The Lair of Tarn Razorlor

Ltje

It's time to dust off your undead combat kit! This week's update brings you the doom-laden lair of Tarn Razorlor!

Tarn is a necromancer who has discovered the power of the Salve crystal. If you've defeated Treus Dayth in the Haunted Mine quest, there's nothing to stop him from laying his evil hands on a piece of this precious crystal. Unfortunately, his intentions for this incredible mineral would make many a dead adventurer turn in their grave - if Tarn hadn't been there first...

Equip your Salve Amulet and head over to the Haunted Mine in the south-west of Morytania to experience the thrill of combat against the newly-awakened undead. With new monsters to fight, new traps to disarm and new treasures to unearth, can you survive the challenge of Tarn's Lair?

In addition to Tarn's new dungeon full of undead creatures, we've improved the look of many of the other undead monsters. Throughout the lands and dungeons of RuneScape, the zombies, skeletons and ghosts now have a brand new look and a far more convincing lurch. If you venture to the pyramids in the desert you'll find that the mummies have been similarly redecorated.

In other news...

We've made a slight adjustment to the ring of stone. Previously, when you changed back from being a rock, you'd have to unequip the ring and put it back on before you could become a rock again. It will now unequip itself automatically, just like the Ring of Egg does, which should be far more convenient for all you rock impersonators out there.

The bug that made the fire cape appear upside down in your inventory has been fixed!

The Barbarians have declared that they are fed up tripping over people's pet cats in the Barbarian Assault caverns, so they are now forbidding anyone from taking pets down the ladder into the minigame area.

Finally, in response to requests from players, it is no longer possible to trade the following items:

* Eye of gnome

* Paramaya Inn ticket

* Skull

* Pole

* Hollow reed

* Palm leaf

* Bad wine

* Unfermented wine

* Leaf-bladed spear

EDIT:I've beaten sworddude, I'm the first this time :P

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're fast :P . I haven't checked out the new minigame yet but the best update so far is making the leaf-bladed spear untradeable.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

* Leaf-bladed spear

Ahahaha, bye bye full guthan scammers, i got sick enough of your type already.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

You can only defeat the boss 1 time. The dungeon has a new slayer monster though, lvl 40 slayer required.

Skill N' Chill - The Hawt Fun Sexy and Cool Skilling Clan!

Skill n' chill website: http://skillandchill.freeforums.org/index.php - Clanchat: Skill N C - IRC Chat: #skillnchill

nieuwesiglg4.gif

errrok.jpg

hehehe all those "scamming" items now untradeable. Guess some scammers are going to have to "work" for their money now.

And the minigame sounds like it will be fairly fun. In the description of it, it says the temple is so big it's never been mapped, nor will it probably ever be. Wonder if it's a random map each time or something.

If Jagex ever made a perfect update, there would be players complaining about nothing to complain about.

[hide=My Stats]Jake_Corsair.png[/hide]

Although Tarn Razorlor will not respawn once he is defeated, all of his minions will. This could make his Lair an excellent place to train.

Does that mean its a one time kill?

From the minigame guide on the knowledge base this minigame looks pretty cool. Graphics look good :)

It's about time Jagex did something about the Leaf-bladed spear.

And hopefully i'll get an unglitched fire cape tonight ^_^ my third attempt, and hopefully the last time i'll need to try.

Can't wait to find out what this research is about :?

Dark_Jab.png

As far as I understand, this is an one-time challenge, with a reward of 5K slayer XP. But after you've done it, you can go back and train on the monsters there.

Great job by Jagex for making all those items untradeble! :D

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

Skeletons look awesome now ::' , still i don't understand why a skull should be untradeable :-k

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Can someone post game pictures of the new skeletons and zombies?

:D

This sounds like a quite nice update. I always enjoy the "In other news..." section. I like that they have made the leaf bladed spear untradeable.

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

This mini game / challenge / dungeon / mini quest or whatever it is looks cool.

So it's basically an excuse to kill a load of monsters, bank some interesting stuff (and potentially new items) and get 5000 slayer exp at the end? Oh, and the hint that no one will be able to map it could well mean it's a random dungeon (unlike barrows, where the mini maps just blanked)? Count me in!

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

Wonder if these new beats drop anything good. Wouldn't think they put all those high lvl creatures there for nothing...

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Hehe, just seen the skeletons down edgeville dungeon. The skeletons themselves look awesome, but so out of place compared to the brightly colour orange/brown walls! :P

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA