All discussion here: Jan 2, 2006 - Rule 7 and Rule 9 Updated

JIMMIE

And now it's time for... Another Wolfy's Thought On the Matter! This week, the concern of third party clients, and the revisal made by Jagex!

Welcome, to this weeks Wolfy's Thought On the Matter!

To make it simple, it's stupid that this SS was brought back, it makes sensible people (like me) Who want to get into FULL WORLDS almost impossible! I ca spend up to 15 minutes waiting to get in, whereas these people using this "SS" can get in instantly. I find it annoying and pathetic. Though I am glad that Jagex was gotten to, not by that ranting and spamming of world 27, and by the mature players who truly talked to them on the issue. All we need now? Is for the owner(s) of SS to steal all those peoples accounts! And who'd be laughing then? Jagex. They'd reserve the right to say "haha, we were right, we should have kept it banned, hope they all learned their lesson!" Anyhow, that's concluding another week of Wolfy's Thought On the Matter!

ROFL your an idoit Strider is rich in RS and he doesn't even play runescape so he doesn't need to steal accounts you my friend are lame -.-

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is SS allowed now? i might try it out if its legal

Apparently there's one or two minor things that don't work with it. I might go back to using it (Did over a year ago, then it didn't work on here, but I fixed the problem ;)) once it's made legal.

Quote from Paul on RS forums...

These are our guidelines for making a legal to use piece of third party software.

The main 3rd party program in question is closer to following these guidelines than some - but there are some changes needed to it yet - till it's allowed to be used.

------------------

* When viewing a free world on a computer display with a resolution higher than 800 x 600, the game pane should default to at least 710 pixels high, and must not be able to scroll vertically. I.e. the game pane must be displayed in such a way that both the game and advert are fully visible at the same time (otherwise it encourages users to break Rule 11).

* The program should not allow worlds marked as 'FULL' on the world select page to be selected (otherwise it encourages users to break Rule 7 - unfair advantage).

* If the program has its own integrated chat feature separate from the RuneScape chat, it should make it very clear to users that this chat is not part of RuneScape and is not official, endorsed or moderated by Jagex in any way. Furthermore, this chat should still be moderated (just not by us), and the moderators should not allow chat which infringes our rules of conduct. All the rules are important, but in particular if Rule 3 or Rule 9 are regularly breached on the external chat, the program will be considered to endanger users or encourage rule breaking. To avoid confusion with the official RuneScape chat, moderators of the external chat should not be indicated with a silver or gold crown. If the chat is IRC based, then the program should only allow access to IRC channels which conform with the above.

* The program should not contain adverts or links to websites which encourage rule breaking or endanger users.

We may update this list from time to time to keep it current, hence this is not intended to be an exhaustive list, simply some things to think about. In general, for the program to be allowed for users to use under Rule 7, it must not do anything which encourages rules breaking or endangers users.

-------------------------------

This means that SS is still banned

99AgilitySignature-1.jpg

QP cape (20 october 2007)

Pretty weak from jagex.. changed thier rules couse thier players wanted it..

They couln'd handle it.

No i think it's pretty weak of jagex to change the rules again and act like everything is back ok, but it isn't...

99AgilitySignature-1.jpg

To clarify, we do not endorse ANY third party programs, all we are saying is that you will not be punished for using a program that complies with ALL of the rules.

What Mod Luke posted on offical forums, I think ss is ok with the rules.

To clarify, we do not endorse ANY third party programs, all we are saying is that you will not be punished for using a program that complies with ALL of the rules.

that makes it clearer thanks :D

wishkahbanks.gif

No it isn't,

as far as i know, you can acces worlds which are actually full, and you can advertise other sites in the chat, and so on...

and advertising isn't allowed...

99AgilitySignature-1.jpg

And now it's time for... Another Wolfy's Thought On the Matter! This week, the concern of third party clients, and the revisal made by Jagex!

Welcome, to this weeks Wolfy's Thought On the Matter!

To make it simple, it's stupid that this SS was brought back, it makes sensible people (like me) Who want to get into FULL WORLDS almost impossible! I ca spend up to 15 minutes waiting to get in, whereas these people using this "SS" can get in instantly. I find it annoying and pathetic. Though I am glad that Jagex was gotten to, not by that ranting and spamming of world 27, and by the mature players who truly talked to them on the issue. All we need now? Is for the owner(s) of SS to steal all those peoples accounts! And who'd be laughing then? Jagex. They'd reserve the right to say "haha, we were right, we should have kept it banned, hope they all learned their lesson!" Anyhow, that's concluding another week of Wolfy's Thought On the Matter!

ROFL your an idoit Strider is rich in RS and he doesn't even play runescape so he doesn't need to steal accounts you my friend are lame -.-

+1..

SS doesn't get you into full worlds faster. The only thing better in this case is, that you only have to click on the world (w2 ex.) and then wait for it to be not-full. It refreshes every 5 seconds which means refreshing in normal RS would actually be faster since you can click yourself. All that SS does, in this case, is saving you from the "hard" part of continues refresh-clicking.

And no, Strider wont scam/hack SS users..

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.

No it isn't,

as far as i know, you can acces worlds which are actually full, and you can advertise other sites in the chat, and so on...

and advertising isn't allowed...

you cant access full worlds though it places you in a queue admittedly its faster than normal but it dosent enter you into a full world

wishkahbanks.gif

But Andrew has said on the Forums that we have to wait for the next SS Update before it is legal

There was a new SS Update today..

And Fire: Look at my previous post; SS lets you click on a full world, but not log in until it is free.

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.

But Andrew has said on the Forums that we have to wait for the next SS Update before it is legal

There was a new SS Update today..

And Fire: Look at my previous post; SS lets you click on a full world, but not log in until it is free.

oh ok, but that isn't allowed either i think

99AgilitySignature-1.jpg

Let's brush aside the angst for the rule reversal, i am wondering what does this mean for the tipit stance towards 3rd party clients?

Now that there is guidelines for 3rd party clients, does it implies that JaGex is offering a sort of 'amnesity' and 'official sanction' for 3rd party clients? Furthermore, does it mean tipit's position towards them will soften? Or God forbid, does this mean tipit will consider making its own client for the benefit of our user base?

JaGex is opening a can of warms!

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

Let's brush aside the angst for the rule reversal, i am wondering what does this mean for the tipit stance towards 3rd party clients?

It now looks like there is a sort of 'official sanction' from JaGex for 3rd party clients, does that mean tipit's position towards them will soften? Or even more, does this mean tipit will consider making its own client for the benefit of our user base?

JaGex is opening a can of warms!

I know..they pretty much messed up..

After the latest update Jagex have made to their official RuneScape rules 7 and 9, SwiftSwitch will once again be legal. I say will because there are certain changes that need to be made to make SwiftSwitch 100% legal.

Everyone can expect an update out sometime this weekend. Till then you are free to use the current SwiftSwitch as it has been made clear to me that no one is in danger of getting banned, nor has anyone been banned directly for using SwiftSwitch.

I want to thank everyone for showing an overwhelming amount of support. I was stoked to see just how much support everyone was giving, it definitely makes my job alot easier.

Also a big thanks to Jagex, they could of easily left things the way they were and SwiftSwitch could still be banned. Instead they have been very responsive to the communities outcry and come up with a way achieve what they originally set out to do with the rule changes but still allow decent, rule abiding World Switchers/Toolkits like SwiftSwitch to remain.

that is from Strider3282 himself

excellent news

Pretty weak from jagex.. changed thier rules couse thier players wanted it..

They couln'd handle it.

No i think it's pretty weak of jagex to change the rules again and act like everything is back ok, but it isn't...

Purely out of curiousity, why do you 2 think that jagex changing the rules back is a bad thing? I think the players SHOULD be the ones deciding which rules should be made and which should not, as in the end it is the players paying jagex' paychecks.

I actually logged in yesterday solely to see what was going on when a friend of mine msn'ed me telling me that rs had banned ss and that people were litterally rioting. I was not dissapointed :mrgreen: If people got that upset with jagex for banning SS, don't you think that it would make sense for them to unban it? It's, not being weak, it's being decent.

Quit runescape, now playing EVE-Online(Mail Cambarus and say hi :mrgreen: )

Seriously people who are whining about not being able to use SS are extremely lazy. SS doesn't make you switch worlds any faster (unless you have extremely slow internet speed). The only thing SS helps with is when you switch worlds you dont have to go to the list of worlds and maybe if you want to go into a full world. There are maybe 10 worlds that are always full? If everybody is making such a big deal about that then once again, they are extremely lazy and shouldn't be making such a fuss about it. I admit IRC chat and the SS tools are useful but you could do the same thing on a website and it would take about a minute longer.

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg