Tip.It Times Presents: Pixels

Kiara_Kat

Fantastic! I couldn't agree more with this article! It covers several topics in one in a well thought out "Times". I read it and certainly related to it, i may only be 14, but i understand the moral issue that has been raised here.

Peace To All Men, Women, Creatures and 'Pixels'!

Rockdude_D.png

rockdudedave.png

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This article is a master piece, it speaks not only for everyone but to some, pkers, it goes onto pking off and on briefly, and this is what all safers/telers/prayer noobs wanna say when they get called safer/prayer noob/telers, but they can't since they're under attack, i hope everyone who thinks that anyone who safes/teles/prays reads this and gives a second and thinks more about why they are calling the person the name they are.

Also i say this hits #2 article so far, very intellectual, as usual, and it really does make you think twice, even if you don't insult people for "pixels", and if you do call people in some way from pixels you re-think and your opinion is changed.

I also like that the "real-life heart is behind the pixelated chest", i think that sums up everything nicely.

Very nice article. I couldn't agree with you more. I really like the quote above all else.

"How you act when no one is looking is the clearest indicator of the strength or depravity of your true character. "

Splendid!

~ Agshlee

99/99 Mage - Achieved 23/07/2007

99/99 Ranged - Achieved 20/12/2007

93/99 Defence

a heart of flesh beats behind my character's pixelated chest.

wow. Im definately going to use that one.

Congratulations swampjedi. That was a Great article. One of the best tip.it times yet. =D>

Spam DEF: Any post, paragraph, or sentence that does not add to the value of the thread.

Big_Stingman is the bomb!

I could not agree more with this tip.it times article.

I am affected by my Runescape life: not to extremes, but I will be disappointed if I lose something, angry if somebody scammed/hacked me, happy if I gain a level... to a point things in Runescape do affect my life.

Good job Swampjedi, you hit the nail on the head. Maybe people now will think twice about calling somebody a pixel hugger.

siggiebw2.png

Noted raw mackerel drop... Wtfh?

Always buying: Watermelon seeds, 2K each. Strawberry seeds, 800 each. Contact Via PM on forums.

man you took the words right out of my mouth (stealing is wrong! lol) just the other day i had my ring of life tele me and i was poisoned a guy took my guthix full helm and amulet of glory and i begged for it back very nicely but he just laughed at me and left, i tried to pm him but he had the nerve to try and sell it to me! i totally agree with negative community and that peeing in the pool thing (eww)

did someone really hang them self over there acc?

Good job, great to read. =D>

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Nice job couldn't agree with you more. Not only did you talk about that felling are associated in game, but you stated why I hate pkers also. But isn't this forum also just pixels....

That though is for another day.

slayer9434.png

Barrows: guthan warspear, ahrim hood, torag platebody, karil's crossbow x3, Dharoks greataxe, Dharoks Helm.

Max Quest points

"Never let your morals prevent you from doing what is right" Asimov

nice article, I try to act as I would in real life and the game. I am respectful, I train with others, I have even help others train, once kept a horde of leechs off a guy while he got some stuff for a quest (forget which one)

I once trained a p2p newb into a true player, I believe he got married (in game) to a hot looking chick... also I always take time off to help those who ask stuff of me... except for lurers :evil:

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

:shock: no one who posted didnt like the article... how often does that happen?

Well i can see why every one likes it. This is the best article ive seen (compared to the ones i remember, so like the last... 2 maybe?) in a while. =D>

And for some reason.. this article makes me even more sad that i am leaving rs in... 24 days i think... for a few months then ill be back! but it made me feel even more depresed... and i dont know why... :boohoo:

And now im rambling about nothingness #-o oh well no harm done :P

Retired: 02/14/07
UnRetired: 05/27/16
konnichiwa ^.^

I would also like to point something out.

I'm sure for most people, their heart starts pounding, and they start to sweat if they're doing something dangerous, or about to get killed (ingame). these are common signs of massive short term stress, and caused by the pixelated game, which makes perfect sense when applying the pixels=money equation. Numerous studies have proven that stress and despair strongly (and not surprisingly) affects a persons health, and can even shorten the time left for a dying cancer victim by up to 4 times compared to a generally happy victim! amazing isn't it?

So what does this have to do with pixelated games? well if runescape stresses you, like it naturally should, it directly affects you physical health! and makes a great deal of difference! So playing a pixelated game, should and will naturally affect your health for the better or the worse, depending on if you're either stressed, or happy while chatting with your friends.

So in conclusion: pixels=physical health (as well as social and mental).