What do you think about the huge whip price drop?

jpd2

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not so thrilled, mine cost me 6 mill + back when i bought it.

It's the best weapon in the game and it would just be stupid for the price to drop below a mill. below 3 is stupid in my opinion anyway

lol if u think thats bad, back to the first 2 days the maul came out, I paid 7mill for 1 :(

I enjoyed it while it lasted and took full advantage of it while it lasted (you can see from my whip drops). I knew this would happen eventually so I spent most of my time killing them in hopes of getting as much benefit from it as I could, and i did just that. I now have better and quicker ways of making money since whips are at 1.8m so I'm not too conserned with it anymore. It was fun while it lasted but it all ends eventually. I'm just glad it happened :D .

The reason for the drop was more and more people have 85 slayer and more whips are coming in the the economy. Rune 2h's were once 1.5mil and now they are a lowly 50k.

I hopes that means that a dragon 2h will soon be maybe 200k :)

deciever2.gif

Dragon Drops: D spear x 2, D skirt, D half-shield, D axe, D 2h

Barrows Rewards: Ahrims hood, Karil's Coif, half key x 6, D med, torags legs, veracs flail

Hey...

Atleast they will not drop below [insert whip alch price here] gp

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

:wall: The chance of wips going higher is like the chance of this smily going through this wall.So all you noobs that are :pray: for a wip might be able to aford one some day.

I dont mind the wips going down i bought mine like 3 months ago at 3.5 mill so i didnt lose to much,but for the ppl that got wips right when they came out(when they were over 10 mill) they have lost so much cash.

I espect almost all players in rs to have not one but 2 wips with in the next year if they are dedicated to playing rs.

But ppl dont :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: soon jagex will make a new weapon that is rare and worth $$$ :thumbsup:

austin,f1234.pngDeathslump.jpg

68WTCSZOBBC.pngB1DU1MCTLAB.png30G538Z2JH.png9O80QE8FGDJ.png8VVZL1CR1AB.png7NJ9XOYWSJI.pngGTSWRN462I.png

TL01JKKNOH.pngARNCQJRJKEG.pngCQUDEA7Z0GE.pngDBBQDEZIVJC.png

When in faldore do as the dwares do.Mine =).

Proud Owner of the Coal Cart Co.:High prices for the miner:Low prices for the buyer.(Temperarelly closed/Pls dont pm me untill i reopen.)

payed 2.4mil through sharks for mine. ah well, at least i got some fishing xp out of it ::' so the drop don't bother me

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Qhips are dropping for the same reason that rares are rising.

Supply and demand is inevitable, my friend. And if it weren't for those factors, I wouldn't be so rich right now.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

im not so thrilled, mine cost me 6 mill + back when i bought it.

It's the best weapon in the game and it would just be stupid for the price to drop below a mill. below 3 is stupid in my opinion anyway

A rune scimi is arguably the best F2P weapon there is, and it cost 25k? I'm sure it cost upwards of a million when it came out? But then again, I wasn't playing back then (somone correct me if I'm wrong?). Drops are bound to happen.
thhah.gif

i dont think the drop in price is what we are upset at... because you can just as easily make money as you can lose it (getting a random d left half, or guthan spear from barrows). what i think everybody is mad at, is that the best weapon in the game that used to be a status symbol as well as an awesome weapon will soon be available and offordable to noobs everywhere.

the solution? make an npc that will buy and sell whips for a set price, so that you will be loseing money if you sell it for anything less. this will preserve the good name of whips, and keep jagex from haveing to constantly make new "rare" weapons

Still puzzled by the preoccupation with whip prices. I bought mine for 5.5M I think and it dropped nearly 1M the next day. What else will whip prices do but fall? It's their job. Just enjoy the ride and watching all the people complaining about it on the way.

EDIT:

i dont think the drop in price is what we are upset at... because you can just as easily make money as you can lose it (getting a random d left half, or guthan spear from barrows). what i think everybody is mad at, is that the best weapon in the game that used to be a status symbol as well as an awesome weapon will soon be available and offordable to noobs everywhere.

the solution? make an npc that will buy and sell whips for a set price, so that you will be loseing money if you sell it for anything less. this will preserve the good name of whips, and keep jagex from haveing to constantly make new "rare" weapons

That has got to be one of the most elitist things I've read in a while. I thought the point of a lvl req was to limit who could use it. Ability to have vasts amount of money to buy one or not means nothing about a character or their noobiness.

I suppose I really noobed up full guthans and a whip at lvl 86 when I had it and most lvl 86's didn't have that. :roll:

tallest.jpeg

571st to 99 Fm Nov. 4 '06 - 315th to 99 Crafting Mar. 3 '07 - 3410th to 99 Fishing Sept. 18 '07

26378th to 99 Cooking Oct. 16 '07 -.- 99 Thieving Dec. 29 '07 - 1343rd to 99 Farming June 5 '08

1807th to 99 Agility Nov. 8 '08 - 3094th to 99 Smithing Feb. 14 '09

2012 total - 91 combat