What do you think about the huge whip price drop?

jpd2

I just saw one sold for 1.8. People a predicting that it will be less then 1m soon (within a few months).

Are you happy or angry at the price drop?

I like it. I dont have a whip yet and this will make it easier to get such an awesome wep.

Post your thoughts. No flaming.

newbankofrsyq0.gif

Thegreatgeno.png

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i personaly hate but meh cant help it :? i worked my rear off :cry: i payed 3.6m back then and now...the price si just disapoiting to me but good to some ppl im not rich myself but still...just to think the price droped so down just makes me upset :wall:

d6c4baddbe.png

Its supply and demand...

Abbysmal (sp?) demons will keep spawning, and therefor keep dropping their whips. As more whips come, there not as rare, so people won't pay as much for them.

Rares are a different story. There will never be more added, and as people die with them on or get banned, the vanish forever. The numbers get smaller and smaller, and the number of people who want them will pay more and more.

OhioState.jpg

The GES, the only clan ruled by a Goat.

"How did it start? I mean, did one kid just yell out lets have sex!""

I don't see the whip falling much lower than 1.5mil. There comes a time when camping out at abyssal demons will no longer be a way of making good amouts of money. Because of the lower price, I think the drive for some people to train for several months to get 85 slayer will be greatly diminished. And because of less whips coming into the market and the increasing demand as more people either get the money and/or levels to weild one, the price will platue out. Just my opinion, I could be very wrong about this, but I just want to make a post representing those who have 85 slayer. An opinion which may not be shared by everyone, but that seems to be a common belief with those i've met up in canifis tower.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

I don't see the whip falling much lower than 1.5mil. There comes a time when camping out at abyssal demons will no longer be a way of making good amouts of money. Because of the lower price, I think the drive for some people to train for several months to get 85 slayer will be greatly diminished. And because of less whips coming into the market and the increasing demand as more people either get the money and/or levels to weild one, the price will platue out. Just my opinion, I could be very wrong about this, but I just want to make a post representing those who have 85 slayer. An opinion which may not be shared by everyone, but that seems to be a common belief with those i've met up in canifis tower.

Thats exactly what i think is going to happen, i personally wouldnt camp out at abbysals for days for less that 1.5mill. Jagex will release more slayer weapons and armour eventually though so thats why im training slayer still.

Chris_2_8.png

Anything that is a drop will eventually reach an equilibrium market price. Whips have been falling continually since a few days after they were released. The only reason they cost so much in the first place was they were good and rare. They will eventually reach an equilibrium price like everything else (d2h, d wc axe etc.) after that they will move less. I paid more than 1.8 for mine but I knew they would drop, generally speaking anything which isn't a truly rare object (phat, santa etc.) is a poor long term investment.

In short, I don't care if I lost money, I like my whip and I wasn't expecting to sell at a profit. So no the price drop doesn't bother me.

iratebadger.png