Eating meat - right or wrong?

issy2

Title seems pretty self-explanatory. Personally I'm a vegetarian and I have been for many years. There are several reasons for this. The first one is, that whenever I'm eating meat, it makes me feel completely sickened to think that it is the flesh of another living animal sliding down my throat. Icky icky... I hate the taste of meat, but I also think it's wrong to kill animals just for the sake of it when I can survive perfectly well on other foods.

Religious views are NOT welcome on this thread. I want to know what you think. Is eating animals right or wrong?

Edit - No Pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: It's not funny, grow up.

I'll start off with a few facts. A fact is something that remains constantly true despite varying opinions.

The first is that you do not need to eat meat to be a healthy person. I have a friend (his username is Magictheo) who hasn't eat meat since he was five. He is a perfectly healthy boy and is taller than me and I'm guessing quite strong. He eats protein alternatives such as nuts, milk, and cheese, all of which provide protein found in meat.

The second (the following table) was found on Wikipedia and shows that there are several kinds of vegetarian. So really you cannot saw that 'vegetarians eat fish' or not, because it depends.

Terminology and varieties of vegetarianism

There are many different practices of vegetarianism. The following table lists the diet's name along with the food that the diet permits.

Diet Name...................... Meat.....Eggs......Dairy

Lacto-ovo vegetarianism ..No........Yes.......Yes

Lacto vegetarianism .........No .......No .......Yes

Ovo vegetarianism...........No ........Yes ......No

Veganism................... .....No ........No .......No

The third is that there is a huuuge difference between a vegetarian and a vegan. *points to above table*

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That they overrate themself 'Omfg save the animals'. Good for you if you only eat vegetables, but I wouldn't survive a day without meat. I'd rather commit suicide than not eating delicious fat juicy meat. *No offence*

+ Only eating vegetables isn't healthy. There are some things that are in meat only.

That they overrate themself '[omg] save the animals'. Good for you if you only eat vegetables, but I wouldn't survive a day without meat. I'd rather commit suicide than not eating delicious fat juicy meat. *No offence*

None taken. I'm interested in what everyone else thinks.

+ Only eating vegetables isn't healthy. There are some things that are in meat only.

Untrue. You can fill up on eggs, milk, and nuts, which all contain protein.

Hum, now I read my own quote. What a lame answer I gave :( . Nontheless I'm sticking to meat. Why and when did you started?

Why is in my first post. When, hm. I was a vegetarian when I was about 7 for a year or two, then I started again about six months/ayear ago

protein isn't the only thing in meat. And vitamin supliments just don't do it - right.

Like they'll do it, but I prefer a meal to popping pills to catch up on what I don't get during the day.

Honestly, if you don't show off screaming "stop eating meat, you murderer", and all that hippy bull, you're fine with me.

Honestly, who's the crueler? The butcher who humanely drives a nail through the bull's skull, or the farmer whos tractor wipes out any rodent colonies, destroys countless lives and doesn't even use the bodies?

On the flip side, it's been proven that women are probably better mothers

Yes I have balls, but they melted.

Honestly, if you don't show off screaming "stop eating meat, you murderer", and all that hippy bull, you're fine with me.

No I don't lol.

Honestly, who's the crueler? The butcher who humanely drives a nail through the bull's skull, or the farmer whos tractor wipes out any rodent colonies, destroys countless lives and doesn't even use the bodies?

Actually... the vast, vast majority of farmers breed cattlefor the sake of being killed. Just imagine, for a second, if no-one ate meat. The farmers would stop breeding the cattle, because there would be no profit.

they decompose and supply nutrients to the plants that issy eats.

The circle of life is complete ::'

That they overrate themself '[omg] save the animals'. Good for you if you only eat vegetables, but I wouldn't survive a day without meat. I'd rather commit suicide than not eating delicious fat juicy meat. *No offence*

"But eggs are chicken abortions! and when cows are milked they like have these machines that suck the milk out of them all day every day until they die!" something i heard from someone... yep its all true :roll:

...off-topic at eb games today somone asked where they could buy runescape.. i tryed to hide my laughter but i couldnt :XD:

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

My new site. [bETA]

"But eggs are chicken abortions! and when cows are milked they like have these machines that suck the milk out of them all day every day until they die!" something i heard from someone... yep its all true :roll:

...off-topic at eb games today somone asked where they could buy runescape.. i tryed to hide my laughter but i couldnt :XD:

What's so funny...? :-s

I've read other arguments about this topic. Animals are here to serve humans, what's the point of them? They take in oxygen that we need to breathe, but we're not any better, for example burger king, I think they cut down trees of the amazon rainforest to make room for their cows, amazon rainforest supplies us oxygen.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

what;s the difference between eating eggs and eating chickens? you basically kill a chicken either way

Please, no pics.

Secondly, you don't kill a chicken by taking an egg. If you cook it before it starts to develop, it feels no pain. I also only eat free-range eggs and milk.

I think right now they're fine. But if it grew larger, than it would run farmers and breeders and slaughters' out of business. And the animal population would grow too big, and there would be widespread disease through animals, kind of like Mad Cow, or the Bird Flu.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

Secondly, you don't kill a chicken by taking an egg. If you cook it before it starts to develop, it feels no pain. I also only eat free-range eggs and milk.

Isn't that pretty much the same as saying an abortion isn't killing because the baby doesn't really feel it and isn't fully developed yet?

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Isn't that pretty much the same as saying an abortion isn't killing because the baby doesn't really feel it and isn't fully developed yet?

In a sense but let's not turn this into a debate about abortion.

On topic:

I'm not a big vegetable fan. I'll eat some but not most. I'd rather fill up on a big cheeseburger or a juicy steak.

=P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~

Yeah, nice job on quoting hueg pictures.

Yeah, but not the same types of protein.

Personally i'm fine with vegetarians as far as they don't try to make me realise it. If someone wants to only eat vegetables, that's fine - but don't go up to all the non-vegetarians and have a go at them about murdering animals and attempting to make them feel bad about it.

knkcopy.jpg

what;s the difference between eating eggs and eating chickens? you basically kill a chicken either way

Yum yum

Mmmmmm *licks lips* That ham looks pretty inviting....

No need to quote all those images again. Love, Anesthesia.

122 Combat : 99 Hits : 99 Attack : 99 Strength

97/99 Defence : 99 Fletching : 99 Woodcutting

A chicken is a live, living thing, correct? If you kill it before it becomes sensitive, it's like destroying a non-living object.

You put the fail back into failing at life.

What's that supposed to mean?