Not allowed to talk about other games?

Decedenthope

I got temp. muted for talking about World of Warcraft and Dark Age Of Camelot...am I the only one who finds that we aren't allowed to talk about anything else besides runescape unfair? just by mentioning another game we can get temp. muted...

Also, it took them 2 minutes to look at my appeal and deny it, although i showed evidence that i was not advertising...

decedenthope.png

Killed Hobgoblin Champion: 1/28/07

The economy is run by 13 year olds. Inflation hits when their girlfriends dump them. Besides, in any normal economy an influx of new items is a good shot in the arm.

no i talk about anything and it doesn't matter. Show us log of what you said maybe we can tell you why you are banned. Otherwise you may have said some offensive stuff which other people reported you for because they were offended. I.E wow owns rs. Only nerds play rs etc.

I think it depends on the mod...personally i've talked about other games in front of mods before and they didn't really care...on the downside i've also been muted too for talking about other games...so i think it depends on how the mod is, either strick with rules or semi apathetic

Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

Well, that is wierd, as i talk about other games alot, but i haven't gotten muted or anything, or even gotten a warning =/

Thats odd... :?

[/url]">i_had_a_deal.png
[4Th in Finland to achieve 99 mining. 3Rd of June 2007]

Pixels make me horny.

Is this not a bit obvious? Runescape is an online game, when you talk about other games, some people will go and try that game, meaning Jagex loses that member.

sig5235ro7.jpg

They are considered "rival MMORPGs," which is why you got nabbed for it. You can advertise freely about games like on a Playstation or something, they just don't want you talking about games like WOW or Everquest.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

They can't find out unless someone around you reports you.

Therefore, only talk about such things when training with trusted friends or whatnot.

But yeah...it's a rather dumb rule, I'd have to agree.

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

bad luck about that but it could be insighting others to try it out then find its better than runescape and personally i think it looks a billion times better than runescape but i have friends here and it s alot cheaper than WoW

wendigo66.jpeg

click my sig for my blog!!!

Thanks everyone for the sigs they pwn!

No. Why should i give presents for someone in rs?

Most selfish thing I've ever heard

thats a bummer yes...but thats also jagex's "business" your messing with in a sence saying that kinda stuff lol

if u must talk about them only do it with good friends...

of if u must talk about it so much then y dont ya go play it *jk* :lol:

anyways ya thats a dumb rule if ya ask me but theres not all that much you can do about it now is there? #-o

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

Jagex just doesent like the competion. :P

Exactly, and this is the stupidest rule EVAR. :evil:

Agreed

There is no rule for playing other mmorpg's other than runescape, they dont restrict you from talking about other games either and which rule do you mean if he wasn't advertising any websites?

----Retired Runescape Player 1/13/07-----

They are considered "rival MMORPGs," which is why you got nabbed for it. You can advertise freely about games like on a Playstation or something, they just don't want you talking about games like WOW or Everquest.

I dont think anyone plays EQ anymore, WoW pretty much owned it

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned.