Granite Mining, Now Harder To Powermine?

Seanthorn

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really get your post, but i assume something. Erm, if you don't udnerstand. You now need to carry Waterskins to survive. A Waterskin (4) will go after like 5 mins... I can't mine in those conditions...

As said in the rants forum post, they made something a little harder for once, so I think it's a good update.

You say a waterskin, is gone in 5 mins (I'll take your word for it). With 27 full skins at start, that would last you well over two hours without banking. With teleporting and carpet rides, you can get a fresh load within 5 mins and get back to mining again and stay out for another 2 hours. I don't know how long you play a day, but that would mean having to leave the spot ONCE during a 4 hour session.

Is that really that big a deal to just give up on your whole plan of getting to 85 ?

So, you're saying take 27 full skins and mine 1 rock, drop, mine 1, drop? That's ridiculous.

Mine one, drop one, mine one drop one, till your first skin runs out. Drop skin, mine two, drop two, till your second skin runs out. Drop second skin, mine three, drop three.........oh boy, it takes effort ? Or take 20 instead of 27 skins...still gives plenty of time in the desert.

DutchDreams.png

We get your point, but why don't you try it and tell us your outcome? It gets anoying when u drink one dose, and it goes to the first inventory slot, because you've just used it. Then you may drop it by accident, and get annoyed. And again, exagurating me.

3916.png

3917.png

I don't really get your post, but i assume something. Erm, if you don't udnerstand. You now need to carry Waterskins to survive. A Waterskin (4) will go after like 5 mins... I can't mine in those conditions...

As said in the rants forum post, they made something a little harder for once, so I think it's a good update.

You say a waterskin, is gone in 5 mins (I'll take your word for it). With 27 full skins at start, that would last you well over two hours without banking. With teleporting and carpet rides, you can get a fresh load within 5 mins and get back to mining again and stay out for another 2 hours. I don't know how long you play a day, but that would mean having to leave the spot ONCE during a 4 hour session.

Is that really that big a deal to just give up on your whole plan of getting to 85 ?

So, you're saying take 27 full skins and mine 1 rock, drop, mine 1, drop? That's ridiculous.

Mine one, drop one, mine one drop one, till your first skin runs out. Drop skin, mine two, drop two, till your second skin runs out. Drop second skin, mine three, drop three.........oh boy, it takes effort ? Or take 20 instead of 27 skins...still gives plenty of time in the desert.

As opposed to mine 28, drop 28, mine 28, drop 28 and continue as long as you possibly wish. Hmm, the latter seems significantly better. It's obviously much worse now which obviously justifies our complaint.

jfacsig01ti4.jpg

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

i can understand why this would be an annoying update. However, it really doesn't make much difference. I tried both granite and iron when i was mining to 85 and i found that they are pretty similar xp over an hour. maybe 2k xp per hour more at granite at most. Its not a massive blow. At 84, i was still not always 1 hitting the granite while i was consistently 1 hitting the iron, it equates to similar xp over time, mining to 85 from 70 at iron could take maybe, 4-6 hours longer than granite which when considering the time you spend on getting it, is no great increase.

As opposed to mine 28, drop 28, mine 28, drop 28 and continue as long as you possibly wish. Hmm, the latter seems significantly better. It's obviously much worse now which obviously justifies our complaint.

Lol I don't see how mine 28 drop 28 is any better than mine 1 drop 1. That's what I have always done; kept one granite in my inv, then click the rock to mine and while i'm doing that right click one of the granites and prepared to drop it... once the other granite appeared in my inv from mining it, i drop that granite, then click the next rock... and repeat. I actually find that less strenuous than mine 28 drop 28.

If the complaint is equal to the topic title, then no, it's not justified, because there are ways around it: they just involve more clicking, the xp you get from it, should still be comparable to before the update.

DutchDreams.png

I suppose this proves that Jagex really is forced to make everything easier.

Easier? Easier? I don't know if you played RSC, but when it was around mining was relatively far less difficult than it is now. Imagine being able to continuously mine iron, regardless of inventory space--that's RSC mining. As it is now, Mining is already one of the most difficult skills to train. Before this it was 50K - 55K xp. How many skills are slower than that, potentially 5? This really just doesn't make sense to me, that they're making one of the more difficult skills ever harder. I can see nerfing PC, I can see nerfing PPlunder, but why nerf mining? I would agree with your statement if the said powerlevelers were debuffed, but certainly not mining. I honestly don't get it.

I was referring to wakka's whining about not being able to power level there anymore, not the update itself. We know the little kids and the low levels want things easier so that they can get up to the high levels, but when the elites are whining about things getting harder then you know Jagex is stuck.

The more ya'll whine about this update, the less likely it is that PC will ever get nerfed. And God knows how many of us want that to happen.

Disclaimer: I agree with your post Dub :P.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

If the complaint is equal to the topic title, then no, it's not justified, because there are ways around it: they just involve more clicking, the xp you get from it, should still be comparable to before the update.

The complaint is not equal to the topic title. I don't believe anyone has deemed that it is now completely pointless to do so. The exp may be comparable but it may not be worth the effort when you could get a little less exp but without the hassle at iron rocks.

@ Peronix, if that method works for you - great! Although others would rather lay back, browse forums, watch t.v or what-have-you whilst your inventory fills with the rocks.

jfacsig01ti4.jpg

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Right, i'm going to say my own opinion on this "update"

The update, overall, is fair. Obviously, the desert is hot, why isn't the mine? But thats not the thing that bothers me. The thing that bothered me is that Jagex did not tell us about this update, putting low level skillers at risk losing items, who only have 10hp. So even thought most these comments are true, it would be fair for ALL of us to say our own opinion. So i'm not going to argue anymore, just comment on others comments. I wont say if its right or wrong, just what i think about the comment. Hopefully, this topic will stay alive, and see interesting points of view from players who are annoyed/glad this hidden update took place.

3916.png

3917.png

The update, overall, is fair. Obviously, the desert is hot, why isn't the mine? But thats not the thing that bothers me. The thing that bothered me is that Jagex did not tell us about this update, putting low level skillers at risk losing items, who only have 10hp.

I agree the desert is hot but if they are going to change the way the mining area is, then they should also change the bandit area. Can you imagine how upset players would be if they did that. I understand it's a City but you would think you would need waterskins outside of the tents/houses, I mean really you are outside no matter if your in a city or not. Makes no sense to me what they did. :wall:

queenvalerie.png

Back to 30k an hour for mining? Hmm. I don't think it was necessary, mining was still a very hard skill. If Jagex does this, they should also halve the xp for both Pyramid Plunder and Pest Control. I have no idea why they did this, why remove a moderately good method of leveling a skill and keep the 200k/ hour methods for other *hard* skills?

:-k

Neither combat nor thieving are "hard"...

The update, overall, is fair. Obviously, the desert is hot, why isn't the mine? But thats not the thing that bothers me. The thing that bothered me is that Jagex did not tell us about this update, putting low level skillers at risk losing items, who only have 10hp. So even thought most these comments are true, it would be fair for ALL of us to say our own opinion. So i'm not going to argue anymore, just comment on others comments. I wont say if its right or wrong, just what i think about the comment. Hopefully, this topic will stay alive, and see interesting points of view from players who are annoyed/glad this hidden update took place.

If that's your standpoint, you might want to change your sig and avatar.

I mined coal and banked in the mining guild for 85 mining. The day after I reached level 85, the granite mine came out, but I didn't complain. I can accept the fact that Jagex will continue to release bigger and better things, including methods to train.

However, when Jagex decides to "Fix" things like this, I get annoyed when people begin to complain everywhere. The old methods aren't that bad, and the people who leveled in the past used them, so how is it unfair that they nerfed your new training method.

I am annoyed at Jagex at the many ways they have been managing the game lately. However, they're only human. They can't do everything. It's also their game. They can do whatever they want with it. For these reasons, I've never seen the point of protesting Jagex's updates every other week.

I'm indifferent to this update. Though I feel the pain for those who were training there, they need to learn to live with it.

blackmageid8.png

great, now i cant get 70 mining -.-

Yes you can, just do it the old way...

Or... just use waterskins. It's not like granite powermining dosen't work anymore, it's still really fast, the only difference is you have to refill your water supply at the bandit camp every now and then (like every TWO HOURS...). And btw, I gained like 68-70 mining today after I heard about the update; and I think it's just fine.

While this doesn't affect me (I'm powermining Gold for levels), I understand the anger people have. What they should at least do is make a new area in your house then to work with. Simply mine like 20-some of an ore and a little spell and you can make a rock in your own house to mine...

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

Wakka102 says this ( i dont kno how do do the quote copying thing, this is best i can do)

===========================================

Thats ridiculous. So all the people who power mined there to 99 got a quicker shortcut then others? thats lame... *goes to the rants board on official boards*

========================================

From a lvl 80 or below this is a typical answer. your a lvl 126 with increbile skills all before Pest Control im asuming. Let me start by saying if this is how the highest lvl in the game acts, its a shame. Do you realise you said its not fair? like a whinying little child below the 6th grade. you guys are crying like tomorrow and till 99 mining, you would be here non-stop! yes it stinks you need waterskins, but it is fair. your in the desert, you should have them.

Especially with Wakka's post, the more i read the more agrivating it got. there was 1 guy who made the best post in the world, can't remmeber his name but it says somthing like... " Jagex makes it easier you rant. Jagex makes it harder you rant.. why do i even bother posting here?"

i would like to let you know, you have it exactly. These people just want to live life complaing about anything.

genielampsiggv7.jpg

Shot at 2007-07-23

Wakka102 says this ( i dont kno how do do the quote copying thing, this is best i can do)

===========================================

Thats ridiculous. So all the people who power mined there to 99 got a quicker shortcut then others? thats lame... *goes to the rants board on official boards*

========================================

From a lvl 80 or below this is a typical answer. your a lvl 126 with increbile skills all before Pest Control im asuming. Let me start by saying if this is how the highest lvl in the game acts, its a shame. Do you realise you said its not fair? like a whinying little child below the 6th grade. you guys are crying like tomorrow and till 99 mining, you would be here non-stop! yes it stinks you need waterskins, but it is fair. your in the desert, you should have them.

Especially with Wakka's post, the more i read the more agrivating it got. there was 1 guy who made the best post in the world, can't remmeber his name but it says somthing like... " Jagex makes it easier you rant. Jagex makes it harder you rant.. why do i even bother posting here?"

i would like to let you know, you have it exactly. These people just want to live life complaing about anything.

Yeah, thats it, you hit the nail on the head there buddy.

If it aint broke, dont fix it.

It just makes minning harder then rs2 already made it.

coolio0wjos1.jpg

My WoW character, gnome warlock Saldomar

the only reason this is annoying. is that im pretty sure none of you actually used to mine there.. and when i mean mine, i mean thousands. i mean like this is actually complelty messing up your current mining plans.. basically all of you are saying.. dang jagex i wanna go and mine in the next few years. what the heck man! this is wack...

if anyone ranting actually really mines hardcore there let me know, from all posts i can tell no one does.

genielampsiggv7.jpg

Shot at 2007-07-23