How I lost my items - by scamming, dying and others

Forum_User

Well, today, i was in fally park world 2, trying to buy full verac for 4.3mil. Of course, there was loads of scammers using 2 skirt trick. they tried it on me, but i decliened it because it know it was a scam. Well anyway, there was this scammer that caught my attention. He was yelling "free super sets!!!!show item in inventory in trading screen to show how much space you have!!!!!" And i think to myself that those super sets would be useful for me to use it for barrows using full verac. So i traded him. i showed him that i've got 4.3mil. Then he put up all those super set with one inventory space empty. So i quickly clicked accept without knowing that i forgot to remove the 4.3mil #-o

Then without checking the second trade srceen, i clicked accept again #-o #-o

Oh well, i hav to earn all that 4.3mil by slayer darting in barrows now. wish me luck in getting a guthan spear :) :D

nicholes.png

Today a noob tried to scam me something like this:

I was buying a rune (g) kiteshield. Someone says "selling rune (g) kite 60k!!!" I traded him, he showed a rune (g) kiteshield. I show 60k, he accepts. So I accepted too. At the second screen it was ok. I accept, he declines. Trades again saying lag. I show 60k, he shows a rune (g) kiteshield. Or so it looked. At the second trade window he accepts. I read mine, saying 60k, read his, saying adamant kiteshield (g). I declined saying noob scammer. Now I know adamant looks like rune, when it' s (g).

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

Ive only been scammed once. this guy was like

"SPENDING 10M"

So he puts up 10m i put in a whole bunch of stuff worth around maybe 4-5 mil.

Full sara, some pots, food, logs, etc. The he quickly changes 10m to 10k.

This was before you could see the difference in colour. I was so happy because it was such a great deal, I quickly clicked accept on both screens.

woodwrkr.png

Proud Runescaper Since 2003

"Skiller Fo' Lyfe"

July 10th - Died In World 2 And Lost 12M To A Random Event While Browsing The Forums During Merchanting >_<

Wow, just got scammed 24.2m

Surprising, I'm not that mad, I just feel stupid.

The guy says, "Giving away stuff, show invy first"

I show him the blue mask in my inventory, and he gives me lots of junk, probably totaling about 600k. Forgetting to pull the mask back, I accept.

I guess it's time to runecraft, baby!

lalalasig2.png

Just got scammed full guth, fury and some other stuff. I asked somebody to get firecape for me, tried to login pass had been changed. Oh well...

Sorry to say so but serves you right for giving away your pass. You are lucky you only lost items isntead of getting banned either for sharing your account, or for the other person doing bad stuff while on your account and getting your account banned for that.

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?

I show him the blue mask in my inventory, and he gives me lots of junk, probably totaling about 600k. Forgetting to pull the mask back, I accept.

I don't know how people can fool for that... I knew it was a scam the first time i saw someone even say it.

Anyway, good luck runecrafting. :D Always fun. (not)

does that scam work well >.<

u must been greedy and saw the 600k of stuff, human nature. =)

"The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic." -Joseph Stalin

cxhano2.gif

<(--=\\ CHAMILITARY MAYNE //=--)>

does that scam work well >.<

u must been greedy and saw the 600k of stuff, human nature. =)

It's one of the most popular scams because it is counterintuitive. Usually you expect people to "cheat" you, like asking you for something you know you should'nt tell them, or asking you to show that you trust them, but in this scam they just pretend they are nice. The request is cloning a reasonable request which in theory is supposed to ask how much free space you have (so trade doesn't get autorejected for lack of space), and psychologically you think the other person is doing something reasonable. There is no psychological barriers to rejecting this scam if you don't know about it, and all it takes is not being careful, to lose potentially huge amounts.

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?

A few days ago my friend tried to scam me (He had my RoW i let him borrow >_<) He asked me if i can loan him some money to pay back a friend. I said no i dont have enough. Hes like well got any items? I say: Well how much do you need ( i had no idea how much he need at this point) he said about 250k... I asked why? He said well he helped out this account and he wants me to pay him back. I said no I dont have items to give for free. He said" What about a beserker helm?" Right after he asked that i asked if he was a member. Then he said no he plays for free. I said then why do you need a zerker if hes free. I continued to find out he tried to scam me. Took him off of friends, ignored him, reported him. Before that, a few days, he asked if he could borrow my ring of wealth so... I lost bout 60k... :/ Scumbag.

Pretty much done with rs now

i was trding my full dragon for 1 bil, i was soooo happy and looking forward to all the money but at the last minute they removed the money and i was clicking really fast so i didnt see, i lost full dragon.

worst day on runescape ever -.-

Well, ill be seeing you guys later, and remember, its only a game.

i was trding my full dragon for 1 bil, i was soooo happy and looking forward to all the money but at the last minute they removed the money and i was clicking really fast so i didnt see, i lost full dragon.

worst day on runescape ever -.-

Some things are too good to be true. THAT SUCKS DUDE!

Pretty much done with rs now

Buying herbs for herblore (identified :oops: )

Bought harrs for 8k ea instead of ranarrs <.<

My own damn fault, shoulda checked the 2nd trade screen.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

Thanks to good ole' Tip.it forums, I got to learn how to avoid the "whip-video" scam (which I should warn you, works with Torag's Hammers, Dbaxes and Mystic Tops) by low alching one of them, so I got to get 3 sets of Torag's Hammers.

However, a friend of mine asked if he could borrow 100k from he because he had been scammed and needed a new start-on for merchanting, so I lent them to him. Afterwards, when I asked him when we'd give the money back, he said "whenever you give me rune legs and helm". He explained to methat I'd have to give hime the armor, and then, he'd give the money. Of course I got that he was just lying to me, so I told him what I thought. I haven't heard from him since. He's still on my friends' list, just in case he thinks it through and wants to redeem himself (what I know won't happen <.< ).

I'd rather have lost the whip on a scam rather than 100k to someone I considered a friend... :cry:

This signature is intentionally left blank.

I had just started runescape and this guy said "Buddy system!". Now, I thought that would be a great idea as I had never played runescape before. The guy helped me earn some money, and iron armour (bad, I know, but I had just started). Then he took me to the wildy, saying this is the best place to make money, which, ironically, it is ^^', and I followed him in deep. He pked me and I had about 60k (again not much, but it had only just started the game) and full iron and tones of other stuff. Nothing really vaulble but it was the first, and hopefully last, time I was scammed.:wall: :wall: :wall:

i remember2 times i got scammed both in world 2 i was going to get d bones only bought 100 (only ever 100-200 at anytime)

just incase and he swpped d bones for b bones but i still used them and my mate gave me some cash cuz he was nice

and 2nd time i was trying to sell my first seercull bow and sincxe no-1 was buying i went to world to and started selling and i turned chat off found a trader and bam he put up d legs i thort oo nice deal (they were noted too)

so i put up seerrcull bow and he takes them away and puts noted red d hide legs and i didn't notice and i lost my seercull bow but i needed red hide legs so meh

note this was ages ago way b4 the new trade system :cry:

*~hugo411~*

!!93/99 fishing!!

i remember2 times i got scammed both in world 2 i was going to get d bones only bought 100 (only ever 100-200 at anytime)

just incase and he swpped d bones for b bones but i still used them and my mate gave me some cash cuz he was nice

and 2nd time i was trying to sell my first seercull bow and sincxe no-1 was buying i went to world to and started selling and i turned chat off found a trader and bam he put up d legs i thort oo nice deal (they were noted too)

so i put up seerrcull bow and he takes them away and puts noted red d hide legs and i didn't notice and i lost my seercull bow but i needed red hide legs so meh

note this was ages ago way b4 the new trade system :cry:

And yet the 2nd trade screen didn't stop you? :-s

be careful about german world lures, guys if you don't know german, don't trade on them :uhh: :uhh:

they unsuccessfully tried to offer 1.6k willows for my black cavalier instead of 1.6k magic logs (at the time magic logs and willows like almost exactly alike. )i did not feel safe with this trade, so i declined.

dragonmzammyvest,mattleinart4.gif

mattleinart4.gif

mattleinart4.gif

be careful about german world lures, guys if you don't know german, don't trade on them :uhh: :uhh:

they unsuccessfully tried to offer 1.6k willows for my black cavalier instead of 1.6k magic logs (at the time magic logs and willows like almost exactly alike. )i did not feel safe with this trade, so i declined.

What's the big deal about that scam? Weiden =/= Magie-whatever. Common sense, you don't even need to know German for that.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

i had bought my new blk g for 300k. after days of cowhides (yes i said cowhides). then a lvl 3 name 0 o 00 o 00 (that wasn't the actual name) came up to me and said "ill buy you blk g for 500k". my heart was racing im like omg deal!!! i trade him and when i look at my inv afterwards i saw 40k. that took me soooo long to get!
O OMFG OMFG! i saw sombody name 0 o 00 o 00 or somthing like that. And he tried scamming me, i offered ful rune and he offer 1 mil but he switched to 10k but i didnt accept.

But once i DID get scammed. I was buying 100 big bones for 400k. Somone offered 100 big bones then switched to 100 normal bones and i didnt notice on the second trade screen

6fs2mx2.png

-------------------------------------------------------

5zfxy7o.gif

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=682451 For Userbars (Underbanners) Click here^

i had bought my new blk g for 300k. after days of cowhides (yes i said cowhides). then a lvl 3 name 0 o 00 o 00 (that wasn't the actual name) came up to me and said "ill buy you blk g for 500k". my heart was racing im like omg deal!!! i trade him and when i look at my inv afterwards i saw 40k. that took me soooo long to get!
O OMFG OMFG! i saw sombody name 0 o 00 o 00 or somthing like that. And he tried scamming me, i offered ful rune and he offer 1 mil but he switched to 10k but i didnt accept.

But once i DID get scammed. I was buying 100 big bones for 400k. Somone offered 100 big bones then switched to 100 normal bones and i didnt notice on the second trade screen

You were buying big bones for 4000 each? Are you like, Zezima, or what?

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.