Being Innovated.. however you spell it.

Defender2516

With all new types of Gaming Titles comming out year after year.. everyone has their personal opinion on each one in how the game could be better or why its worse.

There are sooo many high intelligent gamers out there who are experts at creating video games. (Even if they never touched one!) :-k

Today, lets find if Runescapians have what it takes to make a innovating Runescape 3! :uhh: :ohnoes:

So for todays lesson class, if you could offer anything into the world of Runescape, what new feature would you add?

You can be as creative as want and as long as you want.

Would you make grass sway?

Would you simpley just add another skill?

Could you climb in tree's?

Would you increase the details of the game?

Will you make combat more intense?

Can you offer a feature to make noobs disappear?

Will you kill the economy for fun?

Would there be a new amazing awesome weapon that does 99 damage?

Will you step out of the box, or stay in it?

Well, get crakin. What would you change in Runescape, if given the chance to be a Runescape Developer?

My Change:

Updates to Combat, you now have skills invovled that give you special moves on mosters that deal extra damage or special features.

If your in a party (yes there will be a party system, hurray! \' ), you can use some skills to steal health from your allies and add to your own! :twisted:

~Defender~

If you love me, send me a PM.

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

I say just make the combat system more exciting and dangerous. Like make the game a first person view instead of an over view, and make the avatar more controllable in a fight, as well as making the enemy monsters more sophisticated and dangerous.

Man Castle Wars would be fun with first person view.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

First Person View....

Chips in trees when cutting.....

Aim with Range and Mage....

Critical hits?

first person view may put some people off, i like it.

combat system is okay, i could see it getting updated... perhaps addition armors and weapons.

id really like to see items like you may see in WOW for complete upgrading all your armor for being max combat stats in specific things, like armor when completely maxed out in melee magic/ranged and prayer.

for example, ill use the 99 capes colorations somewhat. your armor is still the similar stat wise but it trims its self to what you have mastered. like for example imagine dharoks plate but guilded.

a red dark red gauntlet with [bleep]es on your right hand, extending to your middle forearm for 99 attack and the right armor becomes green as if you put on a bright green brassard(best example i can give), and none of this will distract/obstruct other variants of the armor. blue gauntlets that cover your left hand to have way up your forearm. defense would use a tyras helm cream plumbed (thing on top of full helms) and a round shield, perhaps diamond in shape and a cyan trimming(of the defense cape) a blood red chain sache draped from left shoulder to past the waiste. a dark green quiver trimmed with bright neon almost green for 99 ranged. and for prayer, i can only come up with the idea of having legs like the dragon legs/ guthan chain skirt except, black with a red trimming all around and up and down the legs, if you worship zamorak maybe [bleep]es?, and a white and blue for sara, and a green and maybe white(not sure) for guthix.

No fixed places for building things in your house.

Critical hits and sneak attacks.

Aiming mechanism for Range and Magic.

1st or 3rd person view.

Improve monsters AI (so they wouldn't get so easily trapped).

Dodge mechanism.

Weather systems and their effects (snow hard to move in, rain hard to aim in, etc.).

A different animation for eating and drinking so you can tell them apart.

Day and night system.

Easing up the chat filter.

Shop system, where you simply setting up a shop on your person, place the items and set the prices you want to sell them at.

I would have to say.

A few more skills.

more views

Make it so when you type a swear word you can't say your sentence what so ever.

Weather system.

Going into stealth (would be fun PKing)

And races (I've always wanted to be a gnome)

And some misc functions. Like possibly a counter, timer, distance ran, besitary and some others than I haven't though of.

I think that sums it up from my point of view :wink:

A couple of things...

First of all I would like to say I would never want runescape to change to first person or something and being able to walk around the same as games like world of warcraft, to name one. I wouldn't mind being able to manipulate the camera more, but it's the tile based system that's one of those things that makes Runesape unique. I don't mean that other games have never implemented it, but just that it's one of those things that's just Runescape.

Now for the changes:

Implement agility into combat, where defense would be your ability to block while agility would give you the ability to dodge, which would mean agility would be way more usefull. Ofcourse this presents it;s problems, since f2p can't train agility, but there are ways to go around this, like not making the dodge bonus available in f2p, or ofcourse just make agility an f2p skill with something like 2 to 3 arena's to train it.

Second I would like to be able to customise my armor way more then is now available. I mean, heraldic is nice and all, but for a helm I use a berserker and for a shield either obby or a defender, so that's it for heraldic. :?

So you would be able to trim your armor further in different patterns. I know this would also have an negative impact because that's what treasure trails are kind of for, but seeing as the ability to make heraldic items is already ingame I would say this should be available too.

And last, as said, races would be nice. It wouldn't even have to give bonusses like in other rpg's, but be there just for looks.

I know I would be able to think of way more things, but this is just what came to mind when I looked through the topic...

best-guide-ever.jpg

Change the combat system in such a way that the pk triangle disappears. The three different combat styles should reflect your prefered fighting style. In which melee is up close and brutal, range is more about handy movement and magic about constraining your opponent while dealing damage. Each class should be able to defeat the other, the skill of the player should make the difference.

For instance:

One thing to start with should be a difference in movement speed. Heavy armour should make you slower, ranger armour should make you faster. So in a fight between a melee fighter and a ranger, the ranger is faster but deals less damage. It's up to the melee fighter to catch the ranger and finish him of, if he is unscucesful the melee player will die from the hail of arrows brought upon him.

phata_elise.png

A guild/clan/party system.(Or all three)

Having to repair weapons and armours once in a while (like barrows now, but not as expensive or often.)

As mentioned, weather and day/night would be nice.

But all that would make the game take ages to download...

bewatchingyousigau4.gif

[260+ Quest Points] [All Skills 50+] [Lv 97 Combat]

Upped graphics

New controlls (such as W to move forward D to move right A to move left and S to move down. This would give an opertunity for improved combat situations.)

Clan support

In game time (so all time zones are linked togther)

A new island geared towards high levels.

An option to turn the profanity filter off.

System to block all autoers.

- More items to come -

make graphics amazing

make map much bigger with some changes

redo most quests

completly redo barberian assult

let people put designs on all their armour

make it more realistic so you have to eat and drink and bring fatige back!

bring out survival skil that puts hunter and firemaking together

update wildy a lot

have some system were you can kill people outside the wildy

Barrows drops: Torags pl8, Torgas legs, Guthans chainskirt

A main Trading centre, not like Falador World 2.

You put a item in the shop and then you enter the price you want to sell it for and then when someone buys the money goes straight into your bank account.

In this Trade Center you can search for a specific item, this would save time selling and buying items and would free up time for you to other skills.

This Trade Center will be across all worlds, not just one world.

mazurizi.png

being able to steer teh gliders. that would be so fun! Ive always wanted to carsh into teh white knight's tower!

oh yea, and being able to fail teleports( i kno we already have this) being able to over or undershoot it a little and end up like anywhere. like underhooting from nardah to ardougne and end up in crandor and ur like wdf? then teleing to ardougne from gnome stronghold and ending up in yanille.

And being able to cumstomize ur armor.

I agree with a lot of the ideas above, but I especially support an auction house

Scammers and noobs say goodbye

Knitting. At level 1, you can make fuzzy mittens. At level 50, fuzzy rainbow sweaters. At level 99? Fuzzy pink toe socks.

Oh yeah.

'Scaper since 2002

RuneScape 2 is great, but I'm always open for something new. :)

Would you make grass sway?

Yes. Definetly.

Would you simpley just add another skill?

If I can come up with any more. :x

Could you climb in tree's?

Would be nice, but no.

Would you increase the details of the game?

If possible, yes.

Will you make combat more intense?

Oh, you bet I would. :twisted: *neener neener*

Can you offer a feature to make noobs disappear?

... -.-

Will you kill the economy for fun?

No. :D

Would there be a new amazing awesome weapon that does 99 damage?

Would require 2.2 billion gp. ;D

Will you step out of the box, or stay in it?

Get a whole new box...?

There ya have it. :D

mzvest,Shadorik.gif

Shadorik.gif

quite a few that would make it considered a change to runescape 3:

rewrite the whole game in c++

remove targeting combat style

movement with arrow keys

full screen mode

physics

higher detail and graphics

much larger areas

limitless xp

limitless gold/items

no censor

but I think I like it the way it is, no reason to make it just like any other game.

alot of people are suggesting first person view: can anyone name a single popular mmo that uses first person? It would make me barf personally.

I say just make the combat system more exciting and dangerous. Like make the game a first person view instead of an over view, and make the avatar more controllable in a fight, as well as making the enemy monsters more sophisticated and dangerous.

Man Castle Wars would be fun with first person view.

"True that playa'"

RS would look great in first person view, even better Castle Wars as you said. But.. I wouldn't say it's good in somethings. Ex. Fight Caves, PK'ing, etc. Maybe use the mouse scroll to get from third to first, sort of like WoW ::'

i would have customizable armor, kind of like what others said but this would be different, say you have a reg rune plate that you buy from the store, its just "rune plate" but (im just going to pick a random monster to drop) say a black demon drops rune plates, these rune plates would very in the fact that they have "slots" these slots on the plate would be a place to add a gem to change its stats.

say the max slots a rune plate can have is 4 so it would show "rune plate (4)" then you can examin it and it would say what is in each slot. you could put lots of different things in these slots but for simplisity (sp) im just going to use rubys each ruby "smithed" ( yay a addition to a long forgotten skill) to the plate, (you can't remove a gem once in place) would add +2 str. giving a rune plate with 4 rubys a total of +8 str

each gem would have varing stats, like,

sahp would boost mage def and attack,

emmy would give 5+ in every def stat

^^^example^^^

diamond would give small bonus for all stats

dragonstone, like diamond but better

onyx like drag only better

and for fun sake ima add two other things droped by some uber hard monster in a new or exisistin dungon or wildy

"holy shard" adds pray and def

"unholy shard" adds pray and attack

the 40 def pures would likly put all rubys but the extreemly wealthy would add all onyx (with 5m a gem a 4 slotted rune plate with all onyx gems would go for a heavty total of 35m-50m im guessing seeing that the 4 slot rune plates would be uber rare to start with anyway)

the rune plate is just an example, should be done with mystic and all, a 4 slotted mystic chest with all sahps would have a VERY nice mage attack, or maybe going for nice def stats, all emralds would be good.

See? loads of possibilitys and i would guess that for a while, even the lower armor (mith and addy) slotted would sell for alot to pures and ppl that like the str bonus.

just my idea

i don't play psykick anymore... i play 2ed: "pure fett"

26081 to get 99 herblore

Upgradeable armor through gems

I don't think that idea will ever pass, since it's such a clear rip off. :shame:

Not saying I don't like it, I mean, I'm a big fan of diablo 2, but I just don't think it would happen.

best-guide-ever.jpg

being able to cumstomize ur armor.

Ewww... sounds... sticky.

My major change would be to implement an Auction house, similar to what some other members have described. You'd place your items at the auction house, specify a minimum price and a time limit. If they were purchased, then the money would deposit itself in your bank, otherwise the items would return to the bank. Other players could put a bid in on your items - their money would be placed in trust at the auction house (ie you'd need to pay up front and have the money returned if you missed out)

It would be very difficult to design a point-and-click interface that was easy enough to use though. Although perhaps it could be outside of the game as an adjunct to the official forums, instead of the trading forums have an auction house... it would work much better as an ebay-style website than an ingame feature.

siganizq4.gif