All discussion here: Jan 2, 2006 - Rule 7 and Rule 9 Updated

JIMMIE

2 January 2007 - Rule 7 and Rule 9 Updated

We have updated Rule 7 and Rule 9 to clarify some long standing grey areas, and to cover some recent threats. Please take the time to re-read both rules and make sure you fully understand them.

The reason for this update is both to clarify some very frequently asked questions, and also to help address recent threats which have been harming our players. In particular we have extended rule 7 to make it clear that it DOES now include third party RuneScape clients/world switchers.

We have done this for two main reasons:

1. [*:21f6lnti] The sheer number of users losing their account/password to programs which pretend to be one thing but actually steal their password; [*:21f6lnti] Problems with some of these programs including extremely unsafe chat channels where large amounts of scamming go on, and users encourage each other to try to break the rules.

When RuneScape fansites are distributing programs which are then used to discuss breaking the rules or result in their own users being scammed, it's clear that our rules need revision! We don't want to be unnecessarily restrictive, but we obviously also have to balance that with protecting our users. We've thought long and hard about this, and hence this update.

Update 2-Jan-07 - 17:21 GMT

Further to that I just want to clarify a few extra things:

[*:21f6lnti] We're absolutely NOT going to ban people who used such world-switchers historically. That would be completely unfair given we've only just mentioned this! We will of course give everyone plenty of chance to read and understand the rule, and get rid of such programs first.

[*:21f6lnti] It's only RuneScape specific add-on programs we're talking about here. You can of course still use things like msn/aim whilst playing. Just bear in mind that if you do so it's entirely at your own risk, and we won't be be able to help with abuse/scamming. (so we don't recommend it at all, but it's ultimately up to you)

[*:21f6lnti] We're also looking at adding an official 'group chat' system into the game ASAP for clans and other groups of players to use.

All 3rd Party Software is now not allowed it seems.

~Jimmie

[Mod Edit: I have updated this post with the full news ~misterxman]

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glad to see ss gone, it made rs a bit too unfair in a way, easily getting onto world 2 and etc.. i even bet he was planning to hack all of rs whenever he decided to quit. at least jagex has new sensors that will automatically ban ss users, yay jagex

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

Sad, very sad ...

All i can scream now is "JAGEX NURSE ME OMG@@@@@@@@@@ PROTECT me @@@@@@@@" seriously... i'm 18 years old and i don't need them to tell me what's safe and what's not.

Swiftswitch in particular was a GREAT program to play Rs on. Irc is a fun way to interact with people.

Now what i'm mostly bothered about, they take away 3rd party clients BUT offer no alternatives ... they give us a rs client which is totally rubbish and is just a window loading runescape.com in (LMAO) ...

Just bloody pathetic how they OVERprotect us.

I have been using SS for over a year WITHOUT troubleshooting, can't say that about jagex their custumor support to be completely honest

Nothing wrong with SS imo...

Lame I think..

Your getting an unfair advantage over other players that login slower than you. Personally I'm glad Jagex have enforced this rule.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

Lame I think..

Your getting an unfair advantage over other players that login slower than you. Personally I'm glad Jagex have enforced this rule.

I can't really see that as an advantage? I get into a world like 30 secs faster? #-o

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.

Lame I think..

I can't really see that as an advantage? I get into a world like 30 secs faster? #-o

double the money rune mining? 24mil a day ftw progs ftw?

Bbc_3.gif

Lame I think..

double the money rune mining? 24mil a day ftw progs ftw?

What are you talking about? SS doesn't make you get into worlds faster. The log out thingy "you only just (..) wait 20 secs..." is both at SS and on the normal log in site.

Well You guys should be glad jagex is trying to take care of autoers. I never used those programs and life mage isn't worse then your charaters. Just a little more poor 'cause I can't always get into world 2.

Well You guys should be glad jagex is trying to take care of autoers. I never used those programs and life isn't worse then yours. Just a little more poor 'cause I can't always get into world 2.

I'm hardly never at w2 anyways. Easy to get there too. Just gotta go to switch between details and server site. Easy by clicking backwards and then just picking a detail.. :roll:

has anyone actually got banned or got a warning for using SS as yet?

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you if

^^^^read backwards^^^^

anish00b.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=757562&p=6009903

^^^^The Best Melee Training Spot In The Game^^^^

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=786213

^^^^The new Bandits^^^^

even i have the misfile craze!!!

I think this update is unnecessary. All SS and other world switcher programs do is make world switching easier and pain free. They are no macro programs and do not install keyloggers on your computer. I did use SS and I'm not going to any more but honestly all it is is easier navigation. -.-

sigdu0.gif

Quit RS to play real games. :P Bye TIF, miss you.

I think this update is unnecessary. All SS and other world switcher programs do is make world switching easier and pain free. They are no macro programs and do not install keyloggers on your computer. I did use SS and I'm not going to any more but honestly all it is is easier navigation. -.-
Oh thats so sad. You actuly have to try to get into world 2 now. So sad.

Yay, Death to SS! \'

Flame me please :P

lol???? there is no flaming... in my mind you just said "death to all autoers"

its the same exact thing as autoers and scammers dying.

ss is against the rules and its just as bad as scamming and autoing, death to ss. :thumbsup:

EDIT: everyone complaining is a rule breaker basically... if all autoers get banned tomorrow and scammers quit runescape the next day, do you expect to comeon tip.it and complain?? oh no what will we do without the autoers. stop complaining, its for the best.

Bbc_3.gif