How I lost my items - by scamming, dying and others

Forum_User

once i was triying to buy 50 laws for 15k. i get a pm from a guy saying he'll sell them near the bridge at edgey and that he's lagging so can't move. i come up get hit with barrage and dds speced, then die. i didnt bring any items but lost 14997 coins. i was shocked at first but then kinda laughed at them for luring me for 15k :XD:

soldersig.jpg

once i was triying to buy 50 laws for 15k. i get a pm from a guy saying he'll sell them near the bridge at edgey and that he's lagging so can't move. i come up get hit with barrage and dds speced, then die. i didnt bring any items but lost 14997 coins. i was shocked at first but then kinda laughed at them for luring me for 15k :XD:

Rofl! Probably cost most of that in runes =P

Don't follow me. You might not make it.

All your accounts are belong to us now.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator

i sold a rune axe for free [bleep] he was putting the money then when i accepted it was nothing i accepted fast and here i am

i got scammed for 15k...

Lol? :wall:

I didnt get scammed, but i logged out of W2, unaware Mr.Hyde was attacking me... Well, i closed the screen by mistake, meaning to close the one in front of it, and when i logged back in, there i was stood in Lumb with Dhip top, Legs and Vamps - No blue mask...

hahahahaha that sucks so much [wagon]

some1 asked if i wanted to buy whip for 500k and i said i didn't have 500k and i brought yew longs and nats... lost 1k of ea at edgy bridge

blackmmage,k0rn56.gif

Okay so I don't know if the guy was planning on scamming me or just took advantage of the situation... anyways here goes. I was wandering around seers and he asks me if he'll help him get a golden cup for a mini quest, and he'll give me 200k. Being dead broke, I agreed, although I had no idea what this 'golden cup' thing was, or what he wanted me to do. So I followed him, and he went into this dungeon. He told me there was lvl 23's in there, and so I went in. Yeah, there was lvl 23 cave crawlers in there. So he tells me we need to kill them to get a key. So I attack one, and get poisoned. #-o I put on protect items, and try to run to the bank, but I don't make it. I die. He gives me back all the stuff I dropped, just like stupid worthless stuff, except for my blue beret. #-o Which I know isn't that much but to a poor newb like me it is... :XD:

Black, Red, and White

I'm a DeKk3rite!

I was scammed on a levl 32 guy which normally, people past level 20, I can trust, but he puts up 1k iron at the beginning and I put up 100k. Then, before I know it, he changes it to 100 and by the time I got the bank, I realized I was scammed 90k. Very nice trick, but he isn't going to get away with it.

I didn't actually fall for this scam, but I came pretty close. I was walking around in world 2 selling off some barrows rewards when I was offered 1711k for my whip. I figured, "hmm, probably a scam, but I may as well see if she's serious", so I put up my whip and they put up the 1711k. Then they closed the window and retraded me, so I put up my whip again and they reoffered the coins and we both hit accept once. Fortunately I took the time to look at the second screen very carefully, because as I was preparing to hit accept a second time I noticed that they had put up 1171k instead of 1711k. Be careful to watch out for offers like this - even if you're paying attention the two money amounts look very similar, and I've since seen several other people try this scam as well.

got lured by getting lunar teled to ice plateau. :oops:

luring and scammin is different thing. IDIOT

Watch your facts before you call someone an idiot. Luring falls under the category of "item scamming" FYI. :roll:

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

I was scammed only once in my RS career of over one year right now. It was a few weeks after I had joined, and my friend had given me full steel. I was killing goblins when a guy comes up and asks if I want to make 10k. I did, so I followed him to the Wine of Zammy, tried to take it, and I was dead. I was so embarassed that I couldn't even ask my friend for a new steel 2h, which was all I last besides the 100 gp or so that I got from Goblins.

mstrgmr11.png

Joined RS2: Late May/Early June 2006

100 Combat achieved on June 30, 2007 All skills 60+ achieved on August 22, 2007

Quest Cape achieved on September 8, 2007, at 104 Combat

Check out my blog to 85 Slayer!

he said free sharks show ur inventory i put up my green mask obby cape dragon baxe obby sheild full zammy... gone... i acceped with the lobs i orgot to tke away my things

I still cannot get how people can fall for this scam. :shock:

Teamdark2, you should stop posting and go under a rock. IDIOT

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

Some guy offered to buy my santa for 3000 Ranarr Weeds which seemed like a really good deal. But they were UNID and I had never dealt with an Herb scam before so I accepted. 20M less for me.

Then back on my old account this guy wanted to "Try Out" my Whip and Obby set. I never saw him again.

Got scammed of my veracs a month later from someone who took the money out last second.

And now I hate merchanting so I never buy and sell a lot of stuff anymore to minimize the risk of me getting scammed. Now I end up dieing at Ape Atol Dungeon when my prayer runs out with my Ranger Set and 2M in items on :wall:

Could have bought a skill to 99 with that money -.-

Looking for someone to teach me how to Armadyl farm - pm me

10,200th Person to Achieve 99 Magic on 1/10/08

ok, so i go on a 1 week holiday and come back to my lvl 89 runescape account to find out it had been hacked.... I was ok with that but to add insult to injury the nerd that hacked it just had to go and make my day worse. You guys know the scam ill give you x ammount of ranarrs for your items, then they trade you unids? Well the loser fell for that and traded my hard earnt blue mask for 4.5k "ranarrs"...Which later turned out to be marentalls. I also had a wip 2 mil cash and guthix robes he could of taken, but no he does that nooby trade and takes ONE rune scimmy.

I know this will just get locked in a trillionth of a second but it just goes to show that there are some true nerds playing runescape these days, i mean how lame is it to hack a game that you dont know how to play.

Well thanks for listerning to me rant on about my misfortune

Coolest on this whole forum

ok, so i go on a 1 week holiday and come back to my lvl 89 runescape account to find out it had been hacked.... I was ok with that but to add insult to injury the nerd that hacked it just had to go and make my day worse. You guys know the scam ill give you x ammount of ranarrs for your items, then they trade you unids? Well the loser fell for that and traded my hard earnt blue mask for 4.5k "ranarrs"...Which later turned out to be marentalls. I also had a wip 2 mil cash and guthix robes he could of taken, but no he does that nooby trade and takes ONE rune scimmy.

I know this will just get locked in a trillionth of a second but it just goes to show that there are some true nerds playing runescape these days, i mean how lame is it to hack a game that you dont know how to play.

Well thanks for listerning to me rant on about my misfortune

A question for me here is how did you let such a newby player hack you in the first place? :XD:

Selling Canon in Fally 500k ( Don't know if there still worth that)

Guys trades me. Finish trade and see 500 coins in my inventory :x

but.... I got his user name and reported him and also put him in my friends list on my and my brothers account (in case he ignores me) we've never seen him log in again! =D>

girl did the 1k lobbies to 100 trick on me lost 285k and now i'm owning lessers for the money back

that happened to me but it was 2.1k lobbies to 210 lobbies

lost 480k! arr

Spud you seriously have to stay off the forums when you get into the weed.
Heres a hammer, some planks and a few nails, now all you gotta do is build a bridge and get over it.

i was trying to sell rune long and some guys trades me. he offers rune scimmy, i accept because scimmys are much easier to sell and then i realize he swaped it with iron but it was too late. i lost only about 25k but the worst thing is i couldn't report him because he had more than 1 space in his name and i couldn't figure out how many it was

natasa777.jpegavatar175ed1.gif

refresh to see another sig

F2p forever

well i was gonna buy loads of willow logs and some guy goes, "will you come to edge bank" so i was thinking, look out for scam then he asks me to meet at the bridge and at this point im on like red alert, so i bank my cash and bring out my blk d hide food dds etc. get there and hes dropped 200k in the wildy, he shows me the logs to try and convince me he aint scammer so i was thinking ill run grab the cash and get out, somehow he manages to entagle and i stand there thinking o well im dead, and he dds specs me 0,3 so i dds spec back 21 13 3 dds specs later hes dead and im 2 mill richer in willow logs \'

polos11.png

sad scammers

[/b]now this scam is everywhere.....only had i knew of this beforehand

lost 1.4m

2 guys work in a team

first one spams "buying whip 1.9m" but somehow, grabbing lots of people's attentions, he offers an ahrim staff (obviously not worth it )

another guy spams "buying ahrims staff for 2.2m"

my instincts took over my logic.

Poor me and others i reported him 3 times...stupid scammers on

runescape.

I THOUGHT i was scam proof............i check the second screen for hours :ohnoes:

but now scammers are getting sophisticated

owell theres a first for everything :x

:(

"The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic." -Joseph Stalin

cxhano2.gif

<(--=\\ CHAMILITARY MAYNE //=--)>

sad scammers

[/b]now this scam is everywhere.....only had i knew of this beforehand

lost 1.4m

2 guys work in a team

first one spams "buying whip 1.9m" but somehow, grabbing lots of people's attentions, he offers an ahrim staff (obviously not worth it )

another guy spams "buying ahrims staff for 2.2m"

my instincts took over my logic.

Poor me and others i reported him 3 times...stupid scammers on

runescape.

I THOUGHT i was scam proof............i check the second screen for hours :ohnoes:

but now scammers are getting sophisticated

owell theres a first for everything :x

:(

Jagex is way too lenient on scammers.

They have a zero-tolerance policy for macroers, well, that's all nice, but scammers? That was not even a "direct" scam. If he substituted items in trade screen or something like that, he'd get probably 2 blackmarks. In this type of scam, he'll get 1 blackmark. Yea, big deal.

He can comfortably raise his blackmarks to 5-6 out of 10, and then play nice, with a bil or so in scammed items. :/

Unlike macroers, scammers are actually pretty easy to stop. The only reason you see lvl 100's scamming is because they KNOW they'll get away with a slap on the wrist.

A type of scam which is obviously pre-planned, deliberate, and systematic, should warrant an immediate permanent ban, with MAYBE a ONE chance last appeal, and that's IT. Not 1 blackmark out of 10. And then high-lvls will think twice whether a scammed whip is worth more than losing a lvl 100 acc or not.

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?

Selling Canon in Fally 500k ( Don't know if there still worth that)

Guys trades me. Finish trade and see 500 coins in my inventory :x

but.... I got his user name and reported him and also put him in my friends list on my and my brothers account (in case he ignores me) we've never seen him log in again! =D>

Or he just has priv chat off.

If you really want to know if he's banned or not, check the highscores. Banned people have their name removed.

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?

I must have fallen from the stupidest stupidest scam ever .

I was buying torags hammers and this guy walks up and says "ill sell you for 100k!"

So I think to myself "heh good price"

We open the trade windows he put up the hammers I put up the money

We went accept number one

Then on the second one I looked at it it was fine so i happily clicked accept...

He then clicked decline and said "sorry lag" I the said " no problem" so we opened up the trade again

I thought it would be fine so I only briefly looked at the 2nd screen saw the word "hammer" and clicked accept

I had just bought a hammer (general store one) for 100k... :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Only been scammed twice, both times with the cursed veracs armour set. -.-

First time:

The usual 2 skirts instead of a helm and skirt trick, it was just after i had made my first 5m and really wanted veracs lol. It was like 5 in the morning though so i was quite tired and only checked it said "Veracs" 4 times on the 2nd trade screen.

Second Time:

They put up full veracs noted, then didn't accept the trade. I offered 50k more then they put up full veracs noted but it had a noted BLACK SKIRT instead of a noted veracs skirt, the difference is tiny.

:wall: