The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how long the bar took to load since I seriously fell asleep in my chair while waiting \' .

Btw, I suggest to all to NOT try and kill any opposing faction city bosses. My guild tried to kill the king(?) is Darnassus and wiped before making a dent. The guards are all level 75 and the boss himself was 80+. Oh, not to mention that he had 5mil hitpoints.

:evil: :wall:

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

Well... I finally got it to download. And now I get

! World of Warcraft could not be found. Please make sure the game is properly installed.

Well it is properly installed. I was playing all day yesterday, and haven't changed anything since then.

Sooo... I try to go to the WoW tech support forum for some help.

Not Found

The requested URL http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/ was not found on this server.

keyboardsmash.gif

Ugh, I hate this Spell Power [cabbage]. All the greedy mages and warlocks are going to roll on healer gear, and vice versa. Really ticks me off. That's the one thing about this patch that really angers me. I love the new restoration tree for druids, I've just screwed up my talents twice due to not reading lol. I'll fix it for a second time eventually, don't wanna burn another 25 or so gold. I also see an built in threat warning, not sure if that was there before. I really like most aspects of the patch, never gonna like spell power though. Ever. :x

rangesig.gif

What the hell is spell power?

And I'd check out the patch as I have a month left (sigh >_<) but already uninstalled the game so I could fit Crysis Wars on my PC. Oh well :P

They lumped all gear for casters, both dps and healers, into one stat. Not Spell Damage and Healing anymore, but Spell power. So now all Healer and Caster DPS gear has the same main stat in basically equivalent amounts; and all the healer gear will get rolled on by dps, and dps gear by healers. [developmentally delayed]ed.

rangesig.gif

Guess I don't see the issue like you do here. They're just making it so that there isn't a billion stats. Nothing sucks more than a piece of healing loot dropping when you have a ton of casters that need it, and vice-versa.

But what do I know anyways.

Server mainteance ends when my school ends, lucky me.

Spell Power, well... the items for healers and dps can be separated, with mp5

Or hit rating, or possibly crit and haste.

VIX VIX VIX

Ugh, I hate this Spell Power [cabbage]. All the greedy mages and warlocks are going to roll on healer gear, and vice versa. Really ticks me off. That's the one thing about this patch that really angers me. I love the new restoration tree for druids, I've just screwed up my talents twice due to not reading lol. I'll fix it for a second time eventually, don't wanna burn another 25 or so gold. I also see an built in threat warning, not sure if that was there before. I really like most aspects of the patch, never gonna like spell power though. Ever. :x

If a boss dropped 2 pieces of healer gear and 2 pieces of dps gear, it'll now drop 4 pieces of caster gear. So whereas before, say you got lucky with the healer pieces and all your healers got everything they needed but the dps didnt have anything yet, another healer piece drop would be useless. Now all these pieces can be shared amongst the casters. Of course there'll still be some kind of itemisation so you have your preferred pieces, but it means there's less wasted drops.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

I used a Torrent downloader for the pre-patch so I already have the patch instead of getting it stuck from 95%-99% like most people. I'll only have a megabyte or so for the actual patch so I'll be online pretty fast. I've got my glyphs sorted, but am still undecided whether to get the pengiun or polar bear polymorph! :lol: :lol:

Druid is now 32 and warlock is almost 17, rejigged my UI a bit so have more space!

Starting to learn LUA now, or trying to, and Xml and I plan on making some simple AddOns which help me - I do learn programming pretty fast once I know how it works.

I've tried learning LUA, but I don't know where to learn from. :( Could you help me out? (I imagine it couldn't be too hard compared to Java).

'or trying to' - Yeah, I haven't really found anywhere yet. I've tried the WoW tutorials but even though they are simple, they dive right into it. :? :?

EDIT: You guys know I used a Torrent downloader to finish the patch before it's release? Well it's gone straight to 99% and have 0.02 GB Left :) iPro.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Well I finally got it working. I tried inserting my original WoW install disk while installing the patch, and that seemed to do the trick.

Horse mounts run differently now and look like they're limping :? .

Btw, my friend claims when he went to dl the patch, it downloaded in like 30 seconds, and was about 1.2 GB. But then it downloaded another patch which was about 6GB afterwards. Anybody know what he is talking about? (And I don't think he thought the installation was a download.)

Wow. Holy paladins became the new holy mages in plate. We kick arse. :shock: Haven't tried it in PvP though yet...

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg