The low Agility epidemic...

Paul00

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't every skill like that?

Sitting in a bank for 4 days getting 99 fletch?

If you want to take that path and simply buy your skill...its not like thats the only way to level fletching. Gathering items etc. keeps things relatively fresh. Agility doesn't have this.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

But, Very few people actually go from 1-99 without buying it. Agility is a very respectable skill for the sake you can't buy it.

Skills Like: Slayer, Thief, Wood Cut, and Fishing. Are all like this and they are repetitive, and people train those skill a lot. So why not agility?

Edit: Go to Gnome Course in the Grand Tree area for level 1 area.

645th to 99 Agility.

I'm always up for a good chat, feel free to pm.

A lot of the people that I meet in the agility arena in Brimhaven show that agility is one of the most looked down upon skill. They all say that they are just there to get the level that they need for a particular quest and then they are never going to train the skill again.

I happen to think that agility is one of the most usefull skills in the game. It gives you access to all of the wonderful agility shortcuts that make getting around so much easier. And it helps your energy to recharge faster. I am eventually going to get level 99 in that skill because of all of the benifits that you get from it. :)

Meridithila.png

Meridithila.png

The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

First Dragon Drop 5/6/2006 -Dragon Med from Bronze Dragon :D

First Barrows Item From Chest 2/20/2007 - Verac's Brassard :D

Like you said nobody trains it to train it.

If you look at the high scores there is a lot of people with 85 then suddenly the number completely fails.

Its very sad how I have 81 not a very high level in a skill, but I'm in the top 1,500 :(

645th to 99 Agility.

Maybe it has something to do with not getting great rewards in terms of cash/items for the effort in return. For myself, the time I have to spend to get an agility level up, I rather spend doing a skill that will earn me some cash that I can use to raise another one.

So yes, mine is slacking as well, though I gained 2 levels the past week ;) All respect to those getting to 99 =D>

DutchDreams.png

The people who love agility I've noticed don't really care about money. O.o

I'd much rather have respect then cash :P.

And remember world 99 at ape atoll to train with me!

645th to 99 Agility.

But, Very few people actually go from 1-99 without buying it. Agility is a very respectable skill for the sake you can't buy it.

Skills Like: Slayer, Thief, Wood Cut, and Fishing. Are all like this and they are repetitive, and people train those skill a lot. So why not agility?

Because you don't get anything out of training it OTHER than the benefits of the skill's level, itself. I could woodcut all the way to 99...or thieve, and I'd be a very rich man because of it. Agility is just bl3h.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

It's a pretty fun skill to train except sometimes it's just too boring. I like to keep my agility and thieving level together and since thieving is pretty fun when your bored of magic trees I raise my thieving, thus making me raise my agility. I have got to 67 agility so I can pot and use that blue dragon shortcut in taverly, I plan to get it to 70 to make it easier. Thieving is quite useful when you suddenly need a little bit of money and there's no bank nearby. Karamja boat from Port Sarim has some men and women to thieve from since I sometimes forget the cash for the boat ride, it is faster than killing them for 30 gp. Agility replenishes your energy faster, which I find quite useful on those long quest with bunch of walking!

99 Fletch~~99 WC~~79/81 Fishing

87/94 Magic~~84 Range

Etha! Saradomin Forever~CW

CB: 107 Total: 1788+

ON BREAK

It's probably a combination of being repetative, that there are only a few places to train it, and the fact that there is very little to gain other than exp combined.

The other skills mentioned that can't be bought can be a bit profitable, and a bit more convient. You're just passing through ardougne, and decide to grab a few cakes real quick. But agility courses are more out of the way.

Look, if your mom still drops you off at school, you ain't gangsta, pull up your damn pants!

142qvyv.jpg

3 down, 7 to go

I love agility - it would be my next 99 stat if I had the time to train it.

Yes most people are 60 agility max, very few of my friends are 70+ (though oddly enough two of my friends have 99 agility).

It's very convenient to have high agility, I don't know why so many people blow it off.

Jagex ought to make another agility mini-game - or at least tweak the amount of XP you get from tickets in the Brimhaven course. Thieving got Pyramid Plunder, so agility should get an awesome mini-game too :P

77yLQy8.png

I cannot bring myself to train it, im lvl 111 on rs2, 103 on classic ive been a member since i was lvl 97 in rsc, im only 41 agility..

I TRY to lvl it, do 2 runs arround a course and leave to do something productive, its boring its repetitive and the lvls that make it useful are so ridiculously high as to make them seem not worth the trouble of lvling it.

To be honest agility is a stupid skill, perhaps if they made it so you could lvl it effectivly in day to day game play (make commonly used shortcuts like the ardougne log or edge dungeon monkey bars give more xp) i would get mine up.

its not buyable..

also its not a causeual skill ( such as mining, fishing, woodcut) notice those are not buyable but often during my day to day game play i find myself fishing or woodcutting or mining) also agility courses do not give massive exp such as other skills..agility takes time.

also what about the low farming epedemic.....so many people are not ranked in farmining. my agility is my third highest member skill after fletching and slayer i guess i am odd.

StarViv.png

Ahh...My friend would love this topic. He loves agility, and is currently going for 99. But it's true, so few people train and like agility, it's like a tiny community. My friend met the #1 agilityest through his thread, and now they are friends, mainly because it was the only 99 agility thread. So, your right, people who like agility are very rare, but that creates a community of them.

(If that didnt make sence to you, just ignore this post, it's not a very good one.)

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

slayer is not repetitive

thieving has pyramid plunder which i hear is quite fun

woodcutting is good for people to talk to

and you can talk while fishing :notalk:

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements