A Guide to collecting Herblore 2nds (Draft Complete)

chenw

wow, awesome guide, always good to know prices of hard to come things and not get scammed #-o

118 combat

99 construction, hunter, firemaking,woodcutting, cooking

,fletching

Sara Drops:1x hilt 1x SS

Arma Drops:1x Hilt

Rex Drops:7x D axe 3x Beserker ring 2x Warrior ring

Dragon Drops:1x Chain

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at around 20 wild there is tons of black unicorns which are right near the teleporters. I recommend walking to the one in 13 wild with rune and any wep then using the teleporter at 13 to get to 20 may take a few tries but is fastest way to get horns imo. Bring a glory to tele to edge to make trips faster

tifsig3pw9.png

jese1mz7.png

You might want to add jangerberries; they are the second ingredient for zamorak brews. There are 4 respawns on a small island between CW and Yanille. You need 1 rope to get on the island. You can either bank in CW or in Yanille, running or teleporting. I'm not sure about the price, i guess 600-1000. Zamorak brew adds about 2 more attack than a superattack potion, but because it lowers your hits and your defense its best used when you use protection prayers in combat.

Updated the guide, terribly sorry about the lateness of the update. Family circumstances. I will be adding finishing touches to it over the coming weeks, but it WILL be complete.

I thank all those who contributed and will test out a few of the suggestions personally.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

first draft complete, getting a headache from window switching now :P

EDIT: I have not yet implemented the suggestion from this thread. I will investigate the suggestion and give appropriate credits at a later stage, you have my word

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

Nice draft so far. :D Been looking for something like this for a while, can't wait until it is finished. :thumbsup:

There are a few spelling errors here and there but other than that it's looking good. I usually kill the Black Unicorns in the wild as they are in mass quantities, there is also a spot in the swamp with (I think) 2 or 3 logs, with the altar right next to them, that is an alternative to your method. It would be nice if you could list any alternatives, if there is any, such as unicorns.

sigdu0.gif

Quit RS to play real games. :P Bye TIF, miss you.

Very nice, also with the very detailed maps etc...

I'd just like to point out that collecting goat horns, Nardah is a far better place. The goats are literally next to the bank. But I think it requires "spirits of the elid" quest to access it?

Very nice, also with the very detailed maps etc...

I'd just like to point out that collecting goat horns, Nardah is a far better place. The goats are literally next to the bank. But I think it requires "spirits of the elid" quest to access it?

I do not think that the bank requires the the quest to use, however I will try to find out more about it.

tim_chenw2.png

Now that the guides complete I think it looks great. Very nicely laid out and informative. Definitely one of the better guides I've seen in the Player-Made Guides Section. =D> You might want to quote yourself to get it into the Archive of Wisdom (I think it should be in there). Is there any possibility of you expandind it into an overall herblore guide? I'd really like to see a good one and if you continue like this you should manage it.

Don't be so negative about torstol please, check my earlier post for info, the potion is better than a super attack when you pray while doing combat.

The reason behind my statement behind torstol is NOT because the potion it makes is junk, (I should have been more explicit here) is due to the difficulty in processing the ingredients. Torstol can only be grown with a relatively high farming level, and that Jangerberry's first option is 'Eat' not 'Use'. Thus why I said it was less useful (which is different from useless)

tim_chenw2.png

Nice accurate guide. There are just a few more details i might add.

First of all, it may be useful to say that some herblore seconds (eye of newt, limpwurt root, chocolate dust, wine of zamorak, and ash) can be obtained by f2p players. Zammy wine collecting is one of the best f2p moneymakers out there.

Also, you can use serum 207 on the afflicted in morton, and get rewards. The only ones worth keeping are unids (all tarromin), and bronze keys (rare).

Lastly, I found the fastest way to obtain swamp tar, and very few people know this. There are tar barrels on the pirate ship from lunar diplomacy, and they all hold random amounts of tar, with a fast respawn rate. The best spot is the 3 barrels close together 1 floor below deck.

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

• 2 weeks later...

To use this method, you need to Start Shades of Mort'ton quest. Serum 207 is pretty easy to make. [NEED CONFIRMATION]Serum 207 can be used on the Afflicted people in Mort'ton and help you recover some of the Tarromin herbs you use[NEED CONFIRMATION]. Collect Ash by Firemaking if you are low combat level.

I can confirm this. I did a lot of my herblore training with serum 207. The return is very low when using serum 207 though. I did however find that the rate for serum 208 was 4 unid tarromin for every 4 doses used. Since 1 tarromin makes 3 doses, it is a fast way to get tarromin.

The tower of life is also now the fastest way to get unicorn horns.

For eyes of newt I just run to port sarim and then tele to draynor.

Also, use is now the first option and eat is the second of jangerberries (need conformation).

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

I think it may be worth mentioning the that with the new update (Tower of Life), you can now easily obtain the likes of eyes, red eggs and unicorn horns by killing the monsters that you make.

+1 and try taking 3 items into wildy and 1 lobby if you are low level and there are loads of unicorns therethat is a very fast way.

also you missed out birds nests

but other than that this guide is superb

For red spider's eggs, I used to go to Karamja caves and genocide red spiders whilst waiting for the single respawn. This is very slow, admittedly, but okay if you want some semi-intense training at the same time. My current method is to pick up the three respawns North of the elven place (North out of Ardougne then West past the small museum, keep going West until you reach and go through the huge gates, then follow the path with the Mourners until you get to the spiders). I usually take Ardougne tele tablets with me for this, and use super energy potion for the run.

Don't follow me. You might not make it.

All your accounts are belong to us now.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator