• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to know about exclusives:

360 Exclusives

PS3 Exclusives

Wii Exclusives

You know what I just noticed? PC owns. Other than Halo 3 (which will come to PC, but probably not til 2009-2010), we pretty much have all the best Xbox360 "exclusives" (Alan Wake, Bioshock, Gears of War, Splinter Cell 5), a few PS3 "exclusives" (UT2k7 etc.) and we get all the best multi-platform games (Assassin's Creed, Oblivion, GTA4 (will come to PC)). And all our own exclusives (sucks that we lost Half-Life 2, sucks hard). But we still have pretty much all the RTS's, we have the best FPS's, and we get the all the best games from other platforms, aswell as heaps more versatility in our machine.

Yeah that's so true. So I don't have to buy an X360 to play Assassin's Creed :shock:

GTA4 (will come to PC)

You made my day. Source? :D

there is none, but its a good bet it will do

Yup, it's just good business, for a lot of reasons.

A) Now that the barrier's of exclusive for 6 months thing are down, there's noone to get mad when the release it on another platform (in fact, Microsoft will be happy if they release it Vista only).

B) In the past, all the GTA games have sold a lot of copies; many people hold out on buying the PS2 version to buy the PC version instead (or, in many cases, aswell). They have sold close to as many copies on PC as on Xbox, if not more. My rough estimate is about a million copies. That by far outweighs the costs of porting it, making huge profits for everyone.

C) Me, and about a million other people will flame the hell out of Rockstar if it doesn't happen.

I can see it coming maybe a week or 2 after the initial release. If they're particularly generous, it might be the same time as Xbox360/PS3. However, the 6 month thing wouldn't surprise me either (that actually works out better...I have about 100x more time to game in the summer, and when GTA4 comes out on PS3, I'll be knee deep in univeristy work). They might also make it longer to make 100% sure that there's nothing in the game code this time that shouldn't be.

Conclusion: GTA4 will almost certainly come to PC.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Adding to the next gen games... what else are people waiting for?

Like I already said, Assassin's Creed for X360 looks amazing. But if it comes out on PC, that would be much better. The other next gen games I'm waiting for are LoZ:Twilight Princess, SSBBrawl (Can't wait to spread my online ownage), and Spore.

Like I already said, Assassin's Creed for X360 looks amazing. But if it comes out on PC, that would be much better. The other next gen games I'm waiting for are LoZ:Twilight Princess, SSBBrawl (Can't wait to spread my online ownage), and Spore.

Everything you just said is exactly what I want. The 360's a little pricey for me right now but im thinking of going with the Wii since I already ordered TP in march (for gamecube though). I'm thinking that I should just make it for the Wii instead although i normally don't get systems as soon as they come out.

Option H

1. Tie: Xbox 360 & Wii

2. Playstation 3

I love my xbox360, but the wii just looks fantastic. The ps3 is a load of crap.

That's why I'm tied between my 360 and the Wii...

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

I thought Wii is the one supposedly to depend on first parties? :)

It seems like they are known for their first party games more than others.

But in my completley un-proffesional opinion, I think they need to depend on first parties a lot less than the other two consoles. Both the PS3 and 360 cost more to manufacture than what they charge for them. They make up the money with their games. The Wii makes money from selling their system, so they really don't need the games to make money.

There's probably a flaw in that logic, but that's what I think.

It's pretty smart of them not to depend so much on 1st party games. Normally what happens is they release a lot of 1st party games percentage wise, and those games outsell the 3rd party games completely. In turn the 3rd party companies can't compete with Nintendo's games and stop supporting them, which keeps cyclically happening. By not having so many 1st party games they're giving 3rd party games a better chance - and without their support they're doomed to have the N64 and gamecube's fate. We'll get our nintendo 1st party killer apps, just more spread out than normal.

360 Exclusives

PS3 Exclusives

Wii Exclusives

Yeah, I read that. And according to Joystiq:

The investigatory-journalism notes that the Xbox 360 offers 48 exclusive games with the help of a one-year head start (48% of which are first-party), the PS3 has a total of 35 games (51% of which are first-party), and Wii represents with 40 titles (35% of which are first-party). Hit the read link for the full list of exclusives by console according to the games blog.

X360 - 48 Exclusives (48% First Party)

PS3 - 35 Exclusives (51% First Party)

Wii - 40 Exclusives (35% First Party)

I thought Wii is the one supposedly to depend on first parties? :)

Oh, and I edited in everyone who voted so far.

I think he updated the article or something because now it's

X360-58 exclusives (40% First party)

PS3-35 exclusives (51% first party)

Wii-46 exclusives (39% first party)

and it's pretty amazing that the wii is so close to the 360 in first party's even though xbox had a year headstart

Option D

1. Playstation 3

2. Wii

3. Xbox 360

I've had both the PS1 and PS2, and my PS2 is about to give up life. I have tonnes of PS2 games I won't be able to play then, so its either get a PS3 or a cheap 2nd hand PS2, which I'll probably still pay about ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã100 for. Also a PS3 will let me get cool new games, more Koei games, new Final Fantasy etc =) I put Wii above Xbox 360 just because I might get a Wii, I highly doubt it though, just looks rather cool, on the other hand I'd never buy a 360, ever. Microsoft having control of my PC is quite enough for me.

run3furysigvo3.png

Like I already said, Assassin's Creed for X360 looks amazing. But if it comes out on PC, that would be much better.

You mean, when it comes out for PC.

That's awesome.

I edited in everyone who posted their vote.

Oh, and I kinda jump shipped :oops:

Sony is going down.

It's going to be the 360 in first place, Wii shortly behind it, assuming it can catch up in sales, which it very well may, and Ps3 will be dead-last. Roll around on gaming communities...Noone is excited about the Ps3 anymore except the one dude who is a fan of Sony and spews it's specs every chance he can get as if it even matters. Apparnelty, Blue107 is that guy on tip.it, lol.

Sony made a $700 (it's $700 with 1 game plus tax for it all at purchase) Blueray player, lolgg. It's so expensive because they FORCE you to use Blueray, something that is also made by Sony. The way I see it, it's a way for them to try to make Blueray the "future", but it won't work because hardly anyone is interested anymore.

The 360 has and will keep having awesome games out for it, which will keep it at #1. Plus it's had a large jump on releasing ahead of time, so.

LOTS of people are excited about the Wii, that thing will sell pretty well, I'd think.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

360 Exclusives

PS3 Exclusives

Wii Exclusives

You know what I just noticed? PC owns. Other than Halo 3 (which will come to PC, but probably not til 2009-2010), we pretty much have all the best Xbox360 "exclusives" (Alan Wake, Bioshock, Gears of War, Splinter Cell 5), a few PS3 "exclusives" (UT2k7 etc.) and we get all the best multi-platform games (Assassin's Creed, Oblivion, GTA4 (will come to PC)). And all our own exclusives (sucks that we lost Half-Life 2, sucks hard). But we still have pretty much all the RTS's, we have the best FPS's, and we get the all the best games from other platforms, aswell as heaps more versatility in our machine.

*Sigh*

Assassin's Creed is also for Xbox360.

Oblivion has been out on the 360 for months.

GTA4, last I heard, was Xbox360 EXCLUSIVE, but I think I remember reading it was for both systems.

I read the Ps3's exlusivities, and only a few made me want to buy a Ps3, whereas the Xbox360 pretty much forces me to buy it because I'd miss out on so much.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

already have xbox360

wont waste money on a wii or a ps3

a91e22ec.gif
Aefx(started 11/1/2002) Cb: 200 TS: 1900+
Bmms--Jr(Started on 1/24/06)(Banned 11/13/09 ) Cb: 119(pre-eoc) TS: 1700+
Bmms(Started 8/?/2001)(Banned 1/24/06 ) Cb: 101(pre-eoc) TS: 1350+

I've read in my works Music and Video magazine that they are working on chips so that you can play Blue-ray and HD on every player.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!