What do you think about the huge whip price drop?

jpd2

I guess that's what you get when an apparent MMORPG has 2 or 3 good weapons in it.

WoW has about 10 billion good weapons and new ones for every level...

If RS wants to be competitive it needs to have a complete makeover and a massive patch to bring the good weapon counter up to atleast 10...

^ Another one of the reason I quit for a while... WoW ftw \' \' \' \'

sig3xj6.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

^^ Support it or get confused by pixel-mess :D

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything seems to be dropping lately

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

Im VERY unhappy about this. This makes training way too easy. With our pots, armour, weapons, prayers, and other equiptment, training has become way too easy. Dharoks set - 3.3m? That's 130k xp an hour for 3.3m! well, including repair costs, 1.95m xp for 300k or less after you get the set.

Not to mention inflation- there's just too much money out there! Jagex should really take out money in some new way, maybe perhaps making more money leave the economy than it actually enters.

Thanks,

One Time

mercedesmanipulationn1cj8.png

~Joined RS December 2001

~Retired Mid-2007

i like and dislike this:

i like it cause if it drops to under 400k, i'll make my pure a whipper. That'll be alot more fun for pkers though......

i don't liek it though cause merchanting them at this itme is very difficult if you merchant whips in bulks of 5+, which i do.

Maybe jagex should make a abby whip that trains str only w00000t.

It was bound to happen.

Does anyone happen to know death_siren? She stole a green mask from me, and I think I found my way into her ignore list. If you know anything, please, don't hesitate to give me a pm.

I really don't mind the price- I got mine for 4m a few months ago, but I'm happy that I got it then because the price makes it seem like it's worth more to me :P . The only reason that it would anger me is the fact that it has become a much more common, or much less elite, weapon due to the drop in price :? .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I like it, and yet I don't.

My whip, my friend gave it to me or kind of let me borrow it, when it was around 2.5. When it is under 1mil, more people will have it, expecially the lower levels. So some things like castle wars may get a little harder? And price of Dbaxe may go down too.

i personaly hate but meh cant help it :? i worked my rear off :cry: i payed 3.6m back then and now...the price si just disapoiting to me but good to some ppl im not rich myself but still...just to think the price droped so down just makes me upset :wall:

Lol 3.6m, pfft dude i paid 20m the day they came out.

Personally I could care less as to what happens with whip prices. It is just a whip. Arguably the best weapon in the game, but I've seen a dagger pull off double 37s. Argue with THAT.

In retrospect, I made a promise to myself (and friends/community home) that I'd sell whips at 1M each when I hit 85 slayer, regardless of the economy. I'll hold to that.

Doesn't matter what may happen when whips fall really low; all this means is that everyone will have one. This is a good thing since so many more people are chugging for 85 slayer/combat related goals and could use a decent weapon.

(It ain't half bad for tackling the KBD, either.)

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

i personaly hate but meh cant help it :? i worked my rear off :cry: i payed 3.6m back then and now...the price si just disapoiting to me but good to some ppl im not rich myself but still...just to think the price droped so down just makes me upset :wall:

Lol 3.6m, pfft dude i paid 20m the day they came out.

i question the accuracy of what you say.

if im not mistaken wasnt the first whip sold for 50m?

i believe the first one was sold to some1, i believe his name was tim or something like a t name maybe tom, not 100% sure on that... for 150mil and then the regularity started to become about 50mil, and then some where became 20-25mil and such... and then down to 12 and 8mil in such leaps and bounds.

i personally paid 6mil for my whip, lets say some time ago. i have no issues with the price dropping to 200k.

in my previous post i asked about what huge whip price decline, simply dropping 500k in the past 2 months, is not a big deal.

Well it will keep droping untill the part it won't be worth to get. I assume around the 1mil. I got only 10-11 whips drop and sold them right away. When whip will be worth 1mil it won't be worth the time spend in there - You can be there 1min and get whip but also 2 days with no whip. I made around 20mil in a week there (got 1 day with 3 whips and 2 days with no whips at all. the rest was 1-2 whips a say) and still it isn't the best money making in the game.

I just hope it won't go down under the 1mil cause there is a limit to anything.

btw I bought my whip for 10mil back then and it worth it.

Visit my web-site http://www.saam007.com.

Where you can find: Runescape Home Designer, Runescape Farming Tool, Runescape Sudoku Solver and how to pay membership while playing.

I bought my whip for 2.7 mill. I'm okay with the dropping prices. All those months of whip-based training were so worth the extra price. And losing it won't be as much of a catastrophe anymore, since it will be easier to replace. However, I do believe that the price will stabilise at one point. The lower the prices, the higher the demand. Once that demand cannot be fulfilled anymore, the prices will go up again. Since the whip remains to be a rare drop, it will never be a really cheap weapon.

whips are rare drops and at only few thousand people who can acually get them, comparing to the 1 million subscribers and 200k constant average of players, i beleive that the prices should of never fell this bad, im upset and dont like it, i just hope everything else will fall then also

-mega-

I would agree with the person who posted that whip campers will no longer be content to camp out in the tower. As a not-so-recent 85 slayer achiever, I'm not exactly happy that the price has dropped. However, I have noticed a few less people up in the tower killing abbys. It was worth it even at 2.5M, but with the drop, I spend less and less time up there...