All discussion here: Jan 2, 2006 - Rule 7 and Rule 9 Updated

JIMMIE

I must say it is pathetic that Jagex changes their mind just like this. Does not say a lot for them.

Large masses of idiotic "protestors" spamming and evading the censor should not justify "constructive criticism".

Very disappointed with Jagex's choice today.

I think it is great that Jagex did listen to the scapers.

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say it is pathetic that Jagex changes their mind just like this. Does not say a lot for them.

Large masses of idiotic "protestors" spamming and evading the censor should not justify "constructive criticism".

Their decision wasn't based on the idiotic protesters, it was based on the people who did offer constructive criticism.

77yLQy8.png

Finally found another decent sig quote.

------

Listening to the masses of players that were protesting isn't anywhere close to constructive. What happened to the days of old, when Rule 7 was enforced so strictly that more than half of the players were banned for that particular rule...?

When those people started spamming and swearing immediately temporary bans should have been placed on anyone who talked recently. then they should have weeded through everything banning all of those people who broke the rules. If you were there and did not do anything, I DON'T CARE. Ever heard one of Aesop's fables? No? let me tell you a particular one:

There was a farmer whose crops were being eaten and destroyed. So one day he set up a trap and catches a bunch of ravens, in the bunch there was also a stork. The stork pleaded for his life saying he had a family and friends, and that he didn't do anything. The farmer responded with "You were in there company, so you will receive the same fate as they do".

Now that isn't perfect, word for word copy of the fable, but I hope you get the gist of it. If you were stupid enough to go down there with those people then you should have at least been temp punished.

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

------

Listening to the masses of players that were protesting isn't anywhere close to constructive. What happened to the days of old, when Rule 7 was enforced so strictly that more than half of the players were banned for that particular rule...?

When those people started spamming and swearing immediately temporary bans should have been placed on anyone who talked recently. then they should have weeded through everything banning all of those people who broke the rules. If you were there and did not do anything, I DON'T CARE. Ever heard one of Aesop's fables? No? let me tell you a particular one:

There was a farmer whose crops were being eaten and destroyed. So one day he set up a trap and catches a bunch of ravens, in the bunch there was also a stork. The stork pleaded for his life saying he had a family and friends, and that he didn't do anything. The farmer responded with "You were in there company, so you will receive the same fate as they do".

Now that isn't perfect, word for word copy of the fable, but I hope you get the gist of it. If you were stupid enough to go down there with those people then you should have at least been temp punished.

Yeah, the people going to join/witness the protest knew or should have known of the possible consequences. :-w

77yLQy8.png

this intire thing really is stupid... seriously...

Then quit posting here :P

having said that im enjoying it heh heh heh :D

bppetrolsigfb6.png

Even on my death bed, I'll bare-hand that bloody shark.

SS makes it easier, that doesn't mean people are lazy. Do you use your TV remote as a pose to switching channels on the TV. Of course you do.

I don't, i lost my remote ::'

My Blog

2 Visage Drops.

Over 1800 Castle Wars Tickets..

110715145129.png

Errr.png

------

wow talk about a Totalitarianist tactic. I'll make this plain and simple for all to understand:

SS was NOT illegal before the rules were modified.

Jagex changed there mind, it is still illegal currently

Strider is working on an update for the program (due out this weekend) which will be legal.

Jagex would not deal out bans to people for protesting and ranting. They have a rants board for a reason. I'm glad that Jagex listened.

wow talk about a Totalitarianist tactic. I'll make this plain and simple for all to understand:

Strider is working on an update for the program (due out this weekend) which will be legal.

Jagex would not deal out bans to people for protesting and ranting. They have a rants board for a reason. I'm glad that Jagex listened.

I am not talking about the rants board, I am talking about all the "@@@@@@@@@@@@SAVE SWIFT SWITCH@@@@@@@@" that happened on World 81 and 26(or 27). That was purely spam and spamming is reportable.

"]doughnutt.jpg

i respected their decision to work with people that don't protest, and try to figure out another way to fix the problem.

I don't see how this could be in any way pathetic.

I am not talking about the rants board, I am talking about all the "@@@@@@@@@@@@SAVE [ClientsNotAllowed]@@@@@@@@" that happened on World 81 and 26(or 27). That was purely spam and spamming is reportable.

true...

bppetrolsigfb6.png

Even on my death bed, I'll bare-hand that bloody shark.

Wow, I can't believe they changed it.

I guess that the mass protests on 27 and 81, as well as the massive amount of anger on every RS forum (especially the official one) probably had something to do with it.

Kudos to Strider, who I think negotiated the changes that had to be made to SS to make it legal again.

Who knew that massive, roudy rioting in the streets of RuneScape actually worked. :?

I'm not sure if that bodes good or bad for the future of the game. Interesting implications anyway...

Guest Exkarotis

So..this strider is gonna change ss so that it will be legal? Has jagex confirmed this?

no but apparent "strider" has

Well surely the people saying that its legal now are wrong?

It'll only be legal when jagex confirm that strider made it legal

So..this strider is gonna change ss so that it will be legal? Has jagex confirmed this?

From what I understand Jagex will not officially announce that SS is legal, it will just have to follow their guidelines. This whole problem could be solved rather easily if Jagex would support fan sites instead of trying to minimize them. :roll:

"]doughnutt.jpg

Guest Exkarotis

From what I understand Jagex will not officially announce that SS is legal, it will just have to follow their guidelines. This whole problem could be solved rather easily if Jagex would support fan sites instead of trying to minimize them. :roll:

Ah. Thanks.

well now that SS WILL be legal (in a week or so) , does that mean that Tip.it will change there stance on ppl posting pictures with SS in it?

just a question, i was wondering

Ah. Thanks.

he has to update to meet the guide lines then it will be 100% legal

http://kbase.runescape.com/lang/en/aff/runescape/viewarticle.ws?article_id=2933

atm it is like 90% legal he just has to update to meet the guide lines then it is legal all the way

a91e22ec.gif
Aefx(started 11/1/2002) Cb: 200 TS: 1900+
Bmms--Jr(Started on 1/24/06)(Banned 11/13/09 ) Cb: 119(pre-eoc) TS: 1700+
Bmms(Started 8/?/2001)(Banned 1/24/06 ) Cb: 101(pre-eoc) TS: 1350+

Rule 7 and Rule 9 Updated (again!)

Following yesterday's update to Rule 7 and Rule 9 , we have tweaked them both a bit more - to take into account some constructive feedback and thoughts we've had on the matter. Thanks to the people who have been helping us get these right rather than just ranting at us! Particularly our thanks to Strider. We believe the latest revision is still just as good at protecting our users, which is very important to us, but is also less restrictive (which is also important to us!). Please take the time to re-read both rules and make sure you fully understand them. Thanks.

Of course, having said all that we should remind everyone that downloading third party RuneScape programs is potentially extremely dangerous and still not at all recommended. Please be aware that there are programs out there which claim to be a cool RuneScape add-on, but actually install a keylogger on your computer and steal your password! You should also be aware that there are such programs around that won't necessarily be spotted by your anti-virus software. Scanning downloads is, of course, a very good idea but it still doesn't 100% eliminate the risk.

Is it legal or illegal? Hard to tell from this.

mcguff1.png

To me SS was a good and bad thing (never used it) ppl liked it and some ppl got scammed through it... so good and bad.. I think it must've been more on the bad side for it was against the rules..
Only the idiots got hacked from it. And they got hacked in the same manner they would have ingame. Giving away there password on IRC.