Who honestly likes the update?

TheLeader

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't get how the mouse buttons thing works, can anyone explain?

Instead of using 2 mouse buttons (right click), you can use just left click to do anything. It basically does the same as right clicking everything. Why do you ask this now? That option has always been there...

Well there hasn't been an option for turning it on (or off)...And before, the only thing you could do with left click was the first option when you right clicked. So now, if you turn it to one mouse button, you can left click and a menu will pop up? Oh, and I have a feeling that there will be a drop trading soon...(People will create multiple accounts, get each of them a lot of runes, and drop trade them. Then, they'll take all the air runes and selll them. I know Jagex was trying to help newbs out with that part of the update, but I guess no update is perfect.)

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

for the most part, i like the new interface. it looks pretty hawt with the exception of those scary friends list icons. ambient sounds are way cool. orange is kinda harder to read but it does look better. i liked how there was a picture of the weapon i was useing on the combat menu. i really dont like how the buttons are so big in the attack menu. it doesnt look as cool as it did now. the new teleport looks so cool, i wish all teleports had different animations like that. what i really do not like and is going to be very hard for me to adjust to are the following, not because they look different, but because it effects my gameplay.

-the run button is very small, almost to small for such an important button. useing ctrl to run is a good thing to use, but i find it annoying haveing to ctrl before clicking everything. this could be fixed easily- when you run out of run energy, the button should not go to run energy off. this would fix mot problems people have with the small button, and improve gameplay.

-^ is my major concern, but i also dont like how the armor and weapon stats as well as weight are in a menu that needs to be clicked on to be opened. this menu also goes down when something attacks you, or you click somewhere on the mini map, makeing it hard to check how your weight effects your run energy decrease, and how your armor and weapons effect you in combat. grated it does help when compareing armor or weapons in a bank, but you cant do this while running or fighting, makeing it hard to multi task.

i have other little concerns and praise about the new interface, but its all pretty much been said already. my overall impression of the new interface- i like it, although it could use some tweaks.

i think the new interface is more for the new players and younger players rather than older and experienced players.

When I opened the chat interface I was thinking *my god finally the censor is optional!* But much to my chagrin it was just the chat effects option :( Other than that I dislike the orange text and the new emote screen, I mean c'mon do we need a full screen to show the emotes?

i think the new interface is more for the new players and younger players rather than older and experienced players.

Alot of things in the game are now aimed at the younger kids. I personally think they should sperate RS2 into two versions. One of the younger ground, more user friendly, planned out, ect. once they have a decent grasp of the game they can convert to the much more advanced/harder rs2

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

I think it's quite a good update, especially a bank in Lumbridge... The sounds are good, not so sure about the interface, will take a while to get used to :)

EDIT: The free Lumbridge teleport is also awesome (for my level 3 skiller anyway) and I'm definantly gonna have to get used to using the Ctrl + click method for run :)

EDIT 2: The Lumbridge teleport looks pretty neat as well and the skill tutors give out some nifty stuff (or is it only the ranged one? ::' )

smudgerequestredbluesigxs5.png

Check out my blog here!

Thanks Jopie211 for the sig

I don't like the new interface. It seems rather clumsy, but the lumby tele is very interesting.

Currently P2P.

I don't want the world to see me, 'cause I don't think that they'd understand.

Formerly known as: Ghstkill8, Serene Ghst, Genius Goats

the only thing that i dont like is the fact that everything is used as pictures and that makes it a bit harder to do things but i'll just settle down and get used to it like the fally update

in 4 months we will forget what the old screen looked like just like we forgot what fally looked like :lol:

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I think it's quite a good update, especially a bank in Lumbridge... The sounds are good, not so sure about the interface, will take a while to get used to :)

EDIT: The free Lumbridge teleport is also awesome (for my level 3 skiller anyway) and I'm definantly gonna have to get used to using the Ctrl + click method for run :)

EDIT 2: The Lumbridge teleport looks pretty neat as well and the skill tutors give out some nifty stuff (or is it only the ranged one? ::' )

The Warrior Tutor guy gives out training sword and shield, both look like blurite. :shock:

The mage one gives out some runes but nothing special.

icecube7.jpeg

Lumby is now extremely popular...

Well, I've tested out a few things, so I'd like to make a few more comments.

1. New Free Teleport- Nice animation, lol. But yeah, the 30 minute rule is good, along with the fact you can't use in while in combat. So it hasn't ruined PK-ing, it hasn't ruined the price of law runes, it hasn't done anything too bad. But I think Jagex should change it a little, some people might confuse it with "Teleport to House". Yes, they could just wait for the animation to end, and teleport to their house from Lumby...But oh well...

2. Tutors- Very helpful. The only one I haven't talked to is the smithing one in Varrock. I now feel like a newb again, with a training shield and sword, along with a training bow and arrows. The amount of "newbish" questions should be reduced now...

3. Bank in Lumby- I'm kind of split on this one. The main use of the Draynor bank was for willows. But two things the new bank have affected are cooking and flax spinning. It is now the closest spinning wheel to a bank. And for F2P, it's a bank not that far away from the Lumby range, the best range in Runescape. So yes, it's made some things easier. But it hasn't destroyed the purpose of Draynor bank. So I think it's more good than bad.

4. No Lumby swamp shortcut + Lumby swamp mines update +New fishing spot- This is one update I don't like. Stick the mining tutor in one of the Varrock mines, since the smithing tutor is nearby, and mining and smithing go together. Stick the fishing tutor in Draynor, it's not that far away. Anways, the mine update is kind of bad...Yes, if they left the high-leveled rocks there, the new bank would have made it kind of easy. But some people that mine there have done RFD, so it's not like it really matters...At least the mine is closer to Draynor bank than before, so it's good for the people that haven't done RFD.

5. New Interfaces (Options panel)- Blech. At least you can click on the icon to turn it on and off. And the House Options now showsthe number of rooms you have. But other than that, no good.

6. New Interfaces (Emotes)- Good for the non-English speakers. The simple ones like clap shouldn't have been a problem, but it's still good. Besides, not that many people use emotes, and if they do, it's usually the same one over and over.

7. New Interfaces (Worn/Wielded Items menu)- This is one of the worst parts of this update. Seriously, was there a reason for this? Now, you have to use this to figure out how much weight you're carrying. But the only thing that affects is running. So shouldn't the "run" option be with the "weight"? The only reason I can think of is that it was too small.

8. New Interfaces (Attack menu)- Another bad part of the update. There is no point in this. Once again, the only reason I can think of was that it was too small. Keep the Auto-Retaliate there, but make it as close to as it was before. PLEASE.

9. New Interfaces (Everything Else)- Orange text? Not too bad, but I think yellow looked better. I don't think there's anything else...

10. Signposts and Fritz- I like the signposts. I don't know if there are any new ones, but hopefully, it'll prevent people from getting lost. And Fritz is cool, I love monkeys. Oh, and the boot update was good, my rune boots are now a lot better...The new grapple is pretty much pointless, but oh well...

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Well i only just logged in now, however so far it seems great. The new interface seems simple and clean even if its going to take some getting used to. Also remember that is you want to run you just have to hold down crl and click rather than change menus.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

i love the emote and sound etc but i dont like the emote bottons and the run option and armor stats. its not as easy 2 use as b4.. but allt he rest id say: AWSOME update

Quit runescape on Jan 6th of 2008, at level of 115 with around 150M worth of item in bank...however stats still remains

Baoding.png

World 59, the world i loved~

59.png

Now 95% dedicated to playing Microsoft flight simulator

image_mini

http://www.youtube.com/user/im1knight

my youtube channel with many FSX videos i made. please leave a comment if you will