All discussion here: Jan 2, 2006 - Rule 7 and Rule 9 Updated

JIMMIE

Wait a sec...

Internet Explorer - Not made by Jagex = 3rd Party Client.

Mozilla Firefox - Not made by Jagex = 3rd Party Client.

So now they're going to ban me because I use Firefox?

Screw You Jagex...

-.- If u read what they said its directed at world switchers and the products contained there in.

This dont include Internet browsers or Req chat systems Irc,Msn,Icq,ect..

But, IE and Firefox are world Switchers...Kinda.

But seriously, What stupid advantage do I get? Personally, I love being able to see peoples stats, the built in timers, calcs, ect.

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got a presumtion that if the people of runescape keep on rioting like they are... world 81 27 etc.... that jagex will acctually try and make a comprimise with one of these third party clients... likey ss, make it offcial, and have it as the new link, jagex is only trying to protect runescape users... strider, the creator of ss will likely be apart of this merge, they will likely make an apropriate world switcher like ss as an official client...

theres that,

~boy power45

Naa if anything they will give the people black marks for spaming chat lol

really?... ok then

What is flooding the chat window?

Spamming/flooding the chat window is to fill the chat window with unnecessary text. This is also an offence and is disruptive and unfair on other players as it makes it more difficult for them to communicate and trade with each other.

Thats if u anoy them lol Altho im guessing they will ignore it for now.

I dont think they are in one of there jackass moods and will give a little as it probibly irritated a good number of people.

Sirhappy2002.png

Wait a sec...

Internet Explorer - Not made by Jagex = 3rd Party Client.

Mozilla Firefox - Not made by Jagex = 3rd Party Client.

So now they're going to ban me because I use Firefox?

Screw You Jagex...

-.- If u read what they said its directed at world switchers and the products contained there in.

This dont include Internet browsers or Req chat systems Irc,Msn,Icq,ect..

But, IE and Firefox are world Switchers...Kinda.

But seriously, What stupid advantage do I get? Personally, I love being able to see peoples stats, the built in timers, calcs, ect.

I think they consider the fact that u have them abilites and the others dont, unless they where to go and download that as well. I think they have started to atlest make some decent attempts at headway tho with there set up. The comment about the having to download somthing goes for IE as well u dont have to download to have that and the abilities to use that.

I do get where ur coming from tho lol this has been around a long time I think they should have stoped it long ago before its implimentation was so wide spread.

Sirhappy2002.png

I think they consider the fact that u have them abilites and the otehrs dont unless they where to go and download that as well. I think they have started to atlest make some decent attempts at headway thow with there set up.

I do get where ur coming from tho lol this has been around a long time I think they should have stoped it long ago before its implimentation was so wide spread.

Exactly, The stupid people in Jagex towers figured, If we just ignore it, This stupid little "problem" of World Switchers will go away. Now that it's big, The idiots decide that they should end it because "PEOPLE ARE CHEATING in SS IRC rooms". Jagex, get your head out of your but, people can still download mIRC. This is a load of bull cabbage...

Vitafides.jpeg

I think they consider the fact that u have them abilites and the otehrs dont unless they where to go and download that as well. I think they have started to atlest make some decent attempts at headway thow with there set up.

Exactly, The stupid people in Jagex towers figured, If we just ignore it, This stupid little "problem" of World Switchers will go away. Now that it's big, The idiots decide that they should end it because "PEOPLE ARE CHEATING in SS IRC rooms". Jagex, get your head out of your but, people can still download mIRC. This is a load of bull cabbage...

I completely agree. This new update is complete BS, its preposterous even. Over 50% of the TOTAL users use SS and if mass banning were to occur, Jagex would LOSE money, not gain it. SS is PERFECTLY SAFE and should be allowed. :?

mathisfun.png

I think there more or less using the whole "When RuneScape fansites are distributing programs on which 50% of the chat channels are being used to discuss breaking the rules or result in their own users being scammed, it's clear that our rules need revision! " as there catalyst to take out ss. I wondered for a long time why they didnt take it out. Now im wondering why they are. Ive not been on the SS channels so idk what all goes on there my guess is they think if they stop this then it would be less centralized for now? lol altho it would just be a temp stop gap.

Maybe they just want to drive the problem underground where only real tech Nerds can discuss cheating and stuff lol

Sirhappy2002.png

Just curious, what was "SS?" It just let you open up the screen for worlds that are full? You can do that easily without one, just find out what the URL is and put it into an HTML document....

Otherwise, what other features did it have? I never heard of the thing in my 2 years....

SS stands for SwiftSwitch. It's a 3rd party client hosted by zybez.net that has useful tools: easy, one click access to a world (with some limitations), highscores lookup, IRC chat, timers and counters, links to some price guides, skill guides, etc., a notepad, a to-do list, an easy way to take screenshots (F12 would just take a pic of the RS screen), an image uploader, and more.

My opinion? Bull. Why should Jagex care about the security of people's accounts? It's a person's own responsibility to secure his or her account. Next, is Jagex gonna tell us that we can't download any program, because there's a chance it has a keylogger? Come on, pushing this thing a little overboard, don'tcha think? :roll:

I think there more or less using the whole "When RuneScape fansites are distributing programs on which 50% of the chat channels are being used to discuss breaking the rules or result in their own users being scammed, it's clear that our rules need revision! " as there catalyst to take out ss. I wondered for a long time why they didnt take it out. Now im wondering why they are. Ive not been on the SS channels so idk what all goes on there my guess is they think if they stop this then it would be less centralized for now? lol altho it would just be a temp stop gap.

Maybe they just want to drive the problem underground where only real tech Nerds can discuss cheating and stuff lol

Nail hit on the head.

I KNOW they NEVER though SS would catch on, So they would allow it, and now that it's big, and i'm sure very FEW people are Downloading their Client, They are jealous, so how do you get rid of the competition? Hit them low and hard, Taking them out fully...

Vitafides.jpeg

Just curious, what was "SS?" It just let you open up the screen for worlds that are full? You can do that easily without one, just find out what the URL is and put it into an HTML document....

Otherwise, what other features did it have? I never heard of the thing in my 2 years....

SS stands for SwiftSwitch. It's a 3rd party client hosted by zybez.net that has useful tools: easy, one click access to a world (with some limitations), highscores lookup, IRC chat, timers and counters, links to some price guides, skill guides, etc., a notepad, a to-do list, an easy way to take screenshots (F12 would just take a pic of the RS screen), an image uploader, and more.

My opinion? Bull. Why should Jagex care about the security of people's accounts? It's a person's own responsibility to secure his or her account. Next, is Jagex gonna tell us that we can't download any program, because there's a chance it has a keylogger? Come on, pushing this thing a little overboard, don'tcha think? :roll:

Becuase since the game is directed towards children they feel its there responceabilty to make it as safe as possbile *they also probibly dont like kids parents harrasing them about there kid being a total ideot*. And its a multiple reason thing.

1)key logger issues

2) 50% of the chat channels are being used to discuss breaking the rules or result in their own users being scammed

3) The unfair advanage idea.

Them are the big 3 altho im sure theres more.

Sirhappy2002.png

BS! I'm not loading up another IE then typing in Runescape's adress, then opening up the highscores, then typing their name in, just to see their stats! How exactly will they find out? I'm still unclear on that.

sigforrooneyxu0.jpg

ÃÆââââ¬Ã¢Ã¢ââ¬Ã

Geez people, you act like they stat wiped you. Grow up, stop whining and move on. Focus on some things that have been needed in game for a long time instead that would add funtionality.

I hope to God they turn around and make an official client that's better than SS just so everyone who agreed with this decision can watch the complainers be complete hypocrits and say how great Jagex is. :roll:

tallest.jpeg

571st to 99 Fm Nov. 4 '06 - 315th to 99 Crafting Mar. 3 '07 - 3410th to 99 Fishing Sept. 18 '07

26378th to 99 Cooking Oct. 16 '07 -.- 99 Thieving Dec. 29 '07 - 1343rd to 99 Farming June 5 '08

1807th to 99 Agility Nov. 8 '08 - 3094th to 99 Smithing Feb. 14 '09

2012 total - 91 combat

Nail hit on the head.

I KNOW they NEVER though SS would catch on, So they would allow it, and now that it's big, and i'm sure very FEW people are Downloading their Client, They are jealous, so how do you get rid of the competition? Hit them low and hard, Taking them out fully...

lol Idk im sure even some jagex mods that have users used them for a while. but my guess is there working on there own system more and they want there efforts to be not in vain and at the same time to make people both a little safer and easyer to watch lol

Sirhappy2002.png

Geez people, you act like they stat wiped you. Grow up, stop whining and move on. Focus on some things that have been needed in game for a long time instead that would add funtionality.

I hope to God they turn around and make an official client that's better than SS just so everyone who agreed with this decision can watch the complainers be complete hypocrits and say how great Jagex is. :roll:

Don't you think it's a little unfair that a piece of software that only has lots of helpful Runescape-related links and programs is banned simply because Jagex sees competition and wants to protect accounts that don't need protection? Again, I'll say it: it's going a little overboard.

Really there only inforcing the rule they they really never enforced lol. For the longest time player mods where asking jagex weather or not to report SS and they would also get back a half [wagon] answer lol

They really should have done it sooner all I can do is guess they are working on somthing of there own to replace it.. or they are just plan anoyed with SS now and what all problems it could possibly bring in the future.

Sirhappy2002.png

Don't you think it's a little unfair that a piece of software that only has lots of helpful Runescape-related links and programs is banned simply because Jagex sees competition and wants to protect accounts that don't need protection? Again, I'll say it: it's going a little overboard.

No I don't think it's unfair. This has been an incredibly gray area for a long time and an eventual ruling one way or the other should not have come as a surprise to anyone. Sorry that's it's not convenient but I'm not going to sit here and complain since they widened a rule. It doesn't affect many people's enjoyablity in the least and it's nothing you can't learn to work around.

All of this is my own opinion so don't go quoting it as Tip.It policy.

tallest.jpeg

571st to 99 Fm Nov. 4 '06 - 315th to 99 Crafting Mar. 3 '07 - 3410th to 99 Fishing Sept. 18 '07

26378th to 99 Cooking Oct. 16 '07 -.- 99 Thieving Dec. 29 '07 - 1343rd to 99 Farming June 5 '08

1807th to 99 Agility Nov. 8 '08 - 3094th to 99 Smithing Feb. 14 '09

2012 total - 91 combat

Jagex has always claimed 3rd Party Clients ILLEGAL. Why now, when they just 'updated' a rule you complain like wild monkies!? SS was always illegal and you deserve what you got!

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Is it that hard to open up Runescape Client and look up someone else's stats?

Is it that hard to open up Internet Explorer, type in tip.it, and click Skill Guides/Calculators

Is it that hard to open up IRC?

Is it that hard to take a screenshot and crop it yourself?

Anything I missed? :roll:

Jagex has always claimed 3rd Party Clients ILLEGAL. Why now, when they just 'updated' a rule you complain like wild monkies!? SS was always illegal and you deserve what you got!
sorry but you are wrong. They were only illegal when it gave you an advantage ingame. It did not give you an advantage ingame. Therefore, it was not illegal, they just did not encourage the use of it.

sorry but you are wrong. They were only illegal when it gave you an advantage ingame. It did not give you an advantage ingame. Therefore, it was not illegal, they just did not encourage the use of it.

Actually it did give u an advantage but it wasnt enough for the longest time for them to do anything about for what i understand. But as of recently idk whats made them change there stance. All I can do is guess that they found somthing *appearntly with the chat* that they didnt like. So now its bye bye SS

Sirhappy2002.png

Is it that hard to open up Internet Explorer, type in tip.it, and click Skill Guides/Calculators

ScreenPrint 32 For the Win!!

On Topic:

How DOES it give us an advantage in game? :|

Vitafides.jpeg

Wow, pointless questions?

Is it hard to go to a store in RS to buy a knife? Why do I see people buying for 5k at banks?

Answer? It's easier.. it saves time. PEOPLE ARE LAZY.

Yes it gives us an advantage but not of these directly effect people in-game. Come up with some better reasons.

icecube7.jpeg

Wow, pointless questions?

Is it hard to go to a store in RS to buy a knife? Why do I see people buying for 5k at banks?

Answer? It's easier.. it saves time. PEOPLE ARE LAZY.

So what you're saying laziness is an OK thing? So what are you going to do after school, er, your mommy babysits you? You cant have a job, you're too lazy for it, your mommy will die and you cant hire a carekeeper because you're lazy.

If you're lazy on a game, clicking, then you have something very, very, very wrong with you.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Actually it did give u an advantage but it wasnt enough for the longest time for them to do anything about for what i understand. But as of recently idk whats made them change there stance. All I can do is guess that they found somthing *appearntly with the chat* that they didnt like. So now its bye bye SS

It did not help you ingame. Therefore it did not give advantages. It just condenced guides and things so they were closer together. Ingame, there were no advantages. The world switcher did not allow you to bypass the 30 second world switching limit. It just made it easier to get to the screen but you still had to wait as long as anybody to login.

There isn't much I can do about it. I'm just sad to see such a great program go to waste because some stupid kids told someone there passwords over IRC.