Why do people hate Runescape?

wakka102

I do however, find myself a little imbarressed when I tell people that I play runescape. I can't really figure out why though...

I get the embarrassed feeling telling that I play Runescape as well. I think it's because they would make fun of you, bad social life, etc. But screw them I'm going home to play where my real friends are/

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Sometimes my dad stops by the computer and looks over my shoulder while I play. Usually he sees me killing the Dagganoth Brothas, as that's what I usually do in game. I'm taking down Rex and running across the room slaughtering Supreme and running to the Northeast corner to mix it up and kill Prime a few times. Guess what? Throughout all of this, I am always embarressed as my dad watches me do it. Even at the Dagganoth Kings, arguably the toughest mons in the game, I'm embarressed to have my dad watch me play.

I've never played WoW, barely know anything about it or what it even looks like, so I can't say it's better. What I can say though is that I bet many of you would be ashamed to tell your friends and others that you play Runescape. If not, please say so.

I will also dare all of you to tell your close friends and family what you do in game. Feel free to tell them you're farming on the computer, or sitting in a bank for hours clicking on the same dang bow. No, seriously. If you can't tell them exactly what you do in this game, if you're too embarresed to say, then you probably shouldn't even be playing. Of course, if it's an addiction, kill it :shock: !

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

runescape probably wouldent have such a bad rap if they didnt have that HORRIBLE tutorial. <.<

i made my pure and almost quit because it was so annoying just getting through the tutorial, remove that and runescape would become a lot more popular i think.

when i first started play runescape classic i though the graphics were amazing, but i've never even owned a gameboy so i couldent really judge ::'

i've never really figured out whats so good about WoW, i've played a couple of times at a freinds place and figured out its completely boring, all you do is fight, which does nothing at all.

seriously, if jagex got rid of that awfull tutorial maybe then people would start to come around!

"now you put the shrimp into the fire, this wil buuurrrnn it, can you say burn?"

nudist hippy vegan elves who inexplicably wear leather.

I would say because of the graphics. Many of my friends at school detest Runescape because the graphics are not top notch. They seem to be shallow beyond reason. Im assuming it is common with other people as well.

camsiggycopy.gif

~2431~

I do however, find myself a little imbarressed when I tell people that I play runescape. I can't really figure out why though...

it's coz people judge runescape by it's graphics :roll: when there's more to a game than graphics and cliches such as "blowing things to smitherings with guns" and all those same type of games.

i find myself laughing when people say runescape has bad graphics, because i find that runescape has fine graphics personally, and i find cliche games such as WOW and Guild Wars (guild wars i have, it's too easy to level up lol) yes they have awesome graphics, but it doesn't have the WOW factor, i don't know what it is about runescape, it's kept me entertained for the last 5 years, and the fact i still haven't got everything 99, makes me keep playing

i think the people that judge runescape by it's graphics are, in my opinion, morons, as they haven't given it a chance. also the members version makes it sooo much more fun, seriously, if i had to revert back to non members, i would never play rs again, mainly because it has only 1/100th or woteva of members, so i could understand why people wouldn't want to play it being as they're in the free 2 play version

2vuhgcn.png

i guess i see what you mean. I cant personally see a draw to WoW. I have played wow, twice, and I could write a huge list of things i didnt like/that runescape has better.

my conclusion:

if you like graphics/pvp play WoW

if you like gameplay/depth to your gaming experience play runescape

I agree i've played WoW a few times i mean the game overall isn't bad but its hard to keep me hooked.. it doesn't really seem like i am playing for anything.... I'd prefer RS over WoW anyday...

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

I love WoW. I've never played it, but it's making me 5mil RS Cash :mrgreen: . My friend irl is switching from RS to WoW, and giving me all his stuff.

WoW is too complicated for me. I like simple games.

~~Let The Dragon ride again, on the winds of time~~

dragonrebornkr1.jpg

I've always felt as if I'm the only person who can understand the concept of sarcasm on the internet.

People from WoW think it's bad because of graphics. They do not relize, however, that if RuneScape had better graphics, we'd have to download it. They don't look beyond the graphics and see that RuneScape is a very well put together game. They only care about that one thing: Graphics.

we were given this privledge to get easy exp, everything has a cost.

Ugh...I hate people who say that rs sucks...they probably said that cause they messed up their camera styles and got lost in lumby in the first five minutes... or they "found" their way to a pking party by their "friend"....

Also, they say that you have to pay to get anything in rs. Not true. I am a member, but i had a lot of fun as f2p, which is why I bought members.

locke.jpg

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

Final Fantasy

i guess i see what you mean. I cant personally see a draw to WoW. I have played wow, twice, and I could write a huge list of things i didnt like/that runescape has better.

my conclusion:

if you like graphics/pvp play WoW

if you like gameplay/depth to your gaming experience play runescape

I get the embarrassed feeling telling that I play Runescape as well. I think it's because they would make fun of you, bad social life, etc. But screw them I'm going home to play where my real friends are/

i feel the same way :-k

RS is simple wow.... its wow pain in the butt to play u gotta pick a class then a scool then and allience i was like wtf?? it was so [developmentally delayed]ed and rs is cheaper and at the end funner to play. a goal feels like an accomplishment. my lil brother use to play wow and he said u lv up like everytime u make an item that is so stupid.

gorillabones.png

Barrow Items: 45 (3 Guthan Spears)(12/25/06)(1/1/07)(04/07/07)

Proud Owner Of Quest Cape SINCE the day it came out

Got Visage July 31, 2007

Visage #2 August 4th, 2008

AFTER ONE HOUR of googeling i'v came to the conclusion that there is no game called real life :evil:

i play games on my graphing calculator =[

Mario?

Uncleworm?

phxz,shadowphz??

^classics right there...

yeah I agree with that one guy, the rs tut. is a huge downfall to the game, they should have videos on the rs site showing clans battle, or dk slaying or something as wow, or even silkroad does...

In almost complete retirement.

goodbye0vx.png

I am a bit ashamed of it, due to the image of the stereotypical video game player, which I do not fit even the slightest bit.
Not living up to your stereotype, eh? Well, obviously this makes you a noob. :P

Noes :oops:

Yeah most of the posts here I agree with.

But also, the reason runescape has a nice community is because all the horrible selfish hackers think "bad graphics, C*** game". But the nice people who bother to try out the game stay with it. But there are a few who know the potential of runescape, like macroers who sell runescape millions on ebay for real life money.

~MAK

I played WoW for about a week... Then went straight back to runescape. It's just overrated...

Same here. It is like inflation, the stats are HUGE. I can get the same done in rs with 60 hitpoints as I can with 580 hitpoints in WoW or Hellbreath. I mean, lvl 60 limit? I lvled him to 39 in one day. And then what? Waiting to find a clan and wait till there ready and try to follow them into battle and all that jazz? Hell no. I ain't much into combat anyways. I love all the skills in runescape. And after 5 years with my Heymrdj character, with a one year hiatus, he's still just reached lvl 73 2 days ago. And I think if somehow I max this character out before rs dies, I'm gonna make him a lil bro. A fighter, staker. He's gonna have 70 defence, before any other skill gets trained on. and He's gonna be a ranger/mage. Since 4 years ago in rs1 I've always wanted to make a character like that, so I think i soon will.

But thats the difference. So many years with this one character, and I;m still not bored. And when I'm done with this one...well I already got plans laid out for another one.

heymrdj.gif

Heymrdj.png

Heymrdj.png

Lunar Mage at 65 mage, 71 combat. Proud to be a Lunar.

I played WoW for about a week... Then went straight back to runescape. It's just overrated...

Same here. It is like inflation, the stats are HUGE. I can get the same done in rs with 60 hitpoints as I can with 580 hitpoints in WoW or Hellbreath. I mean, lvl 60 limit? I lvled him to 39 in one day. And then what? Waiting to find a clan and wait till there ready and try to follow them into battle and all that jazz? Hell no. I ain't much into combat anyways. I love all the skills in runescape. And after 5 years with my Heymrdj character, with a one year hiatus, he's still just reached lvl 73 2 days ago. And I think if somehow I max this character out before rs dies, I'm gonna make him a lil bro. A fighter, staker. He's gonna have 70 defence, before any other skill gets trained on. and He's gonna be a ranger/mage. Since 4 years ago in rs1 I've always wanted to make a character like that, so I think i soon will.

But thats the difference. So many years with this one character, and I;m still not bored. And when I'm done with this one...well I already got plans laid out for another one.

Leveled to lvl 39 in one day eh? Got no life? Played for 24 hours? Considering I started a new character on a newer server not too long ago and the highest person was level 45 and the server was only 3-4 days old. I seriously doubt you could get 39 in ONE day.

shaunri33sigpsd9vq.png

If you have any questions about World of Warcraft or you need an explanation about something, please feel free to pm me.

Leveled to lvl 39 in one day eh? Got no life? Played for 24 hours? Considering I started a new character on a newer server not too long ago and the highest person was level 45 and the server was only 3-4 days old. I seriously doubt you could get 39 in ONE day.

Actually yes I played a 19 hour benge. It was my 3 days off and thats how I chose to spend one of them.

heymrdj.gif

Heymrdj.png

Heymrdj.png

Lunar Mage at 65 mage, 71 combat. Proud to be a Lunar.