All discussion here: Jan 2, 2006 - Rule 7 and Rule 9 Updated

JIMMIE

To the above, ss is for lazy people..They only use it so they can hop fast and save 20 secs loading the highscores from the rs site.

And off topic (unless deliberate) your sig is horribly contradicting

Okay, seriously, lol of you.. SS doesn't have anything to do with lazyness. It is, as muggi said, a tool, which makes RS easier to play. Excuse us for using an advantage. Who wouldn't?

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is this?!

Jagex reverses their decision to say that 3rd party clients are allowed but ONLY IF they conform to these rules?

And I thought Kerry was a waffle. Lookie what we have here.

Well that was a kick in the teeth for me. The first update that actually does them good as a company and they reverse it. They're off to a great start in the year now...

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Personally I think it is clear from the amount of rioting that occured that those 3rd party softwares must give some form of ingame advantage and are hence still and always will be against rule 7.

(The very first line: You must not use other programs to gain an unfair advantage in the game)

Guest Exkarotis

Its convinient I know but what I'm trying to say is whats done is done and get over it, it wasn't that great anyway.

SS is illegal to use right now, you don't like that then go whine to your mother about how you have to wait an extra minute to get into a world or you have to open another page to look someone up in the highscores. Grow up and learn that not everything can go the way you want it to.

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

Grow up and learn that not everything can go the way you want it to.

I sure wish that the protesters had heard that...

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg

To the above, ss is for lazy people..They only use it so they can hop fast and save 20 secs loading the highscores from the rs site.

Okay, seriously, lol of you.. SS doesn't have anything to do with lazyness. It is, as muggi said, a tool, which makes RS easier to play. Excuse us for using an advantage. Who wouldn't?

Thats against one of the stupid rules of jagex, you can't have an advantage over other people who don't know/don't want to use SS.

<.< :wall:

2nddraftqt6.jpg

Join the sodb now!

Thanks to misterxman for the great avatar!

You can go and torture them, whip them, and pull their teeth out with a rusty spoon. But if they don't want to hear it they will refuse. The ss "fans" are making it more difficult then this needs to be. Once again I say, GROW THE [bleep] UP.

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

SS is illegal to use right now, you don't like that then go whine to your mother about how you have to wait an extra minute to get into a world or you have to open another page to look someone up in the highscores. Grow up and learn that not everything can go the way you want it to.

I don't always have that "extra minute" to look up someone in highscores when they're about to attack me in wilderness or challenge a different opponent in the duel arena. Nobody is complaining about how they won't be able to use SS until this weekend when it becomes legal.

77yLQy8.png

You can go and torture them, whip them, and pull their teeth out with a rusty spoon. But if they don't want to hear it they will refuse. The ss "fans" are making it more difficult then this needs to be. Once again I say, GROW THE [bleep] UP.

well said

bppetrolsigfb6.png

Even on my death bed, I'll bare-hand that bloody shark.

Thats against one of the stupid rules of jagex, you can't have an advantage over other people who don't know/don't want to use SS.

It's not an in-game advantage.

77yLQy8.png

I don't always have that "extra minute" to look up someone in highscores when they're about to attack me in wilderness or challenge a different opponent in the duel arena. Nobody is complaining about how they won't be able to use SS until this weekend when it becomes legal.

whats the time and day where u are? so i can determine when my weekend is... lol this entire argument is funny...

bppetrolsigfb6.png

Who cares all this discussion is boring.

Lol, typical well thought out, structured post, displaying all the intellect of a primitive orangutan :P

Lol :thumbsup:

I'll try SS out when it becomes legal: probably saterday...

99AgilitySignature-1.jpg

QP cape (20 october 2007)

It's not an in-game advantage.

^ true.

I would rather continue using SS than all the stupid configurations of MIRC & IE Runescape ... or MIRC and Runescape Client... Its just stupid.

2nddraftqt6.jpg

Join the sodb now!

Thanks to misterxman for the great avatar!

after this intire dibarkel... alomost everyone knows what "no ss no rss or save ss or ss 4 lyfe" would mean... its there choice, they can use it or dont... therefore they are hampering themselves to this advantage... which isnt really an advantage.... well is but anyway

bppetrolsigfb6.png

The complainers about the complainers are worse. Now i will complain about the complainers of the complaining.

SS makes it easier, that doesn't mean people are lazy. Do you use your TV remote as a pose to switching channels on the TV. Of course you do.

SS won't hack people if you download the official one. WHy would they sacrifice their reputations and the possibility of a legal suit over it. They wouldn't.

and SS users Jagex are not trying to annoy you, they are trying to make your accounts safe. They don't wake up in the mornings and think of ways to screw people over.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Guest Exkarotis
lol and all the mod were saying this will get you know where.... look what happened... well ppl.... u can use ss again!

Your an idiot. Ss is not legal now.

And Muggi, I wasn't trying to be pedantic :-s

I must say it is pathetic that Jagex changes their mind just like this. Does not say a lot for them.

Large masses of idiotic "protestors" spamming and evading the censor should not justify "constructive criticism".

Very disappointed with Jagex's choice today.

SS makes it easier, that doesn't mean people are lazy. Do you use your TV remote as a pose to switching channels on the TV. Of course you do.

excelent example!!!!!!

bppetrolsigfb6.png

Large masses of idiotic "protestors" spamming and evading the censor should not justify "constructive criticism".

Finally found another decent sig quote.

------

Listening to the masses of players that were protesting isn't anywhere close to constructive. What happened to the days of old, when Rule 7 was enforced so strictly that more than half of the players were banned for that particular rule...?

s1L0U.jpg

lol and all the mod were saying this will get you know where.... look what happened... well ppl.... u can use ss again!

OMG YOU DONT HAVE TO CALL ME AN IDIOT OVER THIS!!! LOL :XD:

bppetrolsigfb6.png

I must say it is pathetic that Jagex changes their mind just like this. Does not say a lot for them.

Very disappointed with Jagex's choice today.

You've got to be kidding. This gave me alot more respect for Jagex. In the past, they have no listened to what people want and just throw it off. This time, they actually took the time to listen and are willing to compromise on the subject. It shows that the company is maybe, finally growing up. If a company is not going to listen to what the people have to say then they aren't going to satisfy the collective minds of the people, and the collective minds said that SS should be allowed and so it was done.

GOOD JOB JAGEX :D

On the topic of the modification update. The only real reason I could see that Jagex has against it was the IRC client. People were giving out there passwords and getting hacked. I think the IRC client will be removed or modified but I cant see anything else that would be changed.

On the SS news, Strider says that he will change SS to make it legal, so :P to you