Tip.It Times Presents: Pixels

Kiara_Kat

I'm sure someone will disagree enough to post.

I was going to make a silly joke about disagreeing, but how could I disagree? :thumbsup:

Well written and from the heart, articulate and intelligent. I hope some of the nastier people in RuneScape actually make it through reading it, which I doubt, unfortunately...

Good article Swamp! :D

Playing WoW

Server - Ghostlands US

My mian is Redshifter - Level 80 Feral Druid

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He took the words right out of my mouth...I didn't write this...right? :shock:

Oh my God, you took the words right outta my mouth!

Thats wierd....

Nice article Swamp.

~Saruman44

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

This is a very good article.

For starters it is very well written and the author knows what they are going on about. There is a lot of truth in this article - so much so that I actually found myself nodding my head in agreement whilst reading it.

Time is money, so the saying goes, so in-game items do have real value.

Very true indeed. You would spend a lot of time on the game to get great items and if you lose one of your greatest achievements you would not only be losing your 'pixels', but the time you spent getting the item would be wasted. Down the drain. Never to be seen again.

Thanks for a great read.

1.gif

1.png

jiyuueno20 wrote:

no one who posted didnt like the article... how often does that happen?

As far as I can remember.... never O:)

Spam DEF: Any post, paragraph, or sentence that does not add to the value of the thread.

Big_Stingman is the bomb!

this thread has grown fast

very nice. I really am connected to my character and if he was ever hacked I would be very mad. :twisted: :evil: :wall: :wall: :wall: :lol: For the beginning about the prayer noob and stuff, they are just saying that to make you stop so they can win.

"How you act when no one is looking is the clearest indicator of the strength or depravity of your true character. "

amazing quote.

On of best tip it times ever (novalyfe's was the best, his bank was awesome)

darn it, my net just washed away cause I wasn't paying attention

I <3: pixels lol jk

I would put a cool link here but I don't know how.

i'm a nerd who loves pixels, i'm a pixel hugger, and i love it!

i loved the article too. i agree, which is like becoming a custom since the last one.

Keep up the awesome good work!

A MMORPG is like a virtual world... of proud people for having a pixelated armour that costed them arround three years of their life.

player interaction is what makes the runescape world... come to life

on the other side, if i were to lose my pixels, it would be as real for me as if someone stealed my dearest real toys.

not only the time invested, but all the emotions vested in them.

A MMORPG is like a virtual world... of proud people for having a pixelated armour that costed them arround three years of their life.

player interaction is what makes the runescape world... come to life

Very, very nice article. it deserves the Tip.It Time's Best Article of the Year Award. ::' :thumbsup: Anyways, about that guy that commited suicide, I beleive that he was hacked by a real life friend, and he was already under stress and depressed, and that was the last straw for him. Anyways, very nice article!

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

Very, very nice article. it deserves the Tip.It Time's Best Article of the Year Award. ::' :thumbsup:

lol, it's the third (or something) article of the year, but I do think it takes the cake if you're counting last year, too.

The article was incredibly accurate, with every point and detail perfectly mapped out and explained. From the point about "Pixel Huggers" to "Flesh Heart behind the Pixel Body", to the whole "Items = Money" thing were so, so true.

Thank you very much for that article. It was refreshing to read something so true and simple, with all it's intracasies put out into the open as simple, unadulterated fact.

plzstayokrf4.png

sodb4jz.jpg

Sodb Forum

siggiedxc2.png

Stop thinking. It's Runescape.

Due to impatience, I have not read the 3rd page of this thread, or most of pages 2 & 4... Anywho, here's my thoughts, and [bleep] the people who think I'm a [bleep]... :lol:

Swampjedi, you have typed/written/done an excellent article. I'm glad that you allowed your name to be published so Tip.It'ers could directly thank you. =D>

Nothing more needs to be said from me for now on this. ::'

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

It's a very good topic, but I beg to differ one one tiny thing, about the "training spots". People who train in that "monster respawn" place will know where the monsters will appear, but people who just came from another place will not know where the monsters will come from. Therefore, my guess is that they'll go to places where the people are just stand, waiting for the spawn. That act will cause the problem of "barging into other people's training spot".

I would like to hear other people's opinion on this.

Obviously, when someone hangs himself due to getting his account stolen - which did happen, if I recall ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ then there's an issue.

yep sadly it happend right here in the netherlands. Someone was playing RS because his real life was [bleep]ed up and when he got hacked by his best friend IRL he got himself hanged :(.

larsie538.png

Nice one Swampjedi, one of the best i've read in a while, with an appropriate topic with a sustained argument.

Slightly irritated by the use of "and" after a comma but thats just me being and English pedant :lol:. Top writing style i thought as well.

Once again - good stuff

I APPLUDE (Don't know how to spell it :oops: ) YOU!

You've covered every point I could think of, and more

Good article, I usually skim read them these days but I read the whole thing today

Apcrump0.png

To bad a majority of the kids playing this game will never finish reading the article. Even if they do I think it would be safe to say they'd just blow the article off as sappy dribble from an adult and continue their "noob bashing" and scamming.

Sorry for 2 posts, but I disagree with this. I read the whole thing, I think the majority of kids on TIF who read the Tip It Times will read the whole thing and understand it

Apcrump0.png

well i always like reading topics like this, but (no offence) i think you are too invloved about people saying "it's only a game" "only pixels" whatever, you said these people really annoy you, then later on in the article you say "don't let these people bother you"... make up your mind

if someone in a members world insults you about the old "pixel/nerd" thing, then it's clear they are an idiot as they have paid just to go around being hypocrites... the point is just don't let anything bother you in a game cos most of the reasons people play if to talk with friends, have fun etc. not to take criticsm of idiots

This article deserves to stay for 2 or maybe 3 weeks, I made this account just to say this :)

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

well i always like reading topics like this, but (no offence) i think you are too invloved about people saying "it's only a game" "only pixels" whatever, you said these people really annoy you, then later on in the article you say "don't let these people bother you"... make up your mind

Note that the insults part of the article is very small. I am focusing mainly on the attitude that you can do whatever you want in the game without it mattering.