Whip - Most Overated Weapon in the Game...

andylax38

For the whole issue of speed...

Go to the main site, knowledge base, then search for "Combat - Weapon Types".

* Home > Manual > Combat > Combat - Weapon Types

It even has a nifty little speed bar that will prove the speeds of everything and end this idiotic flame war.

t3hshabster.png

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dagger:

alldaggers.gif

speed4.gif

Scimitar:

allscimmys.gif

speed4.gif

Whip:

abyssalwhip.gif

speed4.gif

All taken from the Runescape Knowledge Base.

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

I wouldn't call it overrated. Although it cuts out strength training, that doesn't matter if your ultimate goal is flat 99s. You cannot deny that it is more accurate and harder hitting than the scimmy. So, you can either go for straight 99s on a whip the whole time, or on a whip part time and a scimmy part time. Obviously the whip is going to be faster. As for the cost, it took me a week to make the money for my first whip. I can't imagine it taking anybody months.... I train in full rune because I don't like nature crafting much, and I always have something better to spend my money on than torags.

Whip has faster attack rate (same as dagger) and gives 82 STR bonus against scimmy's 66.

Daggers, whips, and scimitars all have the same attack speed

Whips are faster than any other weapon... check the knowledge base itself... whips are fastest in game...

Anyway.... the whip is for fast and good attack and defence training... you just dont want it because *oooh, I'm a strength pure!* nice 30s you hit there with a scim.... but how often do you hit them?

You have forgotten throwing knives, they hit insanely fast on rapid mode.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Whip has faster attack rate (same as dagger) and gives 82 STR bonus against scimmy's 66.

Daggers, whips, and scimitars all have the same attack speed

Whips are faster than any other weapon... check the knowledge base itself... whips are fastest in game...

Anyway.... the whip is for fast and good attack and defence training... you just dont want it because *oooh, I'm a strength pure!* nice 30s you hit there with a scim.... but how often do you hit them?

You have forgotten throwing knives, they hit insanely fast on rapid mode.

No they RELEASE insanely fast, but unless you have an equally insane ranged level, they'll just bounce off and fall on the floor. We're talking about MELEE weapons here.

Why is 'common sense' so named, when there is so little of it about?

Welcome to puberty, we've been expecting you.

newsighq9.jpg

Str training. Controlled is faster anyway.

Scim. Why use scim if whip is faster anyway?

Money. Who cares? 1.8m is nothing. Totally worth it to have the best weapon. I payed 12m for my first whip and it was worth it then.

remember, that even if the max hit may be only one more... it makes an bigger chance to hit (not that much, as you said) and a bigger chance to hit harder... as there is a bigger chance to hit 20+ with a whip than a scimmy, even though the max hit is about the same...

so, as long i don't train strenght, i'm using my whip =)

Scherzo.png

Well, here's my two cents.

1. About how the whip has no strength training? Well, there's a mini-game called Pest Control.

2. People are asking why they would pay 1.8M more than a scimmy. Why do you think people buy trimmed armour? Black cavs? Berets? Elegant outfits? Because they want the best.They might not give stat bonuses, but it shows you can afford the best.

I'll tell my freind to read it. He wanted a whip for soooo long... he got now he is level 87 with a whip and full rune.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Well, here's my two cents.

1. About how the whip has no strength training? Well, there's a mini-game called Pest Control.

2. People are asking why they would pay 1.8M more than a scimmy. Why do you think people buy trimmed armour? Black cavs? Berets? Elegant outfits? Because they want the best.They might not give stat bonuses, but it shows you can afford the best.

1. You get more strength exp in pest control with dscimmy then with whip bunghulio.

2. so if your level 100+ got addy armour and whip you got the best.. <.<

The whip is quite good actually. I can see why it would be bad in someone who can barely afford ones view though as it doesnt have a str option. But I think the whip owns in the wildy, and is best for training attack+def.
But if you loose it in the wildy then u have to pay 1.8mil to replace.. unlike paying 100k.

To the author, Im guessing you wouldnt want to mess up your perfect barrows pure stats with a whip, eh?

Honestly, i payed 6.3m for a whip, and ive used the same one since then, i absolutely refuse to sell it.

I even have payed for a friends whip when they were 5.9m

Its not overated (like payton manning :evil:) because to be considered overated, there would have to be a better weapon, and fact it, the whips ONLY downfall is the no str option with the recent update to its gen store price.

If you want to continue to use a d scimmy, go right ahead, just when you start pking (if you do, if not, when you start training attack and IF you start training defense) you will usually be obliterated by someone of the same levels with a whip.

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

It is not overrated; you merely have 70 att and def, meaning that you hardly used it long enough to reach a valid conclusion. The whip makes training much easier.

Even then, 1.9M is a small price to pay, even if it did give just a marginal advantage.

Ugh...not another one. Gotta explain this allllllll again...

To your first point: If a whip could train strength, it'd be the perfect weapon. Jagex purposely gave the whip a weakness, and that in my opinion keeps the triangle balanced.

To your second point: I beg to differ. I hit at least 2 higher with a whip, as do most of my friends who own a whip do. Whip is faster than a dragon scimitar, and is more accurate.

To your third point: So what if they want a whip really bad? Why do you care what their goal is? Get the hell over it, you're not changing their ideas. Some people have their sole goal as a 99 stat, or all 99s. They may not accomplish it, but that doesn't make it your place to crush their dreams. Let them dream, and when they realize they can't do it (if they don't pull it off), they'll "wake up".

And, if you love your scimitar so much, don't impose your thoughts on others as to dis the whip, which is how you're coming across.

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.