Do you believe in God?

Kryptix

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, maybe if he gave us a sign that he exsisted other then a book that could be written by anyone, i'd believe it.

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï(ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâú_o)/ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï

doomdeathyz5.gif

I believe in Jesus and I'm unsure about God.

isnt jesus the son of god though :S

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Some believe Jesus was just a man ;).

summerpngwy6.jpg

Ever read "The DiVinci Code" its book. Very good book. Its fiction but it tells an alternative part of religeon. What the bible hid from people.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Nah, I don't believe in God... I said it to a teacher once and he believed I just said it to be cool, then I laughed at him by saying he's too conservative because he really believes in that stereotype. I eamn, I never believed in God, and I will never do it...

Ever read "The DiVinci Code" its book. Very good book. Its fiction but it tells an alternative part of religeon. What the bible hid from people.

Like you said, it's fiction. It doesn't reveal a 'secret' part of Christianity, it's a novel based on myths and legends.

Punctuation.gif

"In so far as I am Man I am the chief of creatures. In so far as I am a man I am the chief of sinners." - G.K. Chesterton

Well. I think Jesus had something wierd in his corpse that allowed him to purify or something.

Sounds interesting... Who wrote it?

signaturebq4.jpg

Member of #darkwebz.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

This is a matter of faith, you cannot reason against faith. Therefore this topic should be closed.

nice point

i dont believe in god, because if he exists that tells me i have no controle over my own life, and i dont like the idea of someone else making me do things. I believe i have my own choice in everything i do..

i do however believe in human stupidity and cheese doodles

no i wouldnt :P

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

are we not a bit off subject here?

:roll:

god(s) are the "reasoning" many people put behind things they can not explane

One of the old guard of RS.

RS birthday = Feb - 27 - 2002

Proud member of the original forum.

are we not a bit off subject here?

:roll:

god(s) are the "reasoning" many people put behind things they can not explane

Wow...i figured you would have used your time off to learn to spell. :roll:

I believe there was a god at one time. Wether it really exists? That I am undecided on.

I, personally, don't believe in "God;" there's no one I pray to for guidance, clarity, or help when things are wrong, or even when things are so right that I can't comprehend them. I believe in possibility. That's not to say I never read The Bible or other religious texts; to be quite frank, to shun things that have influenced people and their way of life for centuries is to admit that you conciously make no effort to understand that aspect of their life.

As for trying to prove or disprove God's existence... well, the whole point is that it's futile; faith is the absence of being able to prove or disprove something and believing in it anyhow, it's the gut feeling that you simply cannot explain and cannot fake. Either you truly believe something, or you don't; this doesn't mean you never question things, it's only healthy to question them and continue to question them and try to explain them in some manner, to not do so would be to give up one of the most powerful tools available to people. Anyhow, if you try to disprove or prove God's existence, you're missing the entire point of faith to begin with; so, let's not.

I don't believe in god. And i'm pretty sure that after let's say thousand years word "god" is only used when talking about history or mythologies.

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.

I do not believe in any god, I believe in the science.

In my opinion gods have always been made up to somewhat "explain" things we can't explain.

A good example of this is the viking god Thor - the god of the thunder. A perfect example that shows people make up gods to explain things they can't explain yet. Later on we could scientifically explain why thunder happens - and there's no god needed to make it happen.

I do not believe in any god, I believe in the science.
Science does need something "greater" then what is possible according to science in order to support it's existence.

Let's go back in time. Back all the way to the beginning!

*booooooooom!!!!*

the big-bang!

What caused the big bang?

an imploding universe?

What caused this imploding universe?

What caused that?

It's an endless line of cause and effect. This would mean that there is no beginning. Something without a beginning?

Doesn't that sound as something not from this world as something that is impossible? Or was there a beginning that had no cause?

I'd say something without a beginning or cause is definately supernatural.

There is No way to describe t=0 without the description being supernatural. It can't be explained by science because there can be no causality at t=0.

The funny thing is that we can never know what t=0 really is. How can we know of something that we cannot understand with normal logic whether it really is the beginning or something that happened after the beginning??

this supernatural beginning could be the christian god or whatever you want it to be, if you believe that bush created everything then I got no way to prove that you're wrong.

For me that means that I respect all different faiths as long as they do not claim to be the one and only true religion.

What I believe in is pretty much Spinoza's pantheÃÆÃâÃâïsm with as "super natural beginning" the formation of laws of nature. But well like I said I can't really know :P

btw: the da vinci code is a GREAT book I can recommend it to everyone. the bernini mysterie written by the same person is also a great book

vvvsig.gif