All discussion here: Jan 2, 2006 - Rule 7 and Rule 9 Updated

JIMMIE

I've never heard of SS until today, lol.

Anyways, I wouldn't try it even if it was still legal. Too many risks of getting hacked via. Trojan Horses with keyloggers built within. Also, you may choose to use tabbed browsing that comes with Firefox or the newest version of Internet Explorer, too. Have one tab with the RuneScape playing screen, on with Tip.it's calculators, and another one with the RuneScape main page or Tip.it forums. "Oh noes, I have to TRY to get into world 2? AAAAH!" Now you feel the frustration of non-SSers. \' As for the irc channles, access them the normal way, I know it's a hassle... :-w ...but yeah, you just have to deal with it. :wink:

Huh? I've been using a 2 tab browser for years I use Crazy Browser very good client but It will hardly run any toolbars because its unpopular 1 of the problems with 2 tab browsers is you can multi log I see my bro do it and try to report him

poketama1ak8.jpg

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has it died down yet... or is it still far from over?

If you mean in-game rioting, many many many people are still there. At least when I was at World 27 Falador 2 minutes ago.

icecube7.jpeg

Nothing wrong with SS imo...

Lame I think..

Your getting an unfair advantage over other players that login slower than you. Personally I'm glad Jagex have enforced this rule.

lol? we gain about 5 seconds by using the worlds on the side

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

As i read post it seems that there is two sides of people, ones that has own mind and understand what they are saying, and others who simply follows whatever someone else does.

To all those who don't understand nothing about key loggers and programing, you will blame everything that has some improvement over regular things. SS cannot steal passwords. Maybe you know but it has place where runescape is showing that this is nothing different than resized internet browser, and it does directly connect to runescape.com. Have fun and fear everything that is not put in golden plate with jagex sign next to it.

The only "unfair" advantage it gives is automatic checking if world has empty place for you. Technically this is not cheating, because you're not playing game at the time. Yes it helps people to join world 2 a little faster (they don't miss 20 empty spots), but if they can't type their login information quick enough, they will loose that spot. Does anyone see unfair advantage here?

Another thing about client is that it has extra utilities. Is that unfair advantage? If you think yes, then you should get out from tip.it as well because this side also gives immense unfair advantage in forms of guides, treasure trails and other help to players. If you don't use this information to play, you won't use those utilities either.

Jagex put point about IRC servers that has illegal activities going, this is not SS problem. Tip.it has irc server, there is tons of different server with different purposes, I'm usually using 2-3 different server (no runescape talks tho), also I'm using different IRC client that is easily accessible to download from internet.

I hope tip.it will keep this topic for 48 hours free of speech both for and against SS.

For those who wonder if I'm using SS, i would say it's not your problem what i do as long as it legal and i will not break rules to gain unfair advantage, however i think this is worst update ever because it limits our FREEDOM to choose how to play game.

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

As i read post it seems that there is two sides of people, ones that has own mind and understand what they are saying, and others who simply follows whatever someone else does.

To all those who don't understand nothing about key loggers and programing, you will blame everything that has some improvement over regular things. SS cannot steal passwords. Maybe you know but it has place where runescape is showing that this is nothing different than resized internet browser, and it does directly connect to runescape.com. Have fun and fear everything that is not put in golden plate with jagex sign next to it.

The only "unfair" advantage it gives is automatic checking if world has empty place for you. Technically this is not cheating, because you're not playing game at the time. Yes it helps people to join world 2 a little faster (they don't miss 20 empty spots), but if they can't type their login information quick enough, they will loose that spot. Does anyone see unfair advantage here?

Another thing about client is that it has extra utilities. Is that unfair advantage? If you think yes, then you should get out from tip.it as well because this side also gives immense unfair advantage in forms of guides, treasure trails and other help to players. If you don't use this information to play, you won't use those utilities either.

Jagex put point about IRC servers that has illegal activities going, this is not SS problem. Tip.it has irc server, there is tons of different server with different purposes, I'm usually using 2-3 different server (no runescape talks tho), also I'm using different IRC client that is easily accessible to download from internet.

I hope tip.it will keep this topic for 48 hours free of speech both for and against SS.

For those who wonder if I'm using SS, i would say it's not your problem what i do as long as it legal and i will not break rules to gain unfair advantage, however i think this is worst update ever because it limits our FREEDOM to choose how to play game.

I understand keyloggers, its happened to me before, many moons ago. There is NO WAY you can say SS is safer than traditionally logging on to Runescape, because its not. Downloading any third party programs runs the risk of them being infected with something, anything, harmful.

Tip.It gives us skill and quest guides, which is perfectly fine. However, SS makes it easier to switch worlds, THAT is directly interfering with Runescape itself. And as I said, a part (albeit small) of a culmination of loopholes in Runescape itself that people take advantage of. 3 years ago level 90 was something to be proud of. Nowadays, thanks to this, and other shortcut programs, that is no longer the case.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I know I already posted here but this is the post I created on the official forums.

I don't understand this update at all. With all due respect for Jagex and the mods involved in this; I read the FAQ and I still can't comprehend - if I decide to use a third-party client, I'm taking the risk of losing my account. I really don't need Jagex telling me what software I can and cannot use because it **MIGHT** protect me. With risk comes reward, I suppose.

The third-party clients really gave no advantage other than the compressed form of tools that a typical Runescaper might use. Instead of having a separate page for the highscores, one for mIRC (hope I'm allowed to say that - sorry in advance if I'm not), one for a text document to write down information, and one for a stopwatch, doesn't it just make more sense to have all these useful tools condensed into one easy-to-manage program?

I'm sorry, I just think Jagex is pushing a little too far in terms of protecting users' accounts. Jagex isn't liable for anything I do to my computer as a result of me playing Runescape and using certain software, so I see no problem in allowing such third-party software. This is just my view, and I'm not trying to offend anyone through means of this message.

Thanks to PC control combat lvl's are easy to gain, not because it's easier to switch worlds. Btw do you know that World Switcher are legal according to jagex, illegal is 3rd party add-ons (clients). Therefore if SS would do just switching world if would be legal, but now it has some extra tools.

SS is as safe as any other piece software that you download from internet without digital signature. People with some basic programing skills can add keyloger to SS client if they have access to source code, however they won't be able to put such package in official mirrors. So it does comes down to point how stupid people are and if they are careful about what they do on internet. It's time that people will take responsibility in their own hands and do not leave it to someones else will

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

Hi. I'm ZidaneCT. You may remember me from such rallies as "Oh noes! The Fatigue Update! Nature's Silent Killer..." or "Zomg! Grandma was killed by the Bear Graphic Update."

Now - as many of you must know - a riot of large scale is occuring on World 27 in Falador. It's packed with angry people, and some Jagex Mods.

But I got a solution! It's the "Anti-Riot Save the Trees and Down With Fatigue" action squad! We will get Jagex to save the trees, take down fatigue! We will make a difference! Come to Falador World 27 and meet me - and we shall spread the word! (Meet at the bridge in the Park)

~ZidaneCT

where r u... i wanna help

bppetrolsigfb6.png

Even on my death bed, I'll bare-hand that bloody shark.

Well said =D>

ChocoboT.jpeg

Let's make babies!

They can detect what we are using. :shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

They shoudn't ban third party clients. They warned us about it and we should do what we want with our accounts. We use SS at our own risks.

RIP SS :cry:

Thanks to PC control combat lvl's are easy to gain, not because it's easier to switch worlds. Btw do you know that World Switcher are legal according to jagex, illegal is 3rd party add-ons (clients). Therefore if SS would do just switching world if would be legal, but now it has some extra tools.

SS is as safe as any other piece software that you download from internet without digital signature. People with some basic programing skills can add keyloger to SS client if they have access to source code, however they won't be able to put such package in official mirrors. So it does comes down to point how stupid people are and if they are careful about what they do on internet. It's time that people will take responsibility in their own hands and do not leave it to someones else will

:thumbsup: =D>

Perfectly Stated.

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

Well I think this update is bogus. it stinks. RIP SS.

Anyway, I ran out to Ice Plateau in Level 52 Wild too see what was going on there and I ran into Trojann2 and Cdub Foo. They both tried killing me, but I got muted today #-o so I couldn't hyt them lol. Then Trojann died.

trojannxa9.png

Heres some shots from world 27. Jagex Mod Jolley was there. :ohnoes: It was pretty funny because He got the frog random and was turned into a frog, I didn't know J Mods could get randoms. :-k

savessagainny6.png

modjolleylolbp2.png

modjolleylol2ym0.png

riotjd7.png

Lol Mod Jolley claims the message query's are not automated.

jolleytelllsuntruthtt9.png

I have other shots I just don't have time to post them.

grammar2gr8dx.png

reportsigvj6.png

Old Runescape Character: Izup69 combat level 98 hacked by some idiot.

glad to see ss gone, it made rs a bit too unfair in a way, easily getting onto world 2 and etc.. i even bet he was planning to hack all of rs whenever he decided to quit. at least jagex has new sensors that will automatically ban ss users, yay jagex

If I could punch you in the face I would. We dont get into world 2 any easier then anyone else... If the worlds full we have to keep refreshing it as well. That comment doesnt even compare to your next though. Strider is a good guy, and for him to do something like that would shock thousands of people. If by some chance his personality is jsut an act, well, he deserves some kind of reward.

Torlen.png

glad to see ss gone, it made rs a bit too unfair in a way, easily getting onto world 2 and etc.. i even bet he was planning to hack all of rs whenever he decided to quit. at least jagex has new sensors that will automatically ban ss users, yay jagex

All ss did for getting in world 2 was kept trying for you, instead of you having to keep trying. Of course, I still greatly preferred just bookmarking world 2 in internet explorer :wink:

Unfortunately, the bookmark doesn't work in firefox, so whenever I have to go to world 2 I have to stop using it :?

And your comment about Strider was completely uncalled for, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with making a 3rd party world switching client before the rule update today, and ss was a great, safe program that lots of people used.

*EDIT* LOL I didn't even notice the guy before me posted just about the same thing...still, banning 3rd party clients is a right JaGEx has, but that doesn't mean the people who created them when they were legal are all evil... :shame:

Blooblyblobl.gif

Legends quest completed at lvl 47 on X Legendre X

#3056 to 99 firemaking, achieved on July 4th, 2007.

Tied for #1854 to 99 farming, achieved on September 3rd, 2008.

If I could punch you in the face I would. We dont get into world 2 any easier then anyone else... If the worlds full we have to keep refreshing it as well. That comment doesnt even compare to your next though. Strider is a good guy, and for him to do something like that would shock thousands of people. If by some chance his personality is jsut an act, well, he deserves some kind of reward.

The community is still better with it gone. Jagex has my backing throughout all of this.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Mods, if morons are going to try to defame the character of Strider in this thread, it should be locked!! That is way off base! He is one of the finest people I've come across on the internet - patient, forthright, and honest as the day is long. That type of talk, directed at an individual, is completely out of line. All he's done is create (and maintain) a beautiful browser to help people enjoy playing a game. And all for very little (if any) reward. Sheesh!

What I'm reading here is a lot of nonsense how it's not easier to get into server 2 or to do certain things. Well, let me tell you:

Please use SS before you talk about what it does. It just retries to connect with the world every 5 seconds until it is open(btw it is faster to refresh by clicking)

I call every five seconds faster than pressing F5. Especially when you really can't press F5; you have to wait on that empty 20 users to appear in server 2 with the arrow refresh trick. If you blink or sneeze and accidentally press that button, it'll be gone for a half hour. Even then it'll take you another half hour to get in.

On top of this, people seem to fail to realise that Jagex has had the "no third party" rule in effect for quite some time. Why is this just now coming to everyone as a shock?

You can debate with me that it was legal and all this stuff, even show me the screenshots of the maker asking Customer Support. I've seen that, and even then didn't believe that it could be legal; after all it was still third party. You can even argue on the premise that all it did (or all that you used it for) was the switch feature. It is still third party. You can even dare to argue that you used it just for the IRC. If you wanted to, you could just download mIRC separately (in fact I've recommended that to a number of people in my IRC channel), and you would be within legality. But if you didn't, it would still be a third party client with a feature that was obviously not intended to be within the original RuneScape client. You can even debate with me that it did not give you an advantage. Oh sure, you may not call having guides, calculators and an IRC client open in the exact same window an advantage...but I sure do.

Right now, what matters is what the rules say right now. Arguing semantics about the past is both pointless and a waste of time. Jagex's policies are subject to change (without notice), so you can either live with it or stop playing quietly.

(By quietly I mean people that say "Jagex is going to lose money over this!"; say that and I'd buy 6 months of membership to make up for your loss.)

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Absolute W*nk*rs (pardon the french). If people think that SS was an unfair advantage than use it stop [bleep]ING about it! Seriously!

I'm just glad I've quit and I don't have to put up with Jagex's crap anymore, which has been going on for the last couple of years now, after they've made it a 7 year olds habitat, and treated everyone else, like we're that age!

Shame on You Jagex. You've shot yourself in the foot once again, when it comes to Customer Relations. :roll: