What Grinds Your Gears?

wakka102

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Person i havent talked to in billion years and never really talked to much: "Hey its my birthday. My friend is getting me rune legs what are you getting me?"

:-s

same person: I got hacked, can i borrow like 3 mils

:|

oh and people who pee their pants over people who may not be the perfect example of being "honorable" by saying "omg its just a gaame, pix3l huggin noob! quit life omg" when they are the ones crying about invisable rules that dont exist. Lay off....they are just havin fun =;

Doesn't really make me mad but it's funny when you go onto a f2p world or are on a pure or something and you see the level 20s and 40s calling everybody noobs left and right... it makes me crack up inside.

A conversation I overheard the other day:

Some kid: Wanna buy wine of zamoraq (learn to spell)

other kid: Lol noob stuff

some kide: You prolly cant aford it noob

other kid: I have like 200 of them in bank and 5 mill

Both of these guys were under level 30... I was laughing forever.

What do people in runescape do that grinds your gears the most? (makes you angry/frustrated)

The thing that grinds my gears is when I'm busy doing something, and someone pm's me, I dont respond due to the fact that I am busy and they start spamming up my private chat screen with "?????????????????????" "HEEEEEEELLLLOOOOOO!?!?!"... If I dont respond it means I can't for some reason :x :x

thats my 2 cents, whats yours?

that but also in public too....then they say " probably macroing huh?"....then i get angry and say " no...just dont wanna talk to u"....hate that lol

"Eater noob"

Eater noob...can't say I've heard that one. I actually laughed though when I read it.

Though I'm not a pker, I believe he's referring to people commenting on his "safe eating"- eating before 10 hp and thus making it at least somewhat difficult for that coward you're facing to beat you.

No it's from fight pits :P

Ah lol, I have heard it then.

I see, I didn't wait three minutes for a game to be instantly attacked by a team of five people. I'm gonna eat. <.<

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

"selling drag bones

selling drag bones

selling drag bones

selling drag bones

selling drag bones

selling drag bones

selling drag bones

selling drag bones

selling drag bones"

Its quite obvious none of the THREE people in this bank want your bones, try somewhere else.

Yes that really is annoying. It even happens when your the only one in the bank, yet they then go to trade you and trade you.

permanantley muted for offensive language! pwnd some noobs though XD

There are three particular things that really Grind My Gears. They are mostly types of people and what they do...

The first is those people that call you by combat level as opposed to the name. How ignorant are htese people? "Hmm... he has a username... Hey! Hey 100, you buying ---?"

Second, peddlers. Your minding your own business, selling nats in Edge and some little fella walks up...

--------- wishes to trade with you.

So, you trade and they pop up a dragon long. "You buy? 120k! you buy? 120k!"

Thirdly, have you ever noticed when using the official forums it seems no one can read? The title woould read "Buying 10k Natures 300ea" The first post by someone other than the topic athor goes something like, "I'll buy 4k 300ea." Or, the people that seem to disregard any price set by the author. Take the example I've provided with you from earlier today. This stuff drives me mad.

This is an exerpt from my thread I created today selling rune essence. This is the first post where I statet my rules etc., the guys response (the response was on the second page), and theresponse was followed up with the appropriate response (in my view anyway. ::' ).

grindmygearsqd7.png

and that's what really Grind My Gears.

Slack_Tide.png

The most anoying:

-some people tend to ask before they play. If you cannot figure something out, it is ok to ask, but please do not ask before you have given it a go.

Also I get anoyed by the noobs who keep asking how to make money with X skill and B skill, which every time ends up in merchanting and that ends up with even more questions about what to merchant, which ends up in repeative behaviour of merchant this and that, which in the end doesn't work and we all get anoyed.. :-s #-o

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

What makes me grid my teeth:

- Being followed for ANY reason by someone who isn't on my friends list.

- 'Do emoe!' (there are 6 people inside the guild who are wearing a cape, please specify whose 'emoe' you want to see) 'Emote!' '126 emote' 'Do emote'

- 'Two item bank sale, no noobs !' (20 times over, flooding the chat)

*recieves trade request* 'wanna buy this?'

uhm, no, had I been interested I would for sure have sent a request in between those 20 lines of chat.

- Being called by my level instead of my game-name. This seems to start when you're around level 100 or so.

- 'Dutch, telle me to Trollheim' 'I can't because there is no such spell' 'Telle me to Trollheim!' 'There is no telle-other to Trollheim spell!' 'Yes there is, noob'

- 'I need cash' 'I need cash plz' You don't NEED cash, you WANT cash, big difference.

DutchDreams.png

the words noob, nub, n33b, n00b, and any other variation of the word. its so pointless and usually comes from people being jealous.

decedenthope.png

Killed Hobgoblin Champion: 1/28/07

The economy is run by 13 year olds. Inflation hits when their girlfriends dump them. Besides, in any normal economy an influx of new items is a good shot in the arm.

It annoys me when someone calls me "Saturn" "santus" Satus" satuos"

Why cant people call me Saturos instead or Saturos Oni that's my username not saturn.

It annoys me freaking hard.

Another thing that annoys me when the noobs i know irl asks me for money and i say no, then they spam my chat screen with something like "plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" or "plzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplz" and something like that.

And people 40+ lvls lower than me and has a total around 200 calling me noob for no reason. I remember when i was using full rune and a db axe when i was around lvl 70, then suddenly a noob lvl 50 came and calling me noob for no reason......... (He said he had all phats and had 100m in bank, he used full bronze....)

Pures that think they own everyone also annoys me.

People trading with me when im selling something, showing off bronze stuff, thread, goblin armour etc.

Customer Support. (My friend got innocently banned for macroing, and he dont know how to use a bot either....)Why must jagex ban people without enough evidence?

It's loads of things that annoys me too but i dont want to say all.

What grinds my gears? When people clearly can see I training yet come up and try to buy off all my gear.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

- Being called by my level instead of my game-name. This seems to start when you're around level 100 or so.

As soon as your name appears red to the person who is in need of your lvl 112 magic for a teleother Varrock it starts.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

isnt that from like family guy

but when u get pked and they wont let u buy ur stuff back

i offered 20k to buy my lucky black square and he said now and lowalched it

your lucky black square didn't give you too much luck if you just died to that noob xD

Anyways what bothers me most are people drawing conclusions on things they know nothing about, thinking they know it all.

The ignorant masses of runescape. They can't read an update page, they just log in, see something they like (reindeer mask) and spam the poor person with questions. READ THE UPDATES IDIOTS.

People that try to sell me a halloween costume for 20000k. I trade to see what he has, he puts nothing up. I say thats what I thought, its not tradeable. "Give me the money and i swear I drop" :wall: :wall:

"I have level 115 main, he will come kill you" Firstly, no you dont. Secondly, I wont go in wild. "i know trick, i kill you right here" Sure ya do. I'll just get my non-exisant pet iguana to protect me from you :wall: :wall: -.-

35b9enp.jpg

I thought of some more. When you get into an argument with some noob and they go "0mg my lvl 130 Main could kill you!!!! N00b!!". First of all, if you're going to lie, at least do it right. The max combat is 126. Secondly, don't lie.

Also, when people try to sell me random products. Somebody comes up to me and goes "Give Rune Legs for your bottoms", which are Wizzy (t) robes. I say no. Two minutes later, same person, "Sell you Rune Legs". I say I don't want. Then he starts following me saying "Selling Rune Legs" over and over. Amazing..... <.<

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

When a random guy say bank sale and everybody magically run and angels comes from heavens in a celestial chorus for say at least a simply "Nty". But when i try to sell my wares no one trade me even if i say random propaganda like: "Darkluniux's antiques, nice and very good wares", "Come and see my bank sale.. ..OF DOOM!", etc... Then a random guy trade me and magically run or a random event takes him if he was interested in something...

firmatemplariokz5.jpg

http://darkluniux.blogspot.com

Behold my blog! Thou shalt visit it and rejoice!

What grinds my gears is the entire trading system in RS. I make most of my money selling Potions in World 2. Here's the things that bother me the most:

No matter how many types of Potions I have to sell, I can only advertise one at a time because there is no way to chat with the intended buyer in a crowded area.

When someone offers to trade with me, the other person puts up an amount that is not divisible by the amount that I am selling. At this point my only option is to decline the trade.

The other day someone was offering Rannar seeds for 15K each. I offer to trade, he throws up 15 Rannar seeds, I throw up 225K and we both hit Accept. Sure enough on the second screen, he is now selling me 15 Toadflax seeds. So I start writing his name down to report him, but its just a bunch of random, similar looking letters and numbers and he declines before I can finish writing his name down. And of course at that point I was only left with the meaningless "The other player has declined" message.

When I first got my Santa hat, I was so proud that I wore it to sell Potions. Of course someone immediately stood on top of me and said "Giving away my Santa - Berrakus". Of course I had to leave the area because of the flood of trade requests.

When someone says "Buying X Potion - 5K ea" and I click on them and there are about 20 people on that spot. So I stand next to them, repeatedly saying "Sell X Potion - 5K each - Berrakus", and they do nothing.

I'm sure there are more, but those are the main ones I can think of.

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done

What do people in runescape do that grinds your gears the most? (makes you angry/frustrated)

The thing that grinds my gears is when I'm busy doing something, and someone pm's me, I dont respond due to the fact that I am busy and they start spamming up my private chat screen with "?????????????????????" "HEEEEEEELLLLOOOOOO!?!?!"... If I dont respond it means I can't for some reason :x :x

thats my 2 cents, whats yours?

r u really fat? seriusly? if u are no problem me the pic looks like my cuzon

tanmranger,oddyss3us222.gif

oddyss3us222.gif max hit with d scimm=28 : )