Cheapest spell for barrows...

Captainkidd

i think slayer dart is better... but i have only 18 slayer w00t!!!

but theres is a way i think... down ahrim and karil in crypt then go tuneel..

so tunnel will have 4 melee borhters which you can safespot with fire bolt... can this be ddone?

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so tunnel will have 4 melee borhters which you can safespot with fire bolt... can this be ddone?

Yes, but it is quite risky at times. Some rooms do not have safespots and you might spend a lot of time trying to get the brothers by opening and closing doors. This will spawn a whole load of creatures which will attack you in the tunnels, interupting you when you use the safespot.

And of course, there is also the option where karil OR ahrim becomes the tunnel guy. Therefore it is rather hard to get into the right gear/outfit/attack/spell/prayer.

Personally, I think slayer dart is the BEST spell and more cost effective, thus making it cheaper than fire bolt:

Slayer dart

1. Damages increases with magic level...max of 19

2. Magic bonus has little effect on it, making it easier to hit even with negative(low level players need not use mystic robes, ahrims is good for high levels cos the def is great)

3. The chest replenishes your runes, and sometimes you end up having more runes than you started with.

Fire bolt

1. Max damage is 13, but 15 with chaos gauntlets. BUT, if you can easily use some better gloves with more def and bonuses with slayer dart.

2. Depends a lot on magic bonus

3. Chest only replenishes chaos runes, have to buy more airs or fires. Slayer staff is not a bad melee weapon.

Yes, but it is quite risky at times. Some rooms do not have safespots and you might spend a lot of time trying to get the brothers by opening and closing doors. This will spawn a whole load of creatures which will attack you in the tunnels, interupting you when you use the safespot.

And of course, there is also the option where karil OR ahrim becomes the tunnel guy. Therefore it is rather hard to get into the right gear/outfit/attack/spell/prayer.

but the at safepots monster will target you and get stuck in the safspot too... argh i dont know maybe i try later...

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Now thats 7.5k diffrence, thats not alot but what if you did barrows 100 times thats 750k!

Yes, so, in 100 times u could have a barrow item.

And if u sell it, u get more that 750K back so...

Or it has to be Torags items...

No problem

masterofquestep4.gif

Doesn't slayer dart hit harder though?

Anyways, Verac's is the way real men barrow. None of the pansy praying. Toe to toe with the brothers, that's the way it's done.

Exactly! :)

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

so im an idiot for using ice burst? even when i make all the runes back?

No.

CaptainKid said fire bolt is cheaper. Which it is. Slayer dart is 380 per cast. Fire bolt is (assuming you are using a fire staff) 230 per cast. If you can do basic math 230 is less then 380. Therefore CHEAPER. It would not matter if you did or didn't get runes back for slayer dart. Fire bolt will be cheaper. Is fire bolt more efficient? No. But thats not the point of the thread

do you people not know how to read???

I found out that slayer dart is not the most profitable spell you can use, Fire bolt is.
thats what he said, its more profitable, which it isn't as I proved on the previous page. Yes the point of this thread is about efficiency, because efficiency is what gives profit.

I stopped at page 2.

No one is gonna read this.. but oh well...

Like said, its not the total value of the runes that makes everyone use Slayer dart.

Its the fact that the chest replaces the runes needed for that spell, plus some. If I use slayer dart, I NEVER use more deaths and minds than given, but I also do Barrows in many runs at a time. (if you go once or twice, you have a strong chance of not making your runes back)

But to be honest, the best way to do Barrows is using the Black salamander!

It doesn't use runes!

It hits for 24 max mage hit!

It looks cool with its little flames!

I do Barrows with Sally all the time now. \'

On a more serious note, it is a pain to get the tar for it, and it also need harlandar. But, i have a ton of harlander, as it never had a good use before. And Cave slimes drop them well, and I don't mind killing them for the ammo for Sally.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

Now thats 7.5k diffrence, thats not alot but what if you did barrows 100 times thats 750k!

No problem

1: Where did you get that avatar? It's identical to Mana's...

2: So you'd rather have a Barrows item that barely covers the costs over having that 750k from the item be pure profit? C'mon people, think before you post.

Honestly, I've never seen such a general idiocy of the Tip.it community on any one thread as this one.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

i hybrid barrows, so i only used around 70 casts, which is 70 deaths, 280 minds. the rest of the time, i use dds/dscim/whip on karil and ahrim. i normally get more runes than i sue, so i actually make a profit, and i dont evem have to buy air runes.
Who ever said you have to by airs......? Anyways, your saying you can do a billion trips with only 70 deaths and 280 minds? If so get a video of it, so all of tip.it knows your a lier, I mean great at barrows
What he means is that the majority of the time he can replenish his runes used at the chest. I use around 50 casts per trip, and usually get the runes for more than I used. If I don't, the extra runes from previous trips lets me continue. And all chaos and blood = profit \'

pissant22.png

Currently subsisting off of God Wars: 3 shards, 1 bandos hilt, 2 sara swords, 1 steam staff, and 2 zamorak spears.

No problem

1: Where did you get that avatar? It's identical to Mana's...

2: So you'd rather have a Barrows item that barely covers the costs over having that 750k from the item be pure profit? C'mon people, think before you post.

Honestly, I've never seen such a general idiocy of the Tip.it community on any one thread as this one.

barrow items come every 20-30 rounds, you could have 3-5 barrow items by that time, that could be up to 10m.

in addition to that, those values are inaccurate, aswell as the fact that most people can finish a run using 60 deaths, 240 minds, thats 20.4k. Otherwise, if you do use 75 deaths, it will cost you 25.5k. The fire bolt calculations are accurate though, it does cost 21k. SO if you have some good magic gear on you, you can actually make slayer dart more profitable if you do not count the barrow items.

I stopped at page 2.

Like said, its not the total value of the runes that makes everyone use Slayer dart.

Its the fact that the chest replaces the runes needed for that spell, plus some. If I use slayer dart, I NEVER use more deaths and minds than given, but I also do Barrows in many runs at a time. (if you go once or twice, you have a strong chance of not making your runes back)

It doesn't use runes!

On a more serious note, it is a pain to get the tar for it, and it also need harlandar. But, i have a ton of harlander, as it never had a good use before. And Cave slimes drop them well, and I don't mind killing them for the ammo for Sally.

Here's a little known fact (i think i discovered it), the fastest place to get swamp tar is the pirate ship from Lunar Diplomacy. Just go down 1 floor and there are 3 tar barrels right near eachother, they respawn faster than the in lumby swamp, and there is multiple tars per barrel. I tried all 3 methods for collecting tar (spawns in swamps, cave slime killing, Lunar diplomacy ship), and this one is BY FAR the fastest, other than buying. Granted, i havent found a use for tar with a red sally, but it is a good way for me to make money \' .

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

• 1 month later...

I stopped at page 2.

It doesn't use runes!

Here's a little known fact (i think i discovered it), the fastest place to get swamp tar is the pirate ship from Lunar Diplomacy. Just go down 1 floor and there are 3 tar barrels right near eachother, they respawn faster than the in lumby swamp, and there is multiple tars per barrel. I tried all 3 methods for collecting tar (spawns in swamps, cave slime killing, Lunar diplomacy ship), and this one is BY FAR the fastest, other than buying. Granted, i havent found a use for tar with a red sally, but it is a good way for me to make money \' .

All i see is apples :-k

Quest cape got at 25th july 2007! Did grim tales and mouring end 2 to get same day!

99/99 strength got at 30th september 2007

I could have sworn I saw this topic ages ago... :-k

I don't know if this is a sensible argument or not, but fire bolt is a lot slower, which means greater p pot usage (Assuming you pray all the way through Dharok, Verac, and Karil). Like a guy above me said, fire bolt may be cheaper, but not more efficient. If it is less efficient, you are not making money that you otherwise would, which is effectively losing money (it's like selling whip drops to a general store - do you still make money? Yes. Could you be making a hell of a lot more? Yes.)

^ btw trust leesters to come up with an innovative and ingenious solution :roll:

I stopped at page 2.

It doesn't use runes!

All i see is apples :-k

Black salamander is indeed the best way to do this. I also use them down there, max hit increases with your magic level, but it hits way harder then magic darts.

Doesn't matter how cheap a spell is. With the p pot factor, time is quite literally money. We should be talking about how cheap a run is, not how cheap the spell you cast during a run is.

I'm going to try my new black salamander there, seeing as each shot only costs 67gp. :-k

1 Harralander per 15 tars..

1 Harr is 1k

1000/15 is ~67.

^ ^

+ If you plant yourself harras ever time your going to log off, when you log back in you're sorted.

-------

Currently looking for someone to make me a signature.. pm here or in game! Thanks ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâæ Fonz

if you use chaos gauntlets i can max at 15 with fire bolt so this will help you theory also 8-)
:shock: I forgot all about that too, that only helps a bit but its still makes my theory stronger.

Yeah, 15s can conpare with 19s :roll:

Plus you don't get airs back

fkshfjknsjg9.png

Dont forget! When you use slayer dart you get about all the runes back that you used, when you use fire spels you waste fire/air runes.

When you finish the minigame you are almost 100% to get both death and mind and many of them, I just wish i had 55 slayer.

That's wrong imo.

With slayer dart you get your runes back (I always end up with lots more deaths and mind than I came with).

And slayer darts hits harder than fire bolt.

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.

For everyone who claims "You can get your deaths and minds back if you use slayer dart," let me ask you this.

Does using firebolt mean you no longer get deaths and minds?

Are deaths and minds worth nothing?

Lets say you use 100 deaths 400 minds (making these numbers up, I haven't barrowed for too long and I don't quite remember exact values.) You get 150 deaths, 600 minds.

Now lets say you used 150 chaos and 450 airs, like this gentlemen suggests.

With the first method you get all your runes back + 50 deaths and 200 minds.

With the second method, you get to keep ALL 150 deaths and 600 minds. I don't believe what spell you use is taken into account when determining your reward.

Spend 30k in Chaos + Air Runes, and earn 54k in Death + Mind Runes,

Or

Spend 36k in Death + Mind Runes, and earn back 54k in Death + Mind Runes.

Your profit margin is higher in the first example.

As for prayer issues, with 76 prayer I can finish off Dharok and Karil with prayer, and still have leftover for Ahrim and sometimes Guthan. Torag and Verac are easy to safespot in the tunnels below, and Guthan as well if I didn't kill him above. Since no prayer pots are used, the few extra seconds spent fighting Dharok and Karil means maybe I'll spend an extra lobster on Ahrim...

That's wrong imo.

With slayer dart you get your runes back (I always end up with lots more deaths and mind than I came with).

And slayer darts hits harder than fire bolt.

That's only partially correct.

As stated above you get your runes no matter what spell your using, and you can sell the runes since you're not using them to pay for the airs, as well as have more profit than you would have had using slayer dart.

Also, slayer dart hits (Magic Level)/10, truncated. That means you can hit from 15 to 20, depending on your magic level. (If you're 99 magic and use potion you can hit 20s.) For someone with low magic this means you hit just as high with firebolt and chaos gauntlets.

But you'd also have to sacrifice inventory space, for mage armour, to cast the Fire Bolts successfully.

Slayer Dart is not affected by negated Magic bonus if I'm not mistaken.

Also you almost always get enough Minds and Deaths from the Chest to use.

91 Combat

80 Cooking

Yeah.