Quality or Quantity?

Doughnut

Personally I would prefer Quality over quantity in updates for Runescape. Right now the updates Jagex are putting out are decent, but they really aren't the greatest. I would rather one large update that they put some thought into and gave great rewards, then for some little stupid quest or a new peice of bone weaponry.

Whats your opinion for updates? Quality or Quantity

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

Definetly quality, definetly.

Why?

If they put in 2 stupid updates in 2 weeks that I will use once each then never again, it's almost nothing.

If they spend.. heck 2 months creating an update as awesome as castlewars or something, then yeah I'd be happier.

redbullsigortiz.jpg

I don't really care because most updates are quests anyways.. and my brain is to small for quests..

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

But why do you want Quality over quantity? I want a kind of mini discussion I guess of why you prefer one or the other, not a one word post.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Completely agree that quality should come before quantity. the updates are acceptable, but I'd be happier with fewer high quality updates.

I think the world is big enough now... time to concentrate on improving its existing content.

Harrington.gif

I say every update should be like construction. The game is big enough as it is, we don't need more, put it all out at once.

It's never big enough in my opinion.

I say every update should be like construction. The game is big enough as it is, we don't need more, put it all out at once.

you'd get really bored, really fast... :XD:

Anyway, i do prefer a balance of both...

i like good updates that are well thought out and good, but i do like to see updates regularly. So i would say 100% quality, 0% quantity is a little rediculous, you wouldn't get to many updates. But i would say 0% quality, 100% quality is just way out of line..

Im happy with how things are at the moment. Every couple of months there are a few features/items that become popular. So they are producing good quality updates but also giving us updates inbetween the quality ones.

I think todays quest was great and the reward was excellent. I love the new helm.

bunyip.png

Im happy with how things are at the moment. Every couple of months there are a few features/items that become popular. So they are producing good quality updates but also giving us updates inbetween the quality ones.

I think todays quest was great and the reward was excellent. I love the new helm.

The reward sucked for one reason. IT MESSED UP PKING EVEN MORE! There is a new untradeable helm with awesome defence, awesome strength bonus, and a prayer bonus. Wo0o0! we the pkers get one less item. Thats besides the point, but thats one of the reasons why I'm starting to hate updates. Everything is become untradeable.

That was way off topic...

"]doughnutt.jpg

i would like once a month update where all lvl's could enjoy, new minigame, area, city or new items. another week they could make one update like quest, long short, doesn't matter (most likely short, because long one would need nice rewards). Other two weeks they could make "Engine" updates, the ones we don't see but are needed for runescape as a game.

One of the reasons is that i barely can run along with new quest areas and everything, now i have to think before i do quest, will it benefit me enough so i can drop what I'm doing now, and for most updates i say no.

as for pking, if you fight against pures then noone will have those untradable items, if you fighting against non-pures, well you already have advantage and i don't see why you complaining.

Just my .02

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

How do you know that they are not putting out the highest quality updates possible already?

As for hurting PKing? Good. Great. Make it even less attractive for the thugs in the wild to bother innocent people. I love watching the bullies whine and cry. Makes my day.

there should be 4 updates a month:

1 "easy" quest

1 "hard" quest / new skill (or the other half of hunting)

1 mini-game

1 graphics update

I don't want a bunch of quests that get used once. I want gameplay and graphics updates.

nh.jpg

seeing how, quality would be good and all but... really quantity is all i want now, something to break up the daily randomness instead of oh, 3 weeks later we add something thats okay, but s till garbage, instead of adding 3 updates that broke up 2-3 days of my weeks random boringness.

Then every 6 months a decent weapon. Not one powerfuler( >,< ) then a whip but around the same damage capability.

"]doughnutt.jpg