The low Agility epidemic...

Paul00

1-agility's benefits are marginal at best, people would rather spend their time doing something more fun and rewarding, like quests

2-its just both slow to train, and boring, and its not fishing where you can click on the spot and then start reading a book or something

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look no need to compare slayer to agility, all skills are different.

I like to train agility, sometimes. When walking to someplace in RS you might come across an agility shortcut which could be handy, agility I think is the only skill that helps you in f2p. ::'

Well for me i find agility boring and EXTREMLY repeditive im sorry v.v i just cant stand it

Like theres a skill thats not?

Anyway, I liked to train agility, but when I was p2p still I was hooked on slayer, so never got to 70 agility like i hoped to.

Lagatag.png

But, Very few people actually go from 1-99 without buying it. Agility is a very respectable skill for the sake you can't buy it.

Skills Like: Slayer, Thief, Wood Cut, and Fishing. Are all like this and they are repetitive, and people train those skill a lot. So why not agility?

Because you can make money with slayer, thieving, woodcutting, and fishing.

Agility generates no money.

Agility is a very useful skill, which is why I have a decent level in it. It provides all kinds of neat shortcuts, and most importantly, it recharges your run faster. I find myself VERY VERY annoyed when I get on oen of my noob pures and it takes forever to recharge run, because I'm so used to it going up a percent every few seconds. Before RS2 though, I didn't train it at ALL, except where it was required by a quest.

its probably been said a million times in this thread but..

Agility brings in no money.

Agility has less variety to gain xp than any other skill.

Agility can't be bought.

You can't read forums or do anything else while training Agility.

So in the low-agility player's minds.. what's the point in spending all that time to get Agility with little reward when you could be spending that on another skill and become uber rich?

It's a shame that agility hasn't been updated much to connect with any other skill.

Agility has less variety to gain xp than any other skill.

I have to disagree with you with that. Agility has agility arena,wildy course and ape atoll, alot of different courses. Look at mining, what's the way to gain the fastest exp possible again? granite. Alternative? iron. That's all

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

its not your agility lvl, dont worry about it. so shut up? this is dumb and shouldnt have gone to 5 pages because some guy is amazed he has an upper hand in the agility skill.

your 80+ agility congratulations. yes i agree, agility is helpful and its pretty good filler exp, but theirs reasons people have low lvls in skills such as this and herblore. because it takes forever and is boring.

i would do agility til i was like lvl 85 but id probably kill my self.

its not your agility lvl, dont worry about it. so shut up? this is dumb and shouldnt have gone to 5 pages because some guy is amazed he has an uphand in the agility skill.

your 80+ agility congratulations. yes i agree, agility is helpful and its pretty good filler exp, but theirs reasons people have low lvls in skills such as this and herblore. because it takes forever and is boring.

Your input into this discussion was amazing.

You sir, are my hero.

its not your agility lvl, dont worry about it. so shut up? this is dumb and shouldnt have gone to 5 pages because some guy is amazed he has an uphand in the agility skill.

Your input into this discussion was amazing.

You sir, are my hero.

What he said without the sarcasm, i agree 100% jessy.

its not your agility lvl, dont worry about it. so shut up? this is dumb and shouldnt have gone to 5 pages because some guy is amazed he has an upper hand in the agility skill.

Would you relax? It's an interesting topic, and he's got a valid point. Just because he likes agility doesn't mean he's being superior about it.

Personally, I find it repetitive but it still requires lots of attention being paid. The rewards are minimal, I couldn't really see me using those shortcuts, and I just generally find it too repetitive.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

People ask to be rated dude, if I said "rate me" and had 5 fletch people would go off. I just don't understand why no one cares about agility, even skillers.

I really don't care how high my level is compared to others either.

645th to 99 Agility.

I'm always up for a good chat, feel free to pm.

People ask to be rated dude, if I said "rate me" and had 5 fletch people would go off. I just don't understand why no one cares about agility, even skillers.

You do have a point there but I have to agree with jessy. Maybe people have just overly emphasized fletching? There is a difference between fletching and agility, fletching at least you can be on the forums while cutting.. agility is nothing, its like thieving but you are actually losing money (Food, energy pots if you use them).

Its also useless for the most part, other then being able to regain energy faster and run for a longer period of time. I personally think mining is worse then agility, but more people have 85 mining then 85 agility because mining makes money.

I personally am starting to like agility, I just haven't gotten around to training it majorly because i have other goals id like to persue first..

Fletching of course, but just because it's easy I have to have it a high level?

Offtopic- Michigan Ftw!

Haha truly...back on topic

You don't have to be a high level fletcher for it to be easy to do while forum-browsing...fletching a bunch of normal logs is just as time consuming as an equal amount of yew, isn't it?

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I'm really not seeing where people get the "you can't go on forums" thing, I'm doing agility and reading forums.

Well I don't know what ape atoll is like if thats what you are using, but i dont think its much different from the wild, and you can't write up a decent post without having to click back to rs and click next obstacle every 3 seconds. I suppose someone could look at forums while thieving but only during fails

nah i came off a lil harsh in my post, but this is dumb, i never said you were superior i meant you had a upperhand @ agility thru your actualy enjoyment of it.

2ndly, usually people have rate this posts are pures or some garbage. or just low lvls(90ish's) who want to feel like they did a good job.

no seriously, why did you make a post on this? this is almost a rant.

also, 1 thing about agility is that, its most effectively noticed from lvl 1 to lvl 50, pretty much after that its like the benefits are tiny, i could never run as far as i could as a free world player, and my 71 agility makes it so. not a big deal that i can run from the castle wars bank to the west ardounge doors without stopping.

agility is pretty slowly gained exp in my eyes, i can make like 1k exp @ pc per game not including the exp id get from the point, 500 exp in a roughly a minute eh its ok, i know somethings are much faster/slower. and if you use brimhaven, well that exp is definately slow in the way that your exp reward takes so long to build up.

seriously, how do you concentrate on forums while doing agility? you have to climb over obstacles and do this and that frequently to get the best exp.

Agility isn't too hard to train, it's only because SOME people are too lazy to train it and give up after the first lap. I have 84 agility and I'm still alive after the work I did to get it.

Proud Fire Cape Owner March 9, 2007

Owner of 2/24 Capes of Achievement

Planet__X.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, then throw it in their faces and ask for the oranges you originally asked for.