(Secretly) The Fastest Mage Exp Possible (EXPENSIVE)

ikraz66

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 runes to do ammy thign so 25 spaces in bank then 1 for string 1 for ammy = 12.5 cant have that ofc so 12. then with the amount of effort its pointless to bother, might as well alch

You don't need strings when using the spell.

single_skill1165709744.png

3 runes to do ammy thign so 25 spaces in bank then 1 for string 1 for ammy = 12.5 cant have that ofc so 12. then with the amount of effort its pointless to bother, might as well alch

actually if you use mud staff its 27 spaces in inventory plus 1 for astral runes. You dont need balls of wool for this since the spell makes them.

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

I dunno if someone posted this before, too lazy to read the whole post...2 pages... but using your first method in pest control is incredibly fast exp.

And, Dork Punker, i don't understand, but what does the discovery of whips have to do with charging over and over?

Lamest attempt at a lure ever.
No, Ive seen "selling easter egg 5m must be level 78 77 or 76 and meet at varrock bar unarmed.

Unless they changed it after the first day, each time an amulet is strung the spell is cast. In other words, it takes 20+ casts per inventory; not all at once. I thought the same thing with pies for 200mil xp and... needless to say it was a waste of math, lol.

As mentioned, you only hit and get xp for up to 9 targets. The others are ignored. I have yet to really dive in to the priority for targetting but don't really think that the value is worth the work of repeated tests.

The absolute fastest way in the game to raise magic regardless of cost is to (and yes this is ridiculous but it is technically the fastest possible) get 18 friends to stand 2 to a square in a 3x3 grid. In your poh. Their stats should be 99 hp, 1 def, and 1 mage while wearing the worst magic defense possible. Cast Ice Barrage on the center person while wearing the best mage gear. As soon as a person dies, they just run back to their position. In reality, you don't have 18 friends willing to stand still for hours with those stats. Getting 9 buddies together to alch wearing rune would be relatively easy and nobody gets incredibly bored (well, AS bored anyway).

Second fastest would likely be PC with ice barrage and a fast clan. Third would be the same spell at daganoths or some other random multi-way fight. Too bad they won't line up in 3x3 grids for you, though. :cry:

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

You can't trade in the arena anymore that I know of.

You cant do that, I was going to sell my nats down there.. :oops:

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink

method 2: (lunar spells) string jewelry

---> Obtain tons of unstrung symbols or unstrung gold amulets, and tons of astral runes and string them using this spell. You only need to cast it once for your entire inventory, but you actually get exp (and use the runes) for each amulet you string. So if you can string 26 amulets at once, and you get 44 mage xp per amulet, that's 1144 xp each time you cast the spell! This is probably faster (and definately easier) than the ancient magicks method, but you dont get hp exp this way.

I did method 2. It's quite affordable if you can make your own nats. Mud-staff is absolutely required, but after that it's not that bad. Expenses are 200 per gold bar (and available in huge numbers on RS-forums), 100 per pure essence. Regular gold ammies alch for 210 each if I remember correct.

The positive of the string-spell is, it works while you walk and you only have to press it once for it to string all ammies in inventory one by one. So load up on gold, have ammy mould in inv and your runes. Craft the ammies in Al-kharid furnace, click into the bank, click on the spell and you'll be stringing while you walk.

It uses runes for every amulet made, no balls of wool are required and you get the regular craft xp for stringing as well (4 xp per ammy, wooohoo !) When empty on gold in bank, find a quiet spot and alch the ammies to maximise on the mage xp.

P.S I was interested more in crafting xp at the time, so I didn't buy unstrung ammies/symbols as is. Doing that is faster than making your own of course.

DutchDreams.png

I would normally enchant in the Arena, but this Lunar way seems good...

The trouble is you need loads of unstrung jewellery, unless you can use holy symbols, since those are normally for sale in Fally general bank...

And...How much do Astral Runes cost?

mage,Mil%20Odedra.gif

And...How much do Astral Runes cost?

NEVER buy them from other players, they are heavily inflated. If you have 82 rc, crafting them is absolutely the best way. If you dont, world hop shop at Baba Yaga, buy down to a stock of 150'ish (thats from 50 gp at full stock of 250 to about 100 ea at 150)

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

IF you could string ALL the items in your inventory just in once click, the experience would be insane. Think about... I'll do a bit estimated maths now..

Exp for each string - 40

Items to be string at once - 27

1 inventory = 1080...

Now, that would most probably take about... Eh, 5 seconds?

3600/5 = 720.... And 720*1080 = 777K exp...

Of course Jagex had thought about that, thats why it's not like that. :\

I have always said: You cant train your magic unless you are filthy rich and willing to ice burst bandits etc.. Or you just have to be something very close to a braindead, to alchemy 50k+ times or just cast stun for insane amounts.

Margus.png

Easiest way to train magic with least effort is to Fire bolt steel dragons.

You get all your money back from the dragon drops, get decent prayer experience, hits xp, get a lot of bloods and rune drops to alch. And you don't have to pay attention and constantly click.

Got from 78-94 mage that way and must have had quite a few prayer levels and a decent amount of hits xp, unfortunatly the steel dragons believe I'm a girl and thus gave me 7 skirts to just 1 pair of legs =/ Stil broke even though.

After I've maxed melee on Abyssals I'll be fire bolting to 99 mage.

IF you could string ALL the items in your inventory just in once click, the experience would be insane. Think about... I'll do a bit estimated maths now..

Exp for each string - 40

1 inventory = 1080...

I have always said: You cant train your magic unless you are filthy rich and willing to ice burst bandits etc.. Or you just have to be something very close to a braindead, to alchemy 50k+ times or just cast stun for insane amounts.

it doesnt instantly do every single amulet with one click, it does an animation for each one, with only one click

misterxmansigstinkyani27xm.gif

no longer mk.

Exp for each string - 40

1 inventory = 1080...

it doesnt instantly do every single amulet with one click, it does an animation for each one, with only one click

And I'm pretty sure that no man on earth can do 720 inventorys of ammies without spending a second on banking at all :-s

Dead+Dude4.png

the exp you can get @ a dungeon party on world 6 is pretty crazy

i went to some guys house with about 30 people in the cage of his dungeon and i casted ice barrage on them and checked the exp, 242 exp in a single cast.

Lolz, you should read all the post before posting things which i stated in my post around the corner anyway, okei? :) That was all hypothetical...

And I'm pretty sure that no man on earth can do 720 inventorys of ammies without spending a second on banking at all :-s

I said, if the spell could do all the ammies at ONCE, meaning that it would take 1 second to cast the spell, another one to open bank, another one to put them away, and another one to withdraw new ammies....

Really, people think before you post... Btw sorry about my awful english.

Margus.png

Well I have tried tons of ways for mage xp

•  

[*:aqzdsv3u]Gaunts at Dragons. (Slow)

[*:aqzdsv3u]SLayer Dart at Abbys - Barrows - DK's (Slow)

[*:aqzdsv3u]Ancients @ barrows (Slow)

[*:aqzdsv3u]Alc'n (Medium and Boring)

[*:aqzdsv3u]Alc at Arena (Medium and Boring)

[*:aqzdsv3u]Enchant Arena (Fast and Boring)

[*:aqzdsv3u]Ice Burst @ Dags-Bandits (Fast but costly)

[*:aqzdsv3u]Ice Burst @ Pest Control (Uber Fast!)

I never got to take advantage of the Crumble undead or Charge bug/glitch and they were the fastest!

I went from 90-94 mage at PC gaining around 400-800k a day there.

I went through about 25k deaths and used ancient staff so used waters also..

If you use the Points for mage it's dang quick or just use the mage xp from spells and max out Strength or HP.

Gluck

I just train magic in pc using melee. Trouble is I have a hard time finding a good world, after an hour or 2 the Affliction worlds are up to taking about 2 minutes per game... of course if you are really cheap curse training will take up hilariously low amounts of money (comparable to using limestone brick fireplaces for construction). Btw, what was the crumble undead glitch?

At one point there was a faster method. Unfortunately after I got 82 magic using it, Jagex figured it out and changed it. :(

It used to be, you find 30+ people who want free high alch xp. You bring them to the mage training arena and they alch for the 30 gp item. Then you replace their natures for 20 of the coins.

They keep the extra 10 gp and they get their nature back and you deposit the 20 gp for 40 xp. With enough people you could get over 300k magic XP per hour.

Unfortunately after I got 82 magic Jagex saw my forum thread, and the next day they changed it so you can't trade inside. <.<

So you're the one who ruined it for the rest of us!!! lol

you're lucky you didnt get banned.

For what?

It wasn't a bug. Jagex just didn't think that it would become so easy to level up.

Jagex only changed it cause they decided they didn't want mage to be so easy to level, just like they changed crumble undead and charge.

People who used crumble undead and charge weren't considered bug abusers either. They just used a trick to train quickly that Jagex didn't like and they changed it so you can't get the XP as quick.