Tip.It Times Presents: Pixels

Kiara_Kat

One of the morals of many stories that no one likes to remind themselves of, that behind the coveted pixels we are REAL people with REAL feelings. Yep, showing others consideration in game (even when others don't) shows true character and compassion. *Wipes a tear from eye*

Very, very nice article. it deserves the Tip.It Time's Best Article of the Year Award. ::' :thumbsup:

Isn't it funny how many things in any category (in Runescape and real life) that come out at the start of the year are usually nominated as the top of their field? Give it time and there'll be just as good articles coming out.

So why is it that we can have positive emotions due to in-game activities, but not negative emotions?

Probably because showing your own negative emotions reminds other players of theirs, and people try to repress them.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very very nice article, next time I smash someones eyesocket to smithereens I'll not call anyone safer or whatever, Ill p00n them in silence.

Kidding, I stink at pking :lol:

Nevertheless this article deserves a spot in non existing tip.it best article gallery. :thumbsup:

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

I knew there were other intelligent people in the world!

They're all here in this thread.

It feels so good to meet honourable, responsible and INTELLIGENT people, being led by one who can truly claim to be a decent human.

I am so tired of going onto runescape and hearing people swear, use 'noob' to hurt others (ignoring the fact that everyone is a noob at some point), and seeing them take complete advantage of others' misfortunes.

I feel indecent saying this, but if a force came that promised to destroy humanity, I may side with them.

I've given that concept alot of thought, there is too much pain and corruption, this you all know, surely.

We cannot be mended, there will always be ignorance and hate to sabotage any attempt to heal humanity.

Swampjedi, I truly hope as many people as possible read your article and consider its points.

(I just came back from a wilderness trip, protecting my brother AvengerK from pkers while he ran, and being called a 'nub' over and over again by all 3 of them, how dare such people believe they have the right to exist in reality)

Just because people "like" there pixels, they have a right to. This is because your 'santa hat' didn't come out of no wear, you spent long nights weekends, merchanting, barrows, and many other things. The people who use the term 'pixel hugge' are just mad they don't got pretty pixels to hug like the rest of us. ::'

The people who use the term 'pixel hugge' are just mad they don't got pretty pixels to hug like the rest of us. ::'

I used the term pixelhugger only once, when some lowlife noob hacked my greenmask. And flame me if you like, but saying stuff like that to someone who deserves it, Ie a hacker who made you lose everything you have, is in my eyes perfectly fine.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

wow....I totally agree...I have been dealing with a thread on the RS forums.....about guys getting made fun of for wearing d skirts...errr kilts. I was amazed at how many ppl out there agreed with me....anyway.....I do believe that who you are in Real Life and how you act in RuneScape are related...I see my self as a nice guy...and I find it hard to me mean to ppl in game and if I am...I feel terrible about it later.........I hope more ppl read this and and decide to take action

BE A MAN>>>>>BUY A KILT!!!

Heh Hehe. I actually joined just to respond to this, the first really good article I've seen in months of monitoring this site. It had some good thoughts, and I hope people take it to heart... or at least the people who need to. Good job :D

P.S. I'm only 15 and a sophomore in high school, so you have a kid supporter... of course I'm known as an intellectual, wimp, and... well... I still count!

your 15 really more of a teen. I'm a kid 11 =p

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

I agree so much too that, people often don't understand how much you have too work on getting good levels, money, whatever. OMG it's just pixels. so? Their my pixels :D

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

----

On another note, when is the next interview? i Love reading interviws with high level players or someone famous in the Rs community \:D/

I tried to keep down on the grandiose language, but when I'm speaking from the heart I tend to sound like an orator.

Grandiose language is perfectly fine. If you need it to make ur point, use it. It makes things have such an elegant feel... I particularly liked the Latin. We should have everyone everywhere learn it as a second language so we can communicate globally.

mr_moron72.png

Look at my evidence of geekdom... MWAHAHAHA!

some kid actually hanged himself?!?!?!?! That's kinda scary that someone would get THAT into a game.

There was some chinese kid who played WoW and jumped of the roof of his apartments(30 stories high or something like that) and his suicide note said he wanted to join his "Hereos". :roll:

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

Hi Swampjedi,

Thanks for the great article =D> !! You captured exactly what MMORPGs are all about.

I am sorry to say, but the only problem is when helping people a lot of them just are "beggars". They need armor so you make one for free, next thing you see is them selling it at the nearest bank to another person whom, for whatever, reason needs is (like he/she just died!!). But i won't give up because of these few. When you are able to give a hand and it is really appreciated, that is a pretty sweet feeling. It makes up for every "advantage-taker" you might have encountered before.

Keep up the right attitude and make the game fun for everyone, from beginner to die-hard RSer.

logohekatetip.jpg

Best article I have read on the Tip.It Times since the Editor beasted Jagex :P

Seriously though, that was very well thought out, and skillfully written. You have a superb grasp of the English language, and by the sounds of it you study Latin as well. It made a good clear point, with a solid structure throughout.

Th only thing I would say is that the beginning is slightly confusing, you say 'the second statement' when you actually mean the third statement. Your list at the top is in the wrong order of how you addressed each stataement.

Otherwise though, 10/10, well done

99/99 Fletching, 99/99 Cooking, 96/99 Strength

Hobgoblin11.jpeg

That was probably one of the most eloquent articles I have yet seen written for the times. It is a thoroughly thought out and supported piece of rational reasioning against what one considers offensive. But my favorite part of it was how he summed it all up: "How you act when no one is looking is the clearest indicator of the strength or depravity of your true character. "

Absolutely compelling.

+1

wow, beautifully put

The PROUD owner of a fire cape.

-- I Support Israel, the United States, England, and any other country that has been attacked by terrorists--

---Any country attacked has a right to defend itself---

Nice article....but come on...Are you serious?

Events and incidents in a computer generated universe really shouldn't have an effect on your Real Life, nor should it the other way around. If I lost a party hat in the game, I would be angry for maybe a nanosecond, but after that, nada. It just really doesn't matter to me. Maybe you are different. Who am I to say? Also, I know the Tip.it Times are an opinion-based editorial, so I'm not going to argue with you and say you are wrong...but because you act some way in the game does not necessarily reflect how you truly are...Some people find it easy to put up a facade of niceties or disguise themselves behind a false mean face.

Anyways...it IS one of the best articles I have read since the Times started, but I just don't agree with it.