All discussion here: Jan 2, 2006 - Rule 7 and Rule 9 Updated

JIMMIE

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if ss still blocks advertisments thats probably the main reason ss is blocked.. what a stupid point you made...

And how do you suggest Jagex monitors who scrolls up their screen to rid of the advertisement or not?

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

So they say they have ways to see that we are using SS? Isn't invading Privacy and in a way hacking? If this is the case, we could have a strong lead to allowing it.

I don't think they can detect SS users. Though if they can I guess it's the same way they monitor autoers.

77yLQy8.png

So they say they have ways to see that we are using SS? Isn't invading Privacy and in a way hacking? If this is the case, we could have a strong lead to allowing it.

I don't think they can detect SS users. Though if they can I guess it's the same way they monitor autoers.

I think they can now, I think I saw a post on the RSO from a J-Mod saying that they can now dectect them :-k

Phaper_Plane.png

No need to worry. According to this line in rule 7,

Third party RuneScape tools which don't embed or interact with our game/website at all are allowed, but still not recommended for security reasons.

SS is allowed to be used, as it does not embed or interact with the actual gaming screen, which is left intact, and the only possible interaction that exists is the scroll up feature on F2P which hides the advertisement, which still means nothing, considering Jagex still gets payed the same for that advertisement.

if ss still blocks advertisments thats probably the main reason ss is blocked.. what a stupid point you made...

It doesn't. Quit making assumptions based off a two-year-old obsolete version of SS you used for two weeks.

thats what he told me, why dont you tell me about this illegal program so i know more about it?

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

I think they can now, I think I saw a post on the RSO from a J-Mod saying that they can now dectect them :-k

I highly doubt they can. I suspect they are just trying to scare users from using it.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

lol world 27 fally centre is mayhem

About 20 mods telling people to calm down.

Bad Update :ohnoes:

Mods there are noobs(sorry to umega, saiden, and kalphite-the three COOL mods I know)

I got muted for trading one a cabbage.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

noneedforsszb9.jpg

Now what can you complain about? There's IRC chat, High-scores and the RS client all in the same window screen.

Would be a lot easier to do with a larger resolution (My Monitor only goes up to 1024x768)

Now quit complaining.

Now what can you complain about? There's IRC chat, High-scores and the RS client all in the same window screen.

Would be a lot easier to do with a larger resolution (My Monitor only goes up to 1024x768)

Now quit complaining.

It's nicer to have it all in one nice package along with a ton of other convenient features.

77yLQy8.png

I can totally understand why people are annoyed, but I've gotta say.... I'm completely behind Jagex on this one. They've got to draw the line somewhere, and now we know where.

Having said that... Jagex could appease a lot of players by stating that they promise to work on their own equivalent programs.

On a side note... point 3 is pretty exciting.. "a seperate chat facility for clan groups"... lovin' the sound of that.

Harrington.gif

Third party RuneScape tools which don't embed or interact with our game/website at all are allowed, but still not recommended for security reasons.

SS is allowed to be used, as it does not embed or interact with the actual gaming screen, which is left intact, and the only possible interaction that exists is the scroll up feature on F2P which hides the advertisement, which still means nothing, considering Jagex still gets payed the same for that advertisement.

It doesn't. Quit making assumptions based off a two-year-old obsolete version of SS you used for two weeks.

thats what he told me, why dont you tell me about this illegal program so i know more about it?

Why don't you just quit using assumptions to support your argument? Where did he tell you that it blocks advertisements?

77yLQy8.png

Now quit complaining.

It's nicer to have it all in one nice package along with a ton of other convenient features.

Use Firefox or IE7 and use tabs then. SS was useless. I use Firefox and have Chatzilla open like I showed to talk to people and if I need to look someone up in the highscores or look up other information I open a new tab.

ok havnt talked in a while but this has got me in the mood for a good ranting.

The fact is if you lose your account over irc to some idiot then neither of them deserve their accounts.

bbc3 your argument makes no sense please for the love of everyone here who still has faith in the inteligent portion of mankind shut up.

Jagex needs to stop being so afraid of lawsuits. really what jury sees "jagex didnt tell me going to these sites would make me lose my account" and says wow Those evil people please reward the plantiff the sum of 3 billion dollars.

Thats like pepsi getting sued because some [developmentally delayed] put bleach in his pepsi when the bottle didnt say he shouldn't.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

lmao at this....listen to this, by registering your account does not belong to you, it belongs to jagex, you have the password to the account because you accepted the terms and conditions-----

Intellectual property rights

JagexÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâî and RuneScapeÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâî are registered trade marks of Jagex Limited in the United Kingdom, the United States and other countries.

You must not reverse-engineer, decompile or modify the Game client software in any way. You must not use a modified/customised version of the client software. You must not create or provide any other means by which the Game may be played by others (including, without limitation, replacement or modified client/server software, server emulators).

Materials (including without limit all information, software, data, text, photographs, graphics, sound and video) placed on this website by us or on our behalf are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights of ourselves or our business partners / suppliers / advertisers. You may not use these materials or this website except to play the Game in accordance with these terms and conditions and for personal (ie non-commercial) use only.

You agree that your Game character, account and items are and will remain our property.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

if jagex decides to change a rule, you have no right to rant or anything, its not your account, its jagex, jagex made a rule, accept it or enjoy a ban, simple as that ?

If we weren't aloud to rant why would they make a rant forum :?

Jagex needs to stop being so afraid of lawsuits. really what jury sees "jagex didnt tell me going to these sites would make me lose my account" and says wow Those evil people please reward the plantiff the sum of 3 billion dollars.

Thats like pepsi getting sued because some [developmentally delayed] put bleach in his pepsi when the bottle didnt say he shouldn't.

How could they possibly get sued?

When you sign up for an account, the terms and conditions say that the account will always belong to Jagex.

WOOT

ok havnt talked in a while but this has got me in the mood for a good ranting.

The fact is if you lose your account over irc to some idiot then neither of them deserve their accounts.

bbc3 your argument makes no sense please for the love of everyone here who still has faith in the inteligent portion of mankind shut up.

I predict that if bbc responds to your post, it will involve you being flamed for a few spelling errors/typos rather than a counterpoint to your argument.

77yLQy8.png

SS is finally gone. Yay!!!

What caught my attention was this:

We're also looking at adding an official 'group chat' system into the game ASAP for clans and other groups of players to use.

Clan support is finally coming!

blurredsigla2.jpg