what do you think the next melee wepon will be?

BoD

let's face it. Jagex hasn't come out with a new melee wep in quite some time. The black sally doesn't count since its a hybrid and requires fuel.

now alotta people are going to say that we dont need a new wep the whip is fine. Ya the wip owns but im just saying its growing kinda old on me and would like something new and not as common. maybe even with a 80 attack req or something. any comments on the subject? or could it just be me feeling this way :-s

lost rights to my dark red text >:(

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

12/20/06 - QUEST CAPE OF ACHIEVEMENT

Barrows sets: guthan, verac, dharok, maybe ahrim eventually <- lost to a hacker whole stole everything of worth from my bank

A fast crushing weapon, thats what we need.

Like, a double sided battle axe. Or, a pike! *not the fish*

IRL Pikes have a very high range of attack, so I guess it would work on longer distances then a halberd, but worse stats, and 2 handed. Quite usefull for barraging people and attacking.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

I feel the same way, Whips were good when they were first released because of the rarity, but now they are just too common. I would hope it would involve some high level monster that requires a very large team (20+) if they did decide to release a new weapon, then it will still be rare in 2 months. And maybe a weapon that is the counter to the Whip, only training strength and controlled or something like that, with strong and moderate paced hits. :-#

I would just because the whip has brought its evilness into runescape :ohnoes: ! Not getting strength xp alone causes your attack to go up if your a non stop pker. Also if whip wasn't around people may pay more respect to the good weapons they left behind, however slow they may be their special doesnt just steal run energy away <.< . But ya, something new would be nice, instead of the attack requirement being too high, I'd like jagex to give some agony and make the requirements mainly Defence based, however cruel to "pures" I think that would be hilarious. \'

EDIT: They still havent made a dragon pickaxe or dragon claws so they are possible ideas. Maybe evena new drop from a current or possible upcoming slayer monster lol. Dont know but as long as its strength bonus is higher then a whip and not too slow, everyone will want it so they need to make it where once you get the firecape you have to fight all over again somehow with only 2 prayer pots at then end to get it, rarest item you'll be able to get for a good while. :wink:

my first pk i got a addy mace... and i still posted it, why? Because I was proud..

I agree with a new weapon sort of like the whip, but trains strength + controlled and defense. That would be awesome, a fairly high level monster that only a certain amount of the population could get to? Such as have those Dark Beasts that need 90 slayer to kill and are level 182 lol. Have them drop some awesome opposite of the whip. Or make a level 95 slayer monster or something, or just oh I'll just shush! lol

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

I agree with a new weapon sort of like the whip, but trains strength + controlled and defense. That would be awesome, a fairly high level monster that only a certain amount of the population could get to? Such as have those Dark Beasts that need 90 slayer to kill and are level 182 lol. Have them drop some awesome opposite of the whip. Or make a level 95 slayer monster or something, or just oh I'll just shush! lol

qft?? :P

anyway yea it would be cool esp if they were non trade

Nah, they'd be tradable like the whip, and of course start out extremely hard to get and be very expensive (so many, and only x amount of slayers with 90/95 slayer) you need to get to the point in Mourning Ends Part II to be able to access the Dark Beasts as well.

Or if they didn't make the Dark Beasts drop it, and do make a new monster, than yes, have a HARD quest for it and the certain slayer level (at that point hte slayer level couldn't be higher than probably 70 lol, cause that's not fair to other players who don't have that high of Slayer)

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

i think dark beasts should drop a new weapon mainly because they are rubbish for a 90 slayer monster but are very hard to kill anyway.

Not sure what to have for the new weapon though.

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

i dont think runscape left out any weapon types theyve basically got most of em. What they might do is start having enchanted weapons. yo check out my acid enchanted whip (it glows green) and stuff like that. otherwise I'd say a katana.

For all of our sakes, please not enchanted weapons, maybe some of the dragon weapons to be enchanted but even then, they're already powerful enough and they do have a spec, enchanted items isn't really needed nor wanted by most of ruenscape population imo.

I think for a melee weapon it would need to brign strength back to the table, abyssal whip shot the strength off the table and attack making a castle on it.

Maybe a weapon that actually has a 90+ attack req, requires some sort of a way to obtain it, like dark beasts(seriously we don't need more monsters, boss monsters yes but not regular), or maybe a regular old monster which gets updated to having a slayer level and a hunter level for it, cause you gotta trap it, then bring it somewhere to kill it(its magical so if it gonna die it teles, thats why where you bring it is a anti-magical palce, no magic, nor prayer) and then you salugther it, but its difficult and you'd need a team of 10+ to cover alot of basis, and even when you do kill it you need a crafting and smithing level to craft the weapon which is an extremely rare drop, and when you craft the chance of breakage is huge! and then you need it to get blessed by the guy in the monastry for an outrageous price of 10mill.

Yep that'd be nice =).

Maybe a weapon that actually has a 90+ attack req, requires some sort of a way to obtain it, like dark beasts(seriously we don't need more monsters, boss monsters yes but not regular), or maybe a regular old monster which gets updated to having a slayer level and a hunter level for it, cause you gotta trap it, then bring it somewhere to kill it(its magical so if it gonna die it teles, thats why where you bring it is a anti-magical palce, no magic, nor prayer) and then you salugther it, but its difficult and you'd need a team of 10+ to cover alot of basis, and even when you do kill it you need a crafting and smithing level to craft the weapon which is an extremely rare drop, and when you craft the chance of breakage is huge! and then you need it to get blessed by the guy in the monastry for an outrageous price of 10mill.

Yep that'd be nice =).

i like it :) at least then it should stay rare...

Nah, they'd be tradable like the whip, and of course start out extremely hard to get and be very expensive (so many, and only x amount of slayers with 90/95 slayer) you need to get to the point in Mourning Ends Part II to be able to access the Dark Beasts as well.

Or if they didn't make the Dark Beasts drop it, and do make a new monster, than yes, have a HARD quest for it and the certain slayer level (at that point hte slayer level couldn't be higher than probably 70 lol, cause that's not fair to other players who don't have that high of Slayer)

erm yea why not say

LETS JUST KEEP WHIP

thats what is so bad about it...its tradable if they made a harder 2 get non trade!

I have a suggestion for a new range weapon that could benefit melee as well...

In the times of the Roman Empire, there was such a thing known as a Pilum. It looks a lot like a Javelin, only its head would be thinner and much much longer.

The effect of this weapon was, that when it hit a shield, it wouldnt penetrate, but because the metal was so long, it would bend, rendering the shield unwieldable due to the weight added to it.

Something similar could be made here as well.

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!