Why do people hate Runescape?

wakka102

i guess i see what you mean. I cant personally see a draw to WoW. I have played wow, twice, and I could write a huge list of things i didnt like/that runescape has better.

my conclusion:

if you like graphics/pvp play WoW

if you like gameplay/depth to your gaming experience play runescape

I do however, find myself a little imbarressed when I tell people that I play runescape. I can't really figure out why though...

IMO people dislike or hate or have so much w.e. they have towards rs that they must post it wherever they can is because of graphics, the in-depth quality, the commitment.

Graphics:

When someone compares WoW to Rs, someones defiantly gonna say omg, runescape sucks, WoW owns it!, when they have no idea what the game is like and what it offers you, they judge it by its cover. This is pretty much like todays society, you judge someone on their appearence and not their qualities, for instance theres a smug looking character then there's a model(different gender for the genders), the model looks hot or sexy, while the smug character looks like he's gonna kill you, so if you were having to decide between two paths, you'd probably go for the model, but the model is evil and will actually kill you, while the smug person is caring, and wouldn't hurt a fly, and is rich=$.....

In-depth quality

Runescape allows you and always allows you to have many different sets or have no set goals at all, you do not have to start from lvl 1 then when you beta level 1 you go to level 2 and then so on till you get to last level and boom you beat the game. Runescape there's always something to do wether or not you've done everything, you cna always pk, mini-games, hang with friends, help people, and so on, this is because rs is interactive with yourself, and other people, it allows co-operation and solo game play, this allows a sense of freedom altogether and this is why runescape is unlike other online games, your not set on a path that you will continue to go on till you get to the end and win, your on a path thats sqiggly and everything not straight and you can never win, even know we know this we persist on playing.

Commitment

Face it, the generations of 1990s+(give or take a few years) are the most laziest teenagers or kids or immature little brats ever! Those who play runescape are well commited to it and show it when they have one stat above 70 or have multiple and alot of stats above 60, and have a combat of 60+. Those that play runescape imo do good in school and have a better outlook on life, for they commit themselves and commiting yourself to a game takes genes. In runescape yes you can be lazy in runescape but you have to be commited to be lazy in runescape, no matter what your doing in runescape your always progressing. runescape takes time effort, patience and commitment. Other games you cna beat in 1 or 2 days if your really into it, and there's hardly any that are interactive.

when commitment of WoW is compared to Runescape, runescape is easily very very highly won over commitment of WoW.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only guess is because the f2p community is really saturated with 8-13 year olds who are unleashing their inner monster through a new outlet they've never had before. And really, nobody wants to deal with them.

Wow is good because

-Good community

-Alot harder and you need groups to do alot of things

-Hard bosses

-Auction House <3:

-Emotes and things of that sort

-like 700+ different weapons and 700+ different armor and they are enchantable

-Classes and Races <3:

Runescape

-Free and Cheap for members

-Alot of skills

- <.< ...i dont know any others

Also for the people that complain about the PvP, i laugh at you because most likely you never played. Things are soulbounded so if you lose your items its pointless cuz no one gets your items and you dont get it back..[developmentally delayed]ed yes it is. Also WoW is $15 a month and $20 for the game. $200 for the first year, sweet cuz you get unlimited amount of people :)

siggd7.jpg

Wow is good because

-Good community

-Alot harder and you need groups to do alot of things

-Hard bosses

-Auction House <3:

-Emotes and things of that sort

-like 700+ different weapons and 700+ different armor and they are enchantable

-Classes and Races <3:

Runescape

-Free and Cheap for members

-Alot of skills

- <.< ...i dont know any others

Also for the people that complain about the PvP, i laugh at you because most likely you never played. Things are soulbounded so if you lose your items its pointless cuz no one gets your items and you dont get it back..[developmentally delayed] yes it is. Also WoW is $15 a month and $20 for the game. $200 for the first year, sweet cuz you get unlimited amount of people :)

See, thats the sort of thing I get alot. I have infact played WoW and I did not like it at all. Almost every aspect of rs was better then WoW in my perspective. The only things WoW had better was PvP and graphics. I guess it was inevitable. Here is my list of things that I found rs has better:

1.) More skills (were are all the WoW skills? You get 2 per character and they hardly effect anything. Combat in rs is only a very small part of it)

2.) Quests (the quests in WoW, especially at the lower levels, are dull, repetative, and uninventive. They are basically "go kill the bandit king!" "go kill 5 wolves! nice job! now go kill 6 more!")

3.) The World is Too Big (Yes, it is waaay to big for its worth. I found myself lost on many occations, not knowing were to go or what to do. The interface had so many button and hotkeys that I found it hard to locate my map :lol: )

4.) Its all Combat! (the only game is combat based from what I can see. An average player can max out a character at level 60 fairly quick and once you get there, I couldn't see any point in going on. Accept for occational PvP game...I asked some of my school friends "what is there to do after you hit 60 combat?" they all answered with pretty much "PvP" other then that you just run through the same repetative dungeons, which is of course all combat based.

5.) Interface is hard to figure out (whoever said that WoW is "user friendly" must be on crack or something :shock: , I couldnt figure out how to do alot of things. It took me forever to send a pm to a friend from school. Theres buttons on the side, on the top, on the bottom, its just too overwhelming for my tast :( )

thats all I can think of at the moment, I'm sure there is more though.

So yea, I really see no draw to the game at all. Not sure why I bought it in the first place :-#

The community sucks.

If you think the RS community sucks, you need to go here: http://forum.tip.it/

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

I think it's because of the graphics, the many immature people, the childish aspect of the main page and game, etc.

Or it could just be because MMORPG's waste your time...

Losers...

Are you blind or ignoring me on purpose?

Even though I sometimes side with religious people in some debates, I no longer consider myself religious.

"Each realm is an exact copy of the game world with one exception: the player characters there are tied to that particular realm."

Well what can I do cuz my friend are scattered in diff realms? Play RS! :)

If dhide armours gave melee penalties in RS the combat system would be the best of all MMORPGs's I know (it is already). Triangle isn't working now with mages getting pwned.

loginmessagessiggy.png

It's really simple: Everything that is known and popular will have people hating it, same goes for Runescape. Some people will just make fun of it in an (pathetic) attempt to look different. So they'll blame anything from bad graphics to community. The majority of people who hate it have either never tried or played for 5 minutes and stopped. Who cares, just don't worry about it. Haters deserve to be hated. =;

The graphics and the beginning of the game turn off a lot of players. I know it did for me the first time I played. But as soon as I got adjusted to the gameplay, it became my favorite game. People just need to give Runescape a chance, instead of thinking it's "just another Java game with bad graphics".

If you want graphics and pvp, play WOW

too poor to play WOW play Knight Online

If you want a poonage society, depth, and fun...play runescape :D

i've tried all three...guess which one im still playing

only faults about runescape, bad customer service, f2p needs some serious work...in society and in gameplay

plaxer_x.png

wii_forum2.jpg

Click here to see my goals and achievements thread

People don't like runescape...yet. Give it time, once rs gets more popular people will be talking about rs all over the internet.
well thats the thing. It IS popular. Thats why people pay attention to it (negative attention). I read somewhere that it has almost the same paying member count as WoW does.

it has more

The community sucks.

If you think the RS community sucks, you need to go here: http://forum.tip.it/

Still not all that great; there's lots of flaming. Besides, you shouldn't have to SEARCH for decent people. If you have to do that, there's something wrong.

I've recently started playing World of Warcraft, and the people on there are great. After 3 days, I had made my way to Ironforge, and as I walked in, I see someone saying "Giving away free wand." "Knowing" that someone else would get it first, I spent around 15 minutes wandering around in search of a warlock trainer. After getting some new spells, I saw the same guy saying the same thing. So I ask him if my class could use them, and he gives it to me. Now there is no way this could happen on RuneScape. Any time anyone is giving free stuff away, there is always someone who trade him without thinking twice.

Now, don't misinterpret anything I said. When I say "the community," I mean generally. I'm not saying that everyone is like that.

yah, they look at the graphhics and say "omg! That game sucks! Look at how bad the graphics are!"

off topic:

damit! Im so tired of loosing freaking duels because of lag... Lost like 800k in profits cuz i lag, and try to spec, and run to the other side of the arena, where he slaughters me... jeez....

omg!!

there goes another 100k!!!

Thats 200k lost in 10 mins! And I only makelike 600k a day!!!!

i swear this lag makes me want to throw my computer out the window and then take a... you get the point...

i just so pissed

People don't like runescape...yet. Give it time, once rs gets more popular people will be talking about rs all over the internet.
well thats the thing. It IS popular. Thats why people pay attention to it (negative attention). I read somewhere that it has almost the same paying member count as WoW does.

7 million+ people play WoW, are u telling me that over 7 million people play p2p on runescape? Don't think so

shaunri33sigpsd9vq.png

If you have any questions about World of Warcraft or you need an explanation about something, please feel free to pm me.

RuneScape gets a bad rap mostly by the people who have NEVER played it! I admit it can be boring playing on f2p at low levels, but they jsut play for 10 minutes and say it stinks. I mean if i tell somone i play RuneScape they're like "Haha Scapey!", but if you play WoW that makes you a REAL man (or woman :) )

Even my friend who plays D'n'D calls me a Scapey and laughs at me.. I mean D'n'D is fun, but not THAT fun. And it has a rep for being played bey nerds :lol:

But yeah WoW has better graphics which draw in the same low-IQ people who bash runescape for having bad graphics.

know what'd be funny? if somehow runescape had good GOOD graphics for people playing in the first week they played (impossible i know, im just thinking) and then theyd be hooked onto the graphics and realize runescape is fine without it.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

Well considering this has turned into a WoW bashing topic I thought I would do some....defending. Reading some replies I have decided to....reply to those people bashing on WoW.

First of all:

Ok now the people posting on here saying they have played WoW and that Runescape is better, played Runescape for years, and played WoW for less than a week. In your first week of Runescape did you think it was spectacular? I think not. The first time I played Runescape I stopped but then came back a month later and started playing again cause I was bored. NO MMORPG is going to grasp you from the get go, yes some games do, but most games don't. I quite enjoyed playing WoW in the starting area, most of the people were friendly. This guy actually took aside a few hours of his time to help me do quests and such which would of took me much longer to complete if it was not for his help. The diversity of the "starting areas" is very interesting as well. Each area has a different feel, a different landscape to view. For example, the starting area (Durotar) for Orcs, Trolls is a desert like area with boars, scorpions, imps, etc. While the starting area for Undead (a dark gloomy forest plagued by death) has the "evil" undead, bats, spiders, zombies etc. In runescape, you get one area on a freakin island that you HAVE to complete to get into the main game -.-

Second of all:

Runescape has depth? Strategies? And WoW doesnt?

Are you freaking kidding me??? What the hell do you do on Runescape that takes strategies? Do you maybe minimize your screen while afk training and play different games? Oh no wait I forgot, you sit in edgeville creating bows from logs for hours on end getting your fletching level up. Tons of planning going on there, how long did it take you to come up with that strategy? On WoW end game (which infact Runescape has no end game, unless you consider Dagg Kings end game which level 80s can do, which is NOT end game material) you raid dungeons with multiple bosses that actually take planning and strategies to complete. If your strategie sucks or someone in the group doesnt follow the plan, you wipe and have to retry killing the boss. These bosses are very difficult. You have to plan in advance before going into the dungeons what classes you are going to bring. How much dps you want, how many healers you want, how many warriors you want, etc.

Thirdly:

I think I read something about storyline in one of the posts. Great storyline Runescape has, 3 gods and they fight with eachother. There followers go out and kill eachother, AWESOME. WoW has indepth stories, tales, everything about not only the playable races in WoW but the other races you cannot be. Not to mention the THOUSANDS of quests that WoW has that can discover more to the history of World of Warcraft. How many quests does jagex give Runescape players that are actually worth doing? Like 30? Awesome.

The ONLY thing that gives runescape the advantage over WoW is simply that it has a f2p version, which infact is [cabbage]ty compared to p2p because jagex put so much effort into making p2p better so you will eventually buy p2p and make them money. Yes for people who have bad out of date computers lag might be a issue, yet I lag more on Runscape than I do on WoW. How ironic? I am not even going to point out the community that Runescape has, and how it was destroyed by Miniclip advertising Runescape on their site *cough* seven year olds playing Runescape *cough*.

One last thing, my friend who plays RS and says RS > WoW based on how Jagex is better than Blizzard. Go message Jagex about a problem you have, I am almost certain you will get an auto message back saying the same stuff over and over again. And if you are f2p, they will advertise p2p to you (I have experienced this myself).......I will be coming back to see replies after I visit my dads house for the next few days. Anyone want to argue with me, go ahead, Ill most certainly have something to say.

By The Way:

Chuck Norris doesn't run away, he just attacks in the opposite direction.

shaunri33sigpsd9vq.png

If you have any questions about World of Warcraft or you need an explanation about something, please feel free to pm me.

I do however, find myself a little imbarressed when I tell people that I play runescape. I can't really figure out why though...

I get the embarrassed feeling telling that I play Runescape as well. I think it's because they would make fun of you, bad social life, etc. But screw them I'm going home to play where my real friends are/

+1

bleh3.PNG

Resident Tip.it Cow. :^_^:

[blog] [twitter]

Well considering this has turned into a WoW bashing topic I thought I would do some....defending. Reading some replies I have decided to....reply to those people bashing on WoW.

First of all:

Ok now the people posting on here saying they have played WoW and that Runescape is better, played Runescape for years, and played WoW for less than a week. In your first week of Runescape did you think it was spectacular? I think not. The first time I played Runescape I stopped but then came back a month later and started playing again cause I was bored. NO MMORPG is going to grasp you from the get go, yes some games do, but most games don't. I quite enjoyed playing WoW in the starting area, most of the people were friendly. This guy actually took aside a few hours of his time to help me do quests and such which would of took me much longer to complete if it was not for his help. The diversity of the "starting areas" is very interesting as well. Each area has a different feel, a different landscape to view. For example, the starting area (Durotar) for Orcs, Trolls is a desert like area with boars, scorpions, imps, etc. While the starting area for Undead (a dark gloomy forest plagued by death) has the "evil" undead, bats, spiders, zombies etc. In runescape, you get one area on a freakin island that you HAVE to complete to get into the main game -.-

Second of all:

Runescape has depth? Strategies? And WoW doesnt?

Are you freaking kidding me??? What the hell do you do on Runescape that takes strategies? Do you maybe minimize your screen while afk training and play different games? Oh no wait I forgot, you sit in edgeville creating bows from logs for hours on end getting your fletching level up. Tons of planning going on there, how long did it take you to come up with that strategy? On WoW end game (which infact Runescape has no end game, unless you consider Dagg Kings end game which level 80s can do, which is NOT end game material) you raid dungeons with multiple bosses that actually take planning and strategies to complete. If your strategie sucks or someone in the group doesnt follow the plan, you wipe and have to retry killing the boss. These bosses are very difficult. You have to plan in advance before going into the dungeons what classes you are going to bring. How much dps you want, how many healers you want, how many warriors you want, etc.

Thirdly:

I think I read something about storyline in one of the posts. Great storyline Runescape has, 3 gods and they fight with eachother. There followers go out and kill eachother, AWESOME. WoW has indepth stories, tales, everything about not only the playable races in WoW but the other races you cannot be. Not to mention the THOUSANDS of quests that WoW has that can discover more to the history of World of Warcraft. How many quests does jagex give Runescape players that are actually worth doing? Like 30? Awesome.

The ONLY thing that gives runescape the advantage over WoW is simply that it has a f2p version, which infact is [cabbage] compared to p2p because jagex put so much effort into making p2p better so you will eventually buy p2p and make them money. Yes for people who have bad out of date computers lag might be a issue, yet I lag more on Runscape than I do on WoW. How ironic? I am not even going to point out the community that Runescape has, and how it was destroyed by Miniclip advertising Runescape on their site *cough* seven year olds playing Runescape *cough*.

One last thing, my friend who plays RS and says RS > WoW based on how Jagex is better than Blizzard. Go message Jagex about a problem you have, I am almost certain you will get an auto message back saying the same stuff over and over again. And if you are f2p, they will advertise p2p to you (I have experienced this myself).......I will be coming back to see replies after I visit my dads house for the next few days. Anyone want to argue with me, go ahead, Ill most certainly have something to say.

Sorry for the long quote people. Heres my view on it. I have played WoW for bout half a year and have 3 lvl 60's. It doesnt hold me like rs does. Ive played rs since classic and ive come back after trying tons of other games.

To the story part, RS does have an indepth story. Not as indepth as some of wows but at least rs hasnt been trying to fix a village for 2 years.

I hold rs and WoW just about equal, id go on but i must cook christmas dinner for my family. I might update this and make it more indepth when i get back.

whitedragonhidepm9.png

I just came back from a long break. Back on bob.

I am a bit ashamed of it, due to the image of the stereotypical video game player, which I do not fit even the slightest bit. Only person in my real life who knows anything of my playing is my girlfriend, and at that it is only "a game I play" :lol:

People just like making fun of others, in any possible way.

I found this interesting to read,

the only advantages of runescape is there is a f2p and its easy access (eg you dont need a good net connection you dont need a good computer, you can play it anywhere as there is no specific game software you have to install from disk)

I have played runescape on and off for over 4 years, I have played wow for maybe 8 months in total

Reading this anyone who isnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t biased can see that allot of posters are hypocrites they say that rs is being judged without giving it a chance yet they havenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t really tried wow.

Wow has A LOT more game depth for example the different armour stats talent point to customise your char, different weapon skills and many spells. Wow has huge clans which organize events (eg like TET but all in one clan). Wow has world chat so you can communicate with allot more people at once if you choose to rather been limited to 200 on your friends list. It has a far greater range of monsters and quests. the combat itself not only is 3d ( im talking about 3d as in you can jump ect not in the graphics terms) but can be "mixed up" where in runescape you have whip crystal bow magiks skimmy dds and thats about it thereÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s no way you can suddenly turn the battle (unless you are fighting a lame pure then all you do is change class however melee has advantage with dhide armour not having negative melee atk stats) but MOST of all wow combat (mostly pvp combat) takes SKILL runescape u click and hope by random chance you will hit higher, with the range of abilities and weapons and the 3d aspect skill plays a large part in getting wins. Wow also requires co-operation as allot of bosses require teams to take down and there is battle grounds organised city raids ect.

the cost for wow is only allot more if there is only 1 player playing eg my bro and I generally play the same game at the same time, 60 days Wow 45$ roughly (I think it might be up to 50 now in some shops) while 60 days for 2 people RS is $47.40 (if you use the phone to pay (going by nz rates))

after reading this you may be thinking why I play rs at all. I play rs because its easy access, I only have dial up net atm, ive played it for along time so its good to check out new updates ect, I cant stand the constant lame chuck norris references and jokes. finally because games get boring 2 months of wow and you start to get sick of it, 1-2 months of this is the same if not worse as itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s so repetitive. MTGO also gets boring as does tibia UT, ut2k3, ut2k4 all get boring if you play continuously.

i know this isnt a FPS but if i freeze you can i still yell "Boom headshot" ?

yeh everyone is much too hung up on graphics, and even if they do play they dont stick with it till it gets good. on another game called adventure quest (flashbased rpg) everyone beats up on runescape for not being as pretty as its anime style graphics. the game is pretty much a combat dice roller. i got bored of it because A. the combat is alot cooler in rs in my oppinion, and B. you can do something besides combat.

another thing alot of ppl dont realize is that runescape has alot of skills for a rpg, probably the most. and i dont really see the appeal of paying $15 for WoW for a game that pretty much boils down to another pretty combat dice roller (idk much about the game, but i know that ill allways play runescape!)

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]