What do you think about the huge whip price drop?

jpd2

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the passed 6 months I have gone from 5mil to 2 mil total, the economy is [sarcasm]realy[/sarcasm] giving me the incentive to return.

High alch and insainly high level requirements ruined Runescape and gave it this horible inflation.

it doesnt bother me in the least, it just means that people will need a new way to make money besides whips, and IMHO thats a good thing....

decedenthope.png

Killed Hobgoblin Champion: 1/28/07

The economy is run by 13 year olds. Inflation hits when their girlfriends dump them. Besides, in any normal economy an influx of new items is a good shot in the arm.

I wouldnt mind it at all, it would let "less fortunate" players to be able to buy them(like me 8-) ). I'm pretty sure that Jagex will come out with more stuff to add to the economy too keep it going because more and more people are trying to reach 85 slayer just to get a bunch of whips and sell them for cheap. More and more people keep doing the same thing and just selling them for nothing really. It was bound to happen anyways, cause everything falls and rises again, like full rune.. it was like.. a couple mill i belive along time ago and now look.. its 200k. They probably wont even fall beneath 1.7mil, thats my guess.

icedearth06.png

More Tip.it Friends Needed! Feel Free To Add Me\m/ Tip.it's Biggest Metalhead.

o goodness I feel so, so, so sorry for those poor people with 85 slayer, it makes me cry to think that they cash in 1 million every time they get a whip drop though rare. O goodness I'm just....so sad..its so depressing, i mean...THE POOR POOR guy has 3m+ slayer exp, good amount of cash, and alot of whips, im soooooo sorry for those fancy armour covored hobos, o paint me red and sing cocka doodle d00 i'm so saad

X'''(

RSN- Lemontail

Pure Ranger Name- X Kaprisen X

Lemontail.gif

Lemontail.gif

Click here for my 99 Mining and Cooking blog!

I've read through the posts here and I think most of the posters (heh heh heh) are missing the grand picture.

Every skill (except stupid firemaking) has advantages for getting high levels. In most cases, this advantage consists of making you increasing amounts of money. Examples: When you get your fletching high enough, you can turn fairly cheap raw materials into alchable goods for a substantial profit. When you get your agility up, you can save time by using shortcuts.

I could list advantages for every skill. (sidenote: actually, thieving might also fall into the firemaking category. But I digress.) People increase their skill levels to gain these advantages.

The Slayer skill is no exception. But with the falling whip prices, the incentive to raise the slayer skill levels falls as well. Think about it: why does anyone increase their slayer level past 55? To kill mutated zygomites? To camp out at the dust devils? To try to get granite legs from skeletal wyverns?

I don't think so.

Everyone who levels slayer past 55 has his (or her) eye on 85. If the price of the whip falls below the point where camping out at the abyssal demons is no longer profitable, people will quit raising their slayer levels. It's not like dragon chains, where any kind of training will eventually make you able to battle the kq. To get to 85 slayer, you have to do a whole lot of specific - and sometimes unprofitable - training. People won't do that training if there's no decent incentive at the end of the rainbow.

Expect Jagex to come out with a new slayer monster (with a 87-95 slayer requirement) that drops something spectacular - better than the whip. Expect this to happen when the whip market plateus below the profitability line. Could be within 3 months.

There are 10 types of people in the world:

* Those who understand binary

* Those who don't

- - -

Greatest J Mod Quote Ever / My bug collection / Raise your agility! / What exactly is "Anti-scam"?

most of my pals are buying whips with the cash we get from d chain drops alex already has 65 whips the ideal stock pile them and then freeze selling them i think its a good ideal so go alex and co =D>

Haley610 and Ashuran22 Together IRL and RS ,I Love You Forever !

8 mil when I bought it (a long while ago) and I can kill abyssal demons so.... no, I hate it. The price drop makes them far too accessible. People should have to work more to get the money to get the best weapon in the game... It doesn't take very long to make the money as is :-\ Oh well, such is life, eh?

8 mil when I bought it (a long while ago) and I can kill abyssal demons so.... no, I hate it. The price drop makes them far too accessible. People should have to work more to get the money to get the best weapon in the game... It doesn't take very long to make the money as is :-\ Oh well, such is life, eh?

Dude, dharok's axe is the best one.

But yeah I agree, getting 85 slayer takes a lot of time. And it also takes time to get it from abyssal demons.

Isn't it rarer drop than mystic from most slayer monsters? :?