it is, it's netting the Gower's millions undoubtedly and therefore why fix something that isn't broken?

Why? They are the number one, the biggest, the top dogs of Java programming! If they move onto something else they'll be nothing but common shills in comparison to the big companies like Blizzard and Sony.

The game is just fine the way it is, it's netting the Gower's millions undoubtedly and therefore why fix something that isn't broken?

Well you don't know, they could make an engine that is like but has differences that allows the game to run better.

Like forum text games much?

um... from... MARS, yes, in the third county from the... left.

PmodAuto.jpg

Well you don't know, they could make an engine that is like but has differences that allows the game to run better.

And the problem is all in "How will they update your client?"... Some people are dangerously update-paranoid, and will do everything to stop auto-updating of everything but their antivirus and firewall. This would then require Jagex to do a version check and prompt a user if the auto-update is offline to update to the latest, and a lot of people won't do that without a system backup, which most are too lazy/scared to do. This therefore crushes the idea of a non-java applet, sadly. :(

~Mr. Devnull

my idea of rs3 would be a newer type system...

it would have the extra belt equip spot like someone suggested before..

you could lv up higher then lv.99 in skills perhaps up to lv. 150...

more armor and weapons and stuff for the high level cap...

and perhaps other changes...

Dr_Brinner.png

What really needs to be changed is the PKing system. I dont see any problems with the rest except that the xp on RS2 is outrageously more than from back in RSC. The PKing system for RS2 is too simple, there is nothing like "3 hitting" or "catching" like there was back in RSC.