What's the diffrence between newb and noob, for you?

SwreeTak

What you think is the diffrence between a newb and a noob? If you want to you can put in examples that marks the diffrence.

For me, a newb is a person who don't know about the game and how to do diffrent things, for example how to milk a cow. That's why the newb maybe tries to find out how to milk a cow by asking other players how to milk a cow. Finally someone will probalby tell him or her how to milk a cow, and then he or her will go and milk the cow.

A noob with the same problem above, which want milk but know how to get it, will probalby folow some person saying something like: "Pl00z give me some freee milk, plzzzzzzz" or "I need milk, you have some milk i can get for free, plzzzz". This is because the noob think it's to hard to get his own milk, and that's also why he's/she's a noob according to me.

Post here what you think the difference between a noob and a newb is.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Newb is someone that is very new too the game.A newb can also be a Noob but doesn't have to be...

A Noob is- well, we all know what they are.

Visit my blog

fractalsigdone.jpg

Signature made by dsavi_x4

A Newb, short for Newbie, is a new player that doesn't yet know all that is required to "get by" in the game.

The term "Noob" no longer holds any meaning. It has been thrown around so much that it really doesn't mean anything anymore.

linktipitsigfb1.png

A Newb is someone that is very new too the game.A newb can also be a Noob but doesn't have to be...

A Noob is- well, we all know what they are.

Elaorate your second point...

To me noob, newb, neeb, nub, and every other variation mean nothing. Well, maybe that the user of the word isn't creative enough to come up with something original to say...

35b9enp.jpg

newbeeee bzzzz = new player...

noob = annoing ppl that think that thry know everything about rs and keep following ppl or selling stuff for 20x the normal price without scamming...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Newb - This still to me is a derogatory term. I personally would say "Newbie", which isn't as bad to me.

Noob - I no longer say this. This is not cool, nor does it have any effect on the person you're saying it to. The new way, and the best way, to get your point across is to say "shrub". "Shrub" is the new "noob".

Click here.

If you go there good things will transpire.

Newb: A person who is new to something.

e.g. Trimming armor for newbs.

Noob: 1. A word that a person says to someone when they are annoyed or upset. Thus backfiring in their face. 2. A person who annoys someone else.

e.g. Omg you are such a noob for mining my rock.

Any variations are only a variation of one of the two words above. There are no multiple meanings. In my mind at least. :-w

Newb: noun a person who is new to the game, and asks for help or doesn't know what to do

Example: Hey, can you show me how to get money so i can buy a mithril sword?

Noob: noun 1) A person who acts arrogant, calls other people noobs and asks for "phr33 st00f pl0x" because he thinks he isn't good enough to make his own money and so he feeds on other people's efforts/money (a.k.a. a parasite)

Example:

-hey lv76 cn u giv me an mith sw

-No, sorry.

-n00b

2) An insult used by people who have nothing better to do and think everyone whose level is lower than his is a "noob"

Example: a level 26 comes into barbarian village and starts fighting one

-Level 28: n00b

Lamest attempt at a lure ever.
No, Ive seen "selling easter egg 5m must be level 78 77 or 76 and meet at varrock bar unarmed.

It depends on how it is being used.

That being said they are both pretty much the same to me nowadays.

Just a meaningless insult. (generally.)

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Newbs are new.

Noobs, however, make an excellent creme de broule' as long as they've been marinated for at least 3 hours.

:mrgreen:

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

newb=someone new who doesn't know the game very well

noob=Someone who may not know the game very well like a newb, but he or she is incredibly annoying and frustrating to deal with. Synomous with narb, neeb or nooblet

• 6 months later...

A newb is anyone below level 30, and a noob is anyone who is annoying

Simple :D

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

A newb is just a new player who doesn't know much and a noob is an annoying jerk. :D

yea, to me aswell

like last night... there was noobs and newbs at castlewars (w9), the noobs were killing teammates with collapsing boulders, while the newbs were destroying the barricades cause they thought it was "a bad thing" :wall:

why, why cant you kill your own teammates?!

Take your time to post on my blog please!

underbanner_proto.jpg

Open up your hate and let it flow into me, madness is the gift that has been given to me...