All these people getting "hacked"

willyhenriksen

This is something I can't understand, every single day i hear about friends getting hacked, someone breaking into their account and taking every single item. I have played for 3.5 years with the same password on different accounts. I've never been "hacked", keylogged or gotten a break-in in any way. What are they doing wrong?? I'm generally not taking any precautions when i play, just log on and play and after all these years, my account is still secure.

I still can't belive the consept of someone losing their account.

Thank you.

ashmsig1uq.png

overseerlp5.png

R.I.P. Shiva and Steve

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who get hacked are careless. Top 6 things how people get hacked:

*Cheat site added, forgot about that one :wink:

1) Goes to a cheat site and gets keylogged.

2) Heard they can get help/stuff from http://www.blahblahblah.com. They went there, got keylogged and got their pass stolen.

3) Fell to a "Gimme ur pass, I'm jagex" Scam

4) Have a easy pass. "cow"

5) Said their pass in-game somehow.

6) Tell their friends in real life or in-game their pass.

I do must admit, I did got hacked once for doing #4. I admit I was an idiot, but now I know everything about acc secruity. As some people say "The more experience you get, the more you know." Getting hacked was my big experience.

**Being hcked doesn't not mean you can beg, even if its your first "Big experence" one.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Eh.

Firefox changed my user to an old set of favorites/bookmarks, and I accidently clicked on an old RS autotalker site, that had some questionable things on it.

I CANT STRESS THIS ENOUGH GUYS!

Do NOT! Never! Go to any macro/ect sites!

As long as your friends are legit, you don't go to any cheating type sights, and your password involves numbers and words, you'll be fine.

I learned it the hard way.

people go to bad websites and get keyloggers. They're reckless and dont regularly scan their computers, resulting in hacking. I've never had a keylogger in my life, but regardless, to make sure i scan my computer every other day with a extremely good program. THis program also detects spyare on imageshack, and believe me there's a ton of it.

I believe hackers are just trying every different combination of letters; there's a name however I forgot. :roll:

Put an alphanumeric password - don't look at cheat sites and don't tell anybody. No hack will arrive at your doorstep.

Brute force :wink:

People who get hacked are careless. Top 5 things how people get hacked:

2) Heard they can get help/stuff from http://www.blahblahblah.com. They went there, got keylogged and got their pass stolen.

yeah basicly that is what i would say that a good majority of becasue of that

1 i like to add though is

6) tell there friends rl or in game their pass

legends2.jpg

Yeah I really agree with you. I've been playing for 2 years and have never once been hacked. I don't have that hard of a password and I haven't changed it for a year or so. I also haven't changed my recovery questions for the entire 2 years I've been playing. I also have made some other accounts and used the same password and didn't get hacked. I really don't see how people get hacked, I mean if it was so easy why haven't I?

image002cc6.gif

im level 76 and IM NOT A NOOB 30- is a noob

People who get hacked are careless. Top 5 things how people get hacked:

yeah basicly that is what i would say that a good majority of becasue of that

1 i like to add though is

6) tell there friends rl or in game their pass

Opps thanks. Forgot to add the friend pass thing when I added the cheat sites. Thanks :wink:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

i guess they try to download sum runescape auto stuff and they get keylogged my lil bro tried doing it so i got mum to ban him for 4 week. and we had 2 trojans and 3 keyloggers

single_skill1133807785.png

Starksy and Hutch - DO IT DO IT DO IT

z0mg0rz haxx0rz!!1111!!!oNE!!!!1

sorry, iv always wanted to say that ::'

on topic:iv had the same pass for two years and no hack. im guessing its because ppl advertise there banks and stats on forums like this, resulting in people wanting to actually hack them.

untitled-1.png

In five years I've never changed my password and I never got "cracked" into. Yes, use the proper term next time. :-k

The majority of these people (about a third) get their accounts breached by keyloggers, which is again gotten by trying to break yet another rule/s: Trying to find "cheats", account sharing and macroing. It's their fault for not paying enough attention.

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

i bet about 5% of the people who got "hacked" probably is just trying to fake it to get stuff.
They're the second-largest group that say it, where most are second accounts by low-mid level players. Not only are they lying but they're also giving genuine new players a bad reputation... Do we really want to drive off the actually good players and return Runescape to the peaceful game it was?
"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

I once got hacked right after either watching a video from the TIF Graveyard or link in the forum.

Ranged Crave

PS Yeah, I got bad virus protection. What was the result? 13m Lost, 1 month of trojanned computer.

newsigwu9.png

I'M SO EMO HAHAHAHAHAHA

sometimes my firend just say their hacked even if they are not....

i got havked once and i felled into the jagex will block ur pass scam...good think i only lost 40k or so

Proud member of the Crimson Raiders

1000 total lvl achieved on 4-17-07 -F2P