F2p Mage Proposal *Read it now!* 105 supporters!!!!

Komodoman360

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well...im a p2p and i support but....i doubt jagex will do it....you still have my support and maybe an addition :thumbsup: ....

like melee is mostly metal armour and f2p have all metal armour (does not include weapons) except dragon and same for range-rangers best armour in f2p is green dhide armour while members have blue red and black dhide

so the way i see it they can do something like 4 new sets of mystic and only the lowest type would be f2p i think its a better idea...and dont flame me if you dont think the same

by the way add me to the last as flava falcon or flava0falcon either works

dragonmghost,flava%20falcon.gif

support new ghostly stuff here.

I see RuneScape slowly turning into a sadistic version of WoW.

.signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you If

those robes are sweet but if they ever where added they would be members. dont get me wrong i still remeber what being F2P was like and i could never go back to it lol but this will never happen and its to drag you to members lol if i where you id just be thankful that the current mage robes arent removed and rune armor and green dragonhide isnt taken of F2P forever and locked into members. and really if this is such a big problem, switch to melee or ranged they cost less

(P.S. those robes are really good though thats a good idea lol but its a dieing arguement)

PNUTBUTASLAP!

bannerkc5.png

kakawcopyfg2.png

im sorry, but that is exactly something that should NOT be added. f2p is a trial version of the game. if you want more become a member and stop begging. nuff said
First up, trial versions have time limits. Therefore, F2P is no trial. Next, if they didn't care about their beloved combat triangle, they would not have updated F2P rangers with new things. Now the Mages are left in the dust. They cannot hold their own against the melee they are meant to be able to.

dont get me wrong i still remeber what being F2P was like and i could never go back to it lol but this will never happen and its to drag you to members lol if i where you id just be thankful that the current mage robes arent removed and rune armor and green dragonhide isnt taken of F2P forever and locked into members.
First up, that is one big sentence. Now, they would not remove rune, since this game is based around rune. And removing rune destroys the purpose of dragon slayer, so that might as well be removed, too. As for dragonhide, they just added it not too long ago, so removing it would be awfully stupid of them.

and really if this is such a big problem, switch to melee or ranged they cost less
That solves nothing. Without a proper combat triangle, melee wins against everybody. That is not the way Jagex wanted it, in F2P or P2P.

Not to offend you or anything, the points you raise seem very fair and the deal would be very reasonable but Jagex would never make something member's non-member's because somewhere along the line someone is going to start complaining plus Jagex wants you to pay, so reasonable deal but not going to happen.

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

Not to offend you or anything, the points you raise seem very fair and the deal would be very reasonable but Jagex would never make something member's non-member's because somewhere along the line someone is going to start complaining plus Jagex wants you to pay, so reasonable deal but not going to happen.
They have done it before. Green Dragonhide, Bows up to Maple and Arrows to Adamant. The reason? Range was highly underpowered, at higher levels especially. Now Magic is the underpowered one in F2P. Why? They can only hit up to 16, and can barely defend themselves. They are range a couple of years ago.

there, im deleteing this because the idiot noob who made this doesnt realize that the f2p dosent get any updates BECAUSE they DONT pay for them. *sigh* noobs :notalk:

and did ANYONE notice this

and its a good idea, they can have it when they pay for it!!!!

i said its good, fn noob didnt see that and just went and called ME a noob, when hes F2P the noobs of all RS, can even afford $5 poor noobs :notalk: *sigh*

stealthisandikillyoucc3.gif

^Click for my Newgrounds page!

Jedrek13.png

F2p mages should get a new armour set, but not 2. As well as, don't ever try to suggest a member feature become f2p. All the people who are paying and using that feature will be mighty pissed, so just suggest brand new f2p things.

I half support this.

happysigbp0.jpg

my 2nd responce to this....is probably still the same....

now to get ghostly robes you need the ring of visibility and the amulet of ghostspeek. both of those are obtainable after one members quest and one f2p quest. the members quest is quite difficult (desert treasure) and it would become unfair if some one were to be able to get the robes just by money or skills. i think you have to go through the labor of the quest in order to acheive the robes.

how would you feel if you just completed dragon slayer and about 2 days later jagex releases an update saying that the rune plate can now be worn by any one! all you have to have is the defence requirement.

and some one said that the economic system WOULDNT skyrocket after i posted my first post. the truth is it would. because if you just buy the mystic robes for say about 350k in the mages guild (i dont buy from the mage guild) and the price for mystic robes in f2p is aprox. 900k because of how much better it is than the best f2p mage robes.

now to take the side of the devil.

i do agree that there should be some sort of new mage robes for f2ps but i guess im just a little touchy about members robes because i had to pay to use those robes and if some one were to get those robes for free would just be proposterious in my opinion. you guys did kinda get this new show-offy trimmed mage robes but its not all that great with bonuses (i knew the best combination for f2p robes but its long forgotten now)

but i have to take into account that if f2p gets new robes so does p2p so it makes the world go round i guess. so in any case i should be happy about that.... \'

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I don't have time to read through all pages, but I've always thought it strange that they don't have a Blue Wizard Skirt available F2P or P2P. Adding that to both would at least complete a basic mage outfit!

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL

txlnghorns22 wrote:

yes i realize you think im being rude but its the truth, you don tpay you dont get, if jagex makes you hate f2p so badly you want to get p2p they just did there job. f2p is suppose to make you want p2p. Your just being ignorant by wanting things you dont deserve.

and about how you cant afford it, thats a lazy excuse. If you can afford a computer and pay a monthly bill for internet you can afford 5 dollars a month. And if by some reason you couldnt i could think of lots of things that could earn you 5 dollars a month even if you werent old enough for a real job...

there you go! we PAY for our updates! if some little 11 year old kid cant get some chores to get $5 a month to pay for it then he shouldent be playing RS neways! $5 a month is NOTHING! and yes, if they can afford the $40something for interweb, $500ish for a computer, how ever much for electricity to run the computer THAN THEY SHOULDENT BE PLAYING! theyd b poor! i cant even begin to put into words how f2p should get ANYTHING EVER!

and its a good idea, they can have it when they pay for it!!!!

There really was no need to post there, but anyways...

1. you sound very foolish and selfish.

2. Not everyones parents pay them for doing chores, some of them actually expect their children to work as a citizen of the family and household

3. It's internet, not interweb, I can't stand it when people say that

4. For some people, $5.00 a month is something. Especially with how gas prices are going. they can't possibly be going up only in the u.s.

5. for those of you who posted this as a concern, I'm not proposing multiple mage updates, those are just different options, only one to be chosen, and also, I've bee meaning to remove ghostly robes from the list

Also, I have to give some people (*hem*, zaaps)

6. I'm finally back, after a long time, mostly because of school

sigs066.gifLUIGI IS AWESOME

supportrobesze8.png

I'll agree that they need new armor... but no capes/gloves/boots. Just a new hat top and bottom, slightly stronger than the wizard robe (30/30). Mages are already pretty strong enough they don't need new spells. Just new armor will do fine. And I agree, bind sucks, give them snare too. But that's about it...

linkdg0.jpg

Check out my blog! (Click the image)

Thanks to Stalesoul for the sig!

yes i realize you think im being rude but its the truth, you don tpay you dont get, if jagex makes you hate f2p so badly you want to get p2p they just did there job. f2p is suppose to make you want p2p. Your just being ignorant by wanting things you dont deserve.

and about how you cant afford it, thats a lazy excuse. If you can afford a computer and pay a monthly bill for internet you can afford 5 dollars a month. And if by some reason you couldnt i could think of lots of things that could earn you 5 dollars a month even if you werent old enough for a real job...

Took the words right out of my mouth.

2 things:

1) just because you made some little thing using paint taking 5 seconds doesn't make it worthy to be put in the game - try photoshop or make it more graphical - a three-year-old could have made those pictures

2) you want more bank space? that's a bit contradicting to you wanting more items, (more bank space + more items = same amount as you started with). Stop whineing, you just got a bunch of updates. Be appreciative f2p is even updated.

And for you who think I'm a p2p'er. Yes your right - i WAS a p2p'er. If you want bank space pay 10$ for one month - stock up on your f2p items, and you have all the space you need! Now im f2p. im not complaining - so neither should you

Joined Runescape: 23/01/02 |||. Retired from Runescape: 07/07/2007

[hide=Quotes]

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

"Level 1 sailing: ability to build a failboat.'
[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Drops: Ahrims Hood, Guthans set FULL (minus legs), dragon half shield, dragon legs/skirt

I don't have the time to read through all posts in this thread so sorry if this has been mentioned before.

I'm p2p but agree that higher lvl mages has a hard time in f2p.

And it seems to me that many of you aren't begging for new items, just to make the combat triangle more even.

Why not just remove some armour from rangers and meleers to make it happen. No need for new spells or armours.

Then nobody can call you a non-contributing leech who just begs for more and more items. :wink:

I think that if f2p got better mage robes Jagex should lower the xp from some of the spells by maby 4xp each. Since it's easy to lvl mage anyways,The bonus of the robes makes up for the less xp givin. :idea:

Dragon Drops:1, D med

Barrows Drops:None