What do you think about the huge whip price drop?

jpd2

I just thought of another consequence of the whips dropping -

They will become more prominent in PKing. Losing 2M for a whip is much, much worse than 500K for a whip. I personally am looking forward to the day when whips become more commonplace, so I hopefully can PK some whips myself :-w

I personally think it's good for all of us. Who wouldn't want a good weapon for cheap?

If you want status, go for rares. :lol:

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought my whip for 22.3M way back when they were first introduced. Do I regret it now? Nope.

I knew then that the price of the whip was bound to fall. If you're one of those people who don't like that the price of the whip has fallen, then you can blame the people who camp out at abbies 24/7; They're the reason the price of the whip is falling faster than a rock.

It's horrible, putting all the +85 slayer folks (such as myself) out of business. :cry:

You only have yourself to blame for that.

But look at the returns it gets you. I bought my whip 3 weeks ago, it has lost around 200k in value, but I have had well over 1 million gp worth of drops using it. 'You could have used any weapon for that' you might say. Sure I could, but I woudln't get the same rate of return, i.e. I wouldn't have made the money back so quickly

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

As more players gain the ability to get whips, the price will inevatbly come down; that's economics. When I started playing, law runes cost 500gp, now they are 300gp,. You cant avoid it, so live with it.

Why is 'common sense' so named, when there is so little of it about?

Welcome to puberty, we've been expecting you.

newsighq9.jpg

It was gonna happen eventually, and most things will be this way, hopefully rares also. More coming in the economy every day.

=/ How are more rares coming into the economy? But no, rares won't go down.. they'll keep going up because there is less and less each week.

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

I was fully expecting to pay at least 3m for my first (still can't wield so oh well).

I has a good and very bad side. Good in that people will be able to afford it leading to maybe more whip PKers and then more whips for PKers lol. But then a lot of people are losing money on ones they bought a long time ago.

Being a mid range player i overall see as good as I'll be able to afford and am not making money from them as I don't have 85 slayer but I feel for those that are losing a good method of money making.

At least we can be relatively safe in the knowledge they won't drop below it's almight high alch price of.........................72k :evil:

im not so thrilled, mine cost me 6 mill + back when i bought it.

It's the best weapon in the game and it would just be stupid for the price to drop below a mill. below 3 is stupid in my opinion anyway

A rune scimi is arguably the best F2P weapon there is, and it cost 25k? I'm sure it cost upwards of a million when it came out? But then again, I wasn't playing back then (somone correct me if I'm wrong?). Drops are bound to happen.
people can make rune scimitars, many many many more of those come into the game then whips do. Whips come in through luck.

i dont think the drop in price is what we are upset at... because you can just as easily make money as you can lose it (getting a random d left half, or guthan spear from barrows). what i think everybody is mad at, is that the best weapon in the game that used to be a status symbol as well as an awesome weapon will soon be available and offordable to noobs everywhere.

the solution? make an npc that will buy and sell whips for a set price, so that you will be loseing money if you sell it for anything less. this will preserve the good name of whips, and keep jagex from haveing to constantly make new "rare" weapons

I think you're just being upset that you have gone from being 'upper class' to 'middle class'; and don't 'think' that you can lump us all in with you.

I paid 1.1milllion for my Dragon med which is now worth about 400k. Do I care? NO! I accept the fact that it has gone down in value because the increase in levels I have gained since having it has allowed me to earn much more money per week and offset that loss; and the increase in levels of players who were unable to get such a drop, when I did, has put them in the position where they can achieve it.

If you bought a Ferrari F355 5 years ago, would you now be putting pressure on Fiat and European governments to artificially support the cost of that car to protect your investment? Of course you wouldn't, because every economist in the western world would laugh at you!

The same applies here,if you are willing to apply real-world economic rules to a fantasy scenario, something which I personally am loath to do, but which so many Runescapers seem happy with.

Why is 'common sense' so named, when there is so little of it about?

Welcome to puberty, we've been expecting you.

newsighq9.jpg

i dont like the price drop, i bought my 1st whip when they were about 4.5m, ive sold and rebought several since then, but my last was at the 2.1m mark. soon ever other person will have one, and they won't be any different than a d long in status.

soon enough jagex will just release another super weapon like the whip, maybe something with the addition of a new skill like the whip was?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

i'm happy because so far i can't afford one and I know i'm never gunna get 85 slayer so i want the prices to drop. The only bad part would be it would be less of an accomplishment. sure it'd say u have 70 attack like I do, but still more people would be able to buy em. i want em to need 70 attack and strength and hits. Why not. it will just make whippers look betetr and anyways i alreayd have those stats. Yay me

mini193.png

Doing a little bit of everything

Well, like in real economics, prices drop as things become less rare. Consider this scenario:

In day one, when only A was level-85 slayer, he held a monopoly sold whips for 50M.

Suppose B reaches level 85 slayer. He figures that if he sold whips for 40M instead, he'll get far more customers. People stop buying from player A, who is then forced to lower his price.

A few weeks later, C reaches 85 slayer. He doesn't care much for money, so he sells for 35M instead. A and B are again forced to lower prices.

Two days later, D reaches level 85 slayer. He decides to quit members, so he sells whips for only 30M...

And the cycle continues.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

i tell you what i tell all the other ones

the drop good for buyers bad for sellers if you want it to go up tell all the merchents and all the others to stop selling em for 1-2 months then people will start offering more and the price go up and it keeps goign in a circle

DoD:S ownage

what we have here is a ..um.. failur to communcate

check out my steam ID page @ alpha company

It was gonna happen eventually, and most things will be this way, hopefully rares also. More coming in the economy every day.

Um, there's one problem with your theory.

There will be more and more people getting whips.

There will never be more of the holiday dropped rares.

So how in the world would the price go down for the rares?

Attack - 99/99

Defense - 97/99

A quest to be the best

This was to come some day. Since more and more people get 85 slayer, more and more whips will be dropped by abyssal demons.

Sad thing, but unavoidable..

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.

Personally I think that the prices will drop quickly until aout 1 mil. Then less people will be for whips as it won't be as good of a way to get money anymore. The prices on every item in rs (except for rares) will drop; nothing anyone can do about it.

"Nobody cheers for Goliath"

~Wilt Chamberlain~

It's great for me. I brought a whip ages ago, and sold it after becoming a nonmember again. 3 mil buy and sell, and now it's so much cheaper \' so if i become a member again, yay!

Currently P2P.

I don't want the world to see me, 'cause I don't think that they'd understand.

Formerly known as: Ghstkill8, Serene Ghst, Genius Goats

the most it will go down is 700 - 1200k

one because it is such a good weapon

two because you need 85 slayer to get it

three it cannot be bought at a specialty store

d chains and d legs have been out for a while....why arent they really cheap?

in fact...look at the d med.....i still think 450k is too much for tht helmet...warrior helms are better and theyre lik 50k

plaxer_x.png

wii_forum2.jpg

Click here to see my goals and achievements thread