views on farming?

andufusthebronze

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely love farming. It is one of my favorite time killers in the game. It is the kind of thing that I do when I don't have anything else that I want to do but still want to play the game. Fun to do (to me) and I love all of the herbs and stuff that I get out of it. ::'

Meridithila.png

Meridithila.png

The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

First Dragon Drop 5/6/2006 -Dragon Med from Bronze Dragon :D

First Barrows Item From Chest 2/20/2007 - Verac's Brassard :D

Only think about Farming I do not like is the length in time that is required to level it up. I did, however, get from 1-30 the day it came out, but since then have only gotten my level to 64. The main problem is the only fast way to level is from trees, which are too costly IMO.

War+Implored.png

banner2mm5cwvz1lf4.gif

2llyqhcqv9.jpg

i personally love farming... for the little work you put into it, it gives ALOT of exp and BIG rewards, and its not repetitive... i cant tolerate doing the same thing over and over and over for long periods of time...

i really think farming lvls go by really fast... few days til it's my top stat, whee :D

grand99-3-1.png

I usually did Farming when I was bored or had nothing else to do. I only ever farmed on late nights during summer when I wasn't out with my friends or skilling in-game. I got to level 32 before members ended :thumbsup:

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

I have no problem at all with farming... except actually getting the seeds themselfs. The only real way to level with any speed is to se trees, however the costs of those add up really fast. Currently i'm only using the skill for growing herbs, however I've already got myself over 500 irits, 200 toadflax and a lot of others i've forgotten to count.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

Whats farming?

Was that a joke or were you serioius? :?

Farming is my second least favorite skill - least favorite being smithing. I only level it once in a blue moon, and with tears of guthix, it being my lowest level skill at 56. Only reason I favor it over smithing is because it has a wide variety of useful things, although mind numbingly boring. I use it occasionally when I need kwuarms and limpwurt roots for super strength potions. Farming herbs definatly beats buying or killing for them.

Smithing on the other hand is completely unprofitable. Used to be, but now the price of the bars to make stuff = about the price of the item made, in a lot of cases, less. Never train it unless a quest (devioius minds) forces me to.

People who hate farming or say it's too hard to level, are the ones who really do NOT now HOW to farm.

Growing vegetables in one places and watching them grow WILL take ages, and none of the high lvl farmers actually do this, so don't go believing it's boring and a very slow skill to level. What one needs to do is plant in 2 herb patches, 2-3 tree spots and 2-3 fruit tree locations. Stock up on the fruits you pick, as they're needed to give to the farmers to look after other items. Come back a day later, and repeat.

Doing this will make you spend roughly 10-15 minutes on farming per DAY. It is the most laid back simple skill, requiring NO attention whatsover. Those people who complain about it are ignorant fools who truely believe they must sit at a vegetable patch all day and alch.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

Farming could have been better.

Its only useful for getting herbs, some seconds, and a spirit tree in one of only 3 places.

Getting food from farming failed miserabely.

Tuna potatoes are still tied to fishing and butter just kills it for me.

Also, getting seeds was a pain until they added farming to miscellania for me.

The skill could use alot of work, like others... (agility, smithing, mining)

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

ty ny one else??

Please don't spam the forums.

I used to hate farming. Literally hate.

Then I compleated tears of guthix, yaddayaddayadda, and now I love the feeling of harvesting 1,000,000 herbs from a single seed.

So far I really like it, because Im able to do quests and other skills and such as I wait for my plants to grow! :D

However if I could afford an amulet of nature so I could tell when something happened to my crops it would be realy helpful. Where do I get one btw?

And I dont think Ill be able to do much on farming until December 25, when I get my own computer and my sis dont kick me off like she's about to do right now, I can feel it!

And nice sig, it really speaks to those sweetcorn growers I always see! :lol:

("\(.:...:.)/")

I think farming has become a lot more popular since it first came out. It's has become one of the biggest sources of herbs and some secondary ingredients. Also, it's nice to be able to have your own magic or even spirit tree of your own.

I stick to planting herbs. It costs too much for tree seeds. It's pretty slow xp but well worth it.

greatham.png

- Affliction - 100 Combat - 9/15/06

Merchant / Skiller

lolyr0.png

I didn't like it to start with but then at a cartain level I got into it, not I enjoy it :) I like the fact you can be working on different plots at different times.

017mistymaple0112textis2.png

Thanks Choas for the Avatar and Petry for the sig (You know who you are) :)

Optimistic Elder in Runescape's only cult, The Order of Cabbage.

People who hate farming or say it's too hard to level, are the ones who really do NOT now HOW to farm.

Growing vegetables in one places and watching them grow WILL take ages, and none of the high lvl farmers actually do this, so don't go believing it's boring and a very slow skill to level. What one needs to do is plant in 2 herb patches, 2-3 tree spots and 2-3 fruit tree locations. Stock up on the fruits you pick, as they're needed to give to the farmers to look after other items. Come back a day later, and repeat.

Doing this will make you spend roughly 10-15 minutes on farming per DAY. It is the most laid back simple skill, requiring NO attention whatsover. Those people who complain about it are ignorant fools who truely believe they must sit at a vegetable patch all day and alch.

Thank you, I couldn't have worded that better myself. IMO farming is the easiest skill out there, if you use Miscellenia to get tree seeds that is. I hardly spend any time on farming and still my level is 85. Every time I log in I harvest and plant all 4 herb and flower patches, fruit tree patches and normal tree patches. Then I go do something else, like a slayer assignment and an hour and a half later I go back to my herbs. Simple as that.

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

Haven't played RuneScape since 12 january 2007 and it feels great :)

I just love farming!!! It's a great fire and forget skill ... no mindnumbing training for hours ... just plant something whenever you are in the vicinity of a plot, and continue whatever else you were doing.

Admittedly, it's not as easy to powerlevel as some other skills, but I don't care about that anyway. There's plenty of monsters around dropping high level seeds, and Miscellania helps getting tree seeds. It only takes about 20 minutes a day to whizz around the world replanting the important plots, and it's a great source for getting herbs, especially Snapdragon and Torstol which are very hard to get in other ways. And I just love to have my very own magics to cut .... no competition!!! And those tuna taters are pretty nice too!

lysi2nr.jpg

I will get that little Phoenix chick!!!!!