Weight Lifting!

wakka102

I've changed the topic to an all purpose weight lifting topic for TIF. The subject later on seemed to move away from creatine so I thought it was appropriate to change it :wink: . Discuss weight lifting, routines, what works for you/doesn't, anything you can think of :D .

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A nitrogenous organic acid, C4H9N3O2, that is found in the muscle tissue of vertebrates mainly in the form of phosphocreatine and supplies energy for muscle contraction.

As it is found naturally, it shouldn't be bad for you, but excessive amounts could be. Use it in moderation and you should be fine. (If you choose to take this information you wave any legal liabilities I might me liable for. :uhh: :lol: :P )

Well not not having one I wouldn't know this but..

Does it not give you a smaller penis and erectile problems?

Obviously not implying in some way that you do...

Or is that some other steroid i'm getting mixed up with?

And to make this post a bit more jolly... Whats the heaviest weights you can lift? :P

Well not not having one I wouldn't know this but..

Does it not give you a smaller [bleep] and erectile problems?

Obviously not implying in some way that you do...

Or is that some other steroid i'm getting mixed up with?

And to make this post a bit more jolly... Whats the heaviest weights you can lift? :P

no, its not like anabolic steriods, its just a dietary supplement that is about as close as you can get without all the problems :lol: . Definitly no erectile problems here...heh.. :wink:

Depends on the lift i am doing. Don't ask about bench press because I workout alone and dont have a spotter. I substitute it for other types of lifts.

As it is found naturally, it shouldn't be bad for you, but excessive amounts could be. Use it in moderation and you should be fine. (If you choose to take this information you wave any legal liabilities I might me liable for. uhhhh Laughing Razz )

You can find all kinds of deadly things in nature. Just because something is natural does not mean its safe. This is even true of chemicals found in the human body.

Anyway, creatine is safe and is in quite a few of my favorite energy drinks. My favorite is Sobe Courage.

As it is found naturally, it shouldn't be bad for you, but excessive amounts could be. Use it in moderation and you should be fine. (If you choose to take this information you wave any legal liabilities I might me liable for. uhhhh Laughing Razz )

You can find all kinds of deadly things in nature. Just because something is natural does not mean its safe. This is even true of chemicals found in the human body.

Anyway, creatine is safe and is in quite a few of my favorite energy drinks. My favorite is Sobe Courage.

Well that probably doesn't have alot of creatine in it. I'm taking pure creatine (with sugar mixed in to release it). about 10 grams before every workout.

Sorry, what I mean to say was that it is found naturally and does not appear to have any detrimental affects.

Sorry, what I mean to say was that it is found naturally and does not appear to have any detrimental affects.

The only thing i have found wrong is that doctors don't know it's long term effects as well as it's not approved by the FDA (because its a dietary supplement). It hasn't been out long enough in its current form to be able to state its long term effects.

no, its not like anabolic steriods, its just a dietary supplement that is about as close as you can get without all the problems :lol: . Definitly no erectile problems here...heh.. :wink:

Ah! That's good to know...

I'm not really into weight lifting as I really don't think guys find this:

femalebodybuildercn6.gif

Too sexy...

Heh, like DMT. It's found naturally in your brain but it's one of the most illegal drugs in the US.

Wakka, I wouldn't worry about any adverse side effects. If there are any, nobody would know yet for a long time - that's how all supplements work, and that's the assumed risk. Just don't overdo it and you shouldn't have to worry about anything.

hi there Wakka. I am a personnal trainer and have had experience with dietary supplements. In particular you mention creatine.

When we work out we use up a substance called ATP (adenosine triosphosphate) - which as it is broken down, releases energy. One purpose of creatine is to convert ADP (reduced ATP) back into ATP by donating a phosphate group. This effectively gives us a short burst of energy. We use our creatine phosphate system primarily in power exercises and strength exercises - like a 100 meter sprint or a punch!

There is NO scientific evidence to suggest that creatine when taken as a supplement is beneficial to us. Because creatine is required and thus present in such small amounts, taking creatine supplements can actually prevent the body from producing creatine in as large volumes, naturally.

There are also other health risks associated with taking creatine as a supplement, one of my colleagues used to take it and reported accute stomach cramps. There is also the high cost.

As a personnal trainer, I would NEVER advise a client to take creatine supplements. I believe they do more harm than good (i dont think they do any good) and I honestly believe that most effects you feel off it are a placebo. I therefore advise that you stop taking creatine, and ensure that you concentrate on your diet.

If you want any advise on exercise programmes and things like that, I am more than happy to help. Just pm me!

sorry for any grammar/spelling mistakes.

It is your choice whether or not you want to take Creatine Wakka. But I will inform you that you are not taking it properly! You have to go through phases of loading. I do not know much about this, but i can find out for you.

The only thing i have found wrong is that doctors don't know it's long term effects as well as it's not approved by the FDA (because its a dietary supplement). It hasn't been out long enough in its current form to be able to state its long term effects.

I don't know much about it but you pretty much summed up what the weight lifting instructor guy at my school said. I guess it's basically all up to you whether you risk the chance that this stuff has any harmful long term effects. I personally wouldn't just to boost my self-esteem (assuming that's why you're doing it) and get a nice looking body.

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

Ah! That's good to know...

I'm not really into weight lifting as I really don't think guys find this:

femalebodybuildercn6.gif

Too sexy...

Excuse me as I go throw up my dinner...

But seriously, that's disgusting. Besides the face, that looks like a guy. It looks like a man's chest, legs, arms, abs.

Is that seriously a guy or a girl??? It looks like a guy but looks like a girl at the same time.

122 Combat : 99 Hits : 99 Attack : 99 Strength

97/99 Defence : 99 Fletching : 99 Woodcutting

@Timmay: If its a guy, then hes got no balls, if its a girl, shes got no breats... I don't really know which it is, but its kinda scary...

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

The side effects are horrible if you over dose, I just did a report on it.

In my opinion, if you need supplements like that to gain and build muscle, than you aren't working out enough, and/or are too lazy to workout more and build muscle it naturally.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

The side effects are horrible if you over dose, I just did a report on it.

In my opinion, if you need supplements like that to gain and build muscle, than you aren't working out enough, and/or are too lazy to workout more and build muscle it naturally.

Would you mind posting that report please? I prefer not to use supplements, but I'd still be interested to see what those side effects are.

Punctuation.gif

"In so far as I am Man I am the chief of creatures. In so far as I am a man I am the chief of sinners." - G.K. Chesterton

hi there Wakka. I am a personnal trainer and have had experience with dietary supplements. In particular you mention creatine.

When we work out we use up a substance called ATP (adenosine triosphosphate) - which as it is broken down, releases energy. One purpose of creatine is to convert ADP (reduced ATP) back into ATP by donating a phosphate group. This effectively gives us a short burst of energy. We use our creatine phosphate system primarily in power exercises and strength exercises - like a 100 meter sprint or a punch!

There is NO scientific evidence to suggest that creatine when taken as a supplement is beneficial to us. Because creatine is required and thus present in such small amounts, taking creatine supplements can actually prevent the body from producing creatine in as large volumes, naturally.

There are also other health risks associated with taking creatine as a supplement, one of my colleagues used to take it and reported accute stomach cramps. There is also the high cost.

As a personnal trainer, I would NEVER advise a client to take creatine supplements. I believe they do more harm than good (i dont think they do any good) and I honestly believe that most effects you feel off it are a placebo. I therefore advise that you stop taking creatine, and ensure that you concentrate on your diet.

If you want any advise on exercise programmes and things like that, I am more than happy to help. Just pm me!

sorry for any grammar/spelling mistakes.

It is your choice whether or not you want to take Creatine Wakka. But I will inform you that you are not taking it properly! You have to go through phases of loading. I do not know much about this, but i can find out for you.

Thanks for that info. What do you have to say about regular protein drinks?

As an aside, I'm getting my wisdom teeth yanked on Friday and I'm getting put under. Do you think drinking protein shakes is a good idea to keep going while I'm recovering?

summerpngwy6.jpg

As an aside, I'm getting my wisdom teeth yanked on Friday and I'm getting put under. Do you think drinking protein shakes is a good idea to keep going while I'm recovering?

You're probably asking the other guy, but in my opinion I don't think there would be any reason unless you're worried about losing weight from being inactive for a few days. I'd just ask the surgeon though when you go in. From my experiences of getting my wisdom teeth out, I wouldn't say that'd help at all, except for it being a nice liquid to drink that has some substance while you can't chew solids.