The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's your flaw; "Heroics and 10-Mans". I am talking about high end raiding where the order will be same assuming a mostly tank/spank fight. Elemental and Enhancement are on par at the highest level but elemental doesn't need that much of a buff because of the sheer amount of raidbuffs they give to casters, same with moonkins. Enhancement doesn't give as much to a raid as elemental does but does roughly the same DPS and hence why I said it needs a buff.

Shamans are godly in terms of lore and would pretty much destroy anything unless they angered the elements so much but in the game at the moment elemental is decent, enhancement needs small buffs and restoration needs a fix. Definately not awesome in PvE.

Uh, Enhancement scales better with raid buffs, because it benefits from both melee and caster buffs.

And you are judging shamans based on their performance in content that the majority of players won't even experience?

No I'm basing it on a 5-10 minute tank/spank fight where all classes are geared equally and are equally skilled and every raid buff is present. :|

If you're going emo because you're a shaman and you think I'm calling you a noob, I'm not. I'm calling SHAMANS slightly underpowered on the enhancement side and more underpowered on the restoration side. Good for enhancement scaling better with raid buffs but even with all of them they are still on the underpowered side I feel. They only need a 1% or 2% DPS boost.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

I can't stand dealing with inner guild drama, it always just feels so [developmentally delayed]. I mean, people [bleep] up and down because of a game always feels odd. Just one of the reasons why I can't raid anymore.

It just made me angry because, forgetting about my performance for a moment, I'm one of those guildies who is consistent, reliable, willing to do anything to see the guild move forward, but none of it matters when it comes down to the rulebook.

[bleep] me dead, I logged in last night because a bunch of raiders wanted boots made (I've been lucky with Uldy LW patters, lol).

I can't stand dealing with inner guild drama, it always just feels so [developmentally delayed]. I mean, people [bleep] up and down because of a game always feels odd. Just one of the reasons why I can't raid anymore.

It just made me angry because, forgetting about my performance for a moment, I'm one of those guildies who is consistent, reliable, willing to do anything to see the guild move forward, but none of it matters when it comes down to the rulebook.

[bleep] me dead, I logged in last night because a bunch of raiders wanted boots made (I've been lucky with Uldy LW patters, lol).

I always disappear randomly from my guild in WoW. They'd see me on every day and then one day I just won't log onto vent or in game anymore.

Just hate dealing with the backlash "omg we gave you this loot and you leave wtf??". They already gave me the same [cabbage] when I was rejoining earlier this year. Loot rules always seem so ridiculous to me. It's in my state of mind that if you helped kill a boss, you should get a share pass at the loot. I'm sure most of you are going to disagree with me.

I always disappear randomly from my guild in WoW. They'd see me on every day and then one day I just won't log onto vent or in game anymore.

Just hate dealing with the backlash "omg we gave you this loot and you leave wtf??". They already gave me the same [cabbage] when I was rejoining earlier this year. Loot rules always seem so ridiculous to me. It's in my state of mind that if you helped kill a boss, you should get a share pass at the loot. I'm sure most of you are going to disagree with me.

Nadril, if you join back up, and maybe feel like learning how to tank, you can come to my guild :P We are uber laid back and are looking for backup tanks cause I'm really the only consistent one.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Do you think there is actually any chance of me joining again with Aion around the corner? :lol:

Not to mention I'd probably flip a [bleep]ing lid having to tank for people in WoW raiding. [cabbage] it's annoying enough being a DPS. Really though, I don't see myself coming back anymore. I've come back before, yeah, but this last time I came back I barely lasted 2 or 3 months in the game. I've just completely grown out of whatever little bit I liked about raiding.

Do you think there is actually any chance of me joining again with Aion around the corner? :lol:

Not to mention I'd probably flip a [bleep] lid having to tank for people in WoW raiding. [cabbage] it's annoying enough being a DPS. Really though, I don't see myself coming back anymore. I've come back before, yeah, but this last time I came back I barely lasted 2 or 3 months in the game. I've just completely grown out of whatever little bit I liked about raiding.

Ha ha, fair enough. I just put up the offer in case. I'm quitting for one month due to school/Aion, but I might join back up in Novermberish.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

[hide=Glory of the Hero]2lkemty.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Glory of the Ulduar Raider (10 Player)]2rzxwdk.jpg[/hide]

Got these a while a go actually. Mimiron hardmode is a [bleep]ing fun fight. 2nd attempt (Which was our first passed Phase 1 because 2 healers DCd as we engaged) we had the head on 10k and both others on 1 when the room exploded. However 13 tries later we killed him. :mrgreen:

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Speaking of Ulduar, joined in a group that was doing Keepers, and we had ignis to do too.

Ignis went down after about 5 tries due to the person tanking the adds not knowing what to do 100%

We've failed on Hodir due to people not being able to avoid the frost blast and and freeing the NPCs...

Now we're wiping on Thorim.

Horrid experience for my first proper chance at Ulduar =/

How long does it take to get level 80? God, I really want to do those raids :|

Oh, and any low level (Around 20ish) horde players in dragonblight server, give me a PM (Over tipit or on the game. Roobiee is my character name). I need a quest buddy.

(I'm a level 18 blood elf rouge)

I decided I'd be in horde and be a warlock blood elf. Soon Ill buy the WoW battlechest thing and a 2 month pre-paid card, but anyone who is willing to help me when I start the game give me your username or something? Thanks. :thumbsup:

If you join the Burning Blade server add Dishanik and Rikus. I'll help you get started.

Don't do Burning Blade! 75% of the people I encounter are Idiots and/or Ninjas. I can't deal with it anymore; me and my girlfriend are looking at servers to transfer to. :lol: Well; if you create there anyway my toon is Putrid.

How long does it take to get level 80? God, I really want to do those raids :|

Oh, and any low level (Around 20ish) horde players in dragonblight server, give me a PM (Over tipit or on the game. Roobiee is my character name). I need a quest buddy.

(I'm a level 18 blood elf rouge)

My main is on Dragonblight! He is alliance though. :|

rangesig.gif

After getting my first week's paycheck I bought TBC and WotLK and rolled a DK. So much more fun than my mage. Spent 2 days getting mining and skinning to 300 and then I hit Outland for the first time since I started playing, about 1.5 months ago. I am now level 64, have my flying mount and am well on my way to dual speccing. Soloing with the DK is very fun; I just rip through mob after mob WITHOUT DOWNTIME.

With my mage I would drink every 10 minutes, and he dies all the time because cloth is awful. And if I don't die it's because I popped all my cooldowns and ran away till the mobs stopped chasing me.

I decided to be a tank endgame, it's really fun. Already tanked BF, ramparts and mana tombs and had very little trouble keeping aggro (would be none if people didn't insist on going all-out DPS on mobs I am not targeting and only just pulled). And I'm not tank specced (yet).

It seems that 50% of the people I meet in Outland are Death Knights, does this change at level 80?

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

After getting my first week's paycheck I bought TBC and WotLK and rolled a DK. So much more fun than my mage. Spent 2 days getting mining and skinning to 300 and then I hit Outland for the first time since I started playing, about 1.5 months ago. I am now level 64, have my flying mount and am well on my way to dual speccing. Soloing with the DK is very fun; I just rip through mob after mob WITHOUT DOWNTIME.

With my mage I would drink every 10 minutes, and he dies all the time because cloth is awful. And if I don't die it's because I popped all my cooldowns and ran away till the mobs stopped chasing me.

I decided to be a tank endgame, it's really fun. Already tanked BF, ramparts and mana tombs and had very little trouble keeping aggro (would be none if people didn't insist on going all-out DPS on mobs I am not targeting and only just pulled). And I'm not tank specced (yet).

It seems that 50% of the people I meet in Outland are Death Knights, does this change at level 80?

Yeah. It's like 75% at 80. And most are scrubs.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Updating Onyxia is a decent idea.

Thinking about renewing my account, whats the new BG like?

The new BG is actually pretty good and can be really challenging at times depending on how good your team is. Some battles last 10 minutes, some 40 minutes.

Although I don't suggest redoing your account right now due to portal bosses.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

That's an absolute exaggeration. Death Knights at 80 are more populous than other classes because they're easier to level and 'cool?' I guess. Either way, its nowhere near 75% or 50% as players main characters, at all; there are still quite a few though.

rangesig.gif

That's an absolute exaggeration. Death Knights at 80 are more populous than other classes because they're easier to level and 'cool?' I guess. Either way, its nowhere near 75% or 50% as players main characters, at all; there are still quite a few though.

It sucks being in the same Token group as them and Druids, the two most popular classes on my server =/

[hide=Contains Spoilers]World of Warcraft - Cataclysm

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm is the next expansion for World of Warcraft. Dark and forgotten threats that have long stayed out of sight have finally arrived on our shores, unleashing a cataclysmic event upon Azeroth and now preparing more nefarius plans to take it back.

New Classes

The expansion doesn't have any new class. Instead, Blizzard will offer more race and classes combinations to players, some of them have been datamined on the 3.2.2 Test Realms.

Human Hunter

Orc Mage

Night Elf Mage

Dwarf Mage

Blood Elf Warrior

Dwarf Shaman

Undead Hunter

Tauren Paladin

Tauren Priest

Gnome Priest

Troll Druid

Level Cap

The level cap in the next expansion will be slightly lower than expected this time around; 85.

This suggests Blizzard wants more room for expansions before hitting the level 100 cap. With less leveling to do (along with the revamped leveling listed below likely to increase the speed and ease of leveling), leveling a new race remains appealing for new and existing players alike.

New Races

The events of the cataclysm has caused two new races to seek new allies. The Goblins for the Horde and the Worgen for the Alliance.

Goblins

The Goblins have found themselves washed upon an island off the coast of The Barrens, their islands devastated by the cataclysm. As they strive to recover, they come across an Orc captured on an Alliance ship and rescue him. The Orc turns out to be none other than Thrall himself, and in return offers the Goblins a place within the Horde. These events are carried out in a quest line, allowing players to experience first-hand the reasons behind the Goblins' shift from neutrality.

It is unclear if the old Goblin locations such as Kezan and Undermine will be included in Cataclysm with the revelation of the Goblins' displacement.

Worgen

The cataclysm has cracked open the Greymane Wall, finally revealing what has happened to the kingdom of Gilneas and its citizens. The Worgen have ventured forth from Gilneas and sought help from the Alliance, deciding to join them to combat the new threats of Cataclysm.

Gilneas will make extensive use of the phasing system (much like the Death Knight starting area), to show what happened while the kingdom was cut off from the rest of the world and lead up to present day.

Last but not least, Worgens will have two forms and will be able to morph between a human form and a worgen one. Players should be able to pick both appearances when they create their character.

New Content

Cataclysm will be the first expansion not to introduce a new continent, instead making use of previously unreleased zones and revamping existing ones.

Classic Azeroth Revamp

A cataclysmic event caused by Deathwing and Azshara will change the face of Azeroth as we know it. Most of the new content for Cataclysm will take the form of a revamped Azeroth, taking advantage of newer additions to WoW such as phasing and daily quests. Most of the quests and mobs in the classic zones will also be redesigned to make leveling less painful. Some zones will change drastically to fit this, e.g.,

The Barrens will be split into two separate zones of two different level bands.

Azshara will become a low level (~10-20) zone.

Flying in Azeroth

Part of the redesign of the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor is the introduction of flying to the two continents, allowing access to many new areas and quicker travelling across the large continents.

Unreleased Zones & Dungeons

With the addition of flying mounts to Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms and the redesign of many zones, most of the previously unreachable or incomplete zones will now be made available to players. This is where most of the new content from 80 to 85 will take place. Some of these are,

Hyjal (present)

Gilneas - The Worgen starting Zone.

Uldum (Most likely as a dungeon)

Classic Dungeon Revamp

Redesigning Onyxia's Lair in Patch 3.2.2 was just the first step. As most of the leveling will take place in revamped areas of Azeroth, so too will the dungeons, allowing players to use them to level from 80 to 85.

As far as I know, Ragnaros will also be back in this expansion.

Deathwing

Deathwing the Destroyer / Neltharion the Earth-Warder will play a major role in Cataclysm. Having been driven mad by Old God whisperings and turning against his own kind only to be fail in his attempts, Deathwing has sunk into the shadows. While the Horde and the Alliance were busy fighting back the Burning Legion only to then be beset with the Scourge, he has been lurking and moving things into place. After Lady Sinestra's failed attempts to create a Twilight Dragonflight, he again retreated to Grim Batol and succeeded where she failed. With his results seen in the Obsidian Sanctum, he has finally created the supreme Dragonflight he sought and plans to unleash it upon the world. But what of the Old Gods' sway over him?

Azshara

Queen Azshara will also play a major part in Cataclysm. Unknown to many mortal races, long forgotten by others, and believe to be dead by her own kind, she has not been dormant in depths of the Maelstrom. Having those around her transformed by the Old Gods into Naga after her failure in the War of the Ancients, she has become far more powerful and a greater threat than she once was. Not content with just Nazjatar and the depths of the sea, Azshara seeks to reclaim power and reign once again. With the true plan behind Lady Vashj's support of Illidan remaining a mystery we do not know what hand Azshara has yet played. The big question remains, is she now serving her "saviors", the Old Gods?

The Cataclysm

I'm still not sure who is the true end boss of Cataclysm is, but the cataclysm appears to have been caused by attempts to incantation to summon extremely powerful beings using an ancient incantation by Deathwing and Azshara. They're both very powerful, but the cataclysm itself suggests something more powerful is behind it, perhaps their shared past of Old God influence?[/hide]

Holy [cabbage] if its true.

keen.png

3.2.2 sounds hot too

Mage

* Arcane Blast: The buff from using this ability now stacks up to 4 times instead of 3, and each application increases mana cost by 130% instead of 200%.

Arcane

* Missile Barrage: The effect from triggering this talent now removes the mana cost of Arcane Missiles. In addition, the chance for Arcane Blast to trigger this talent is now 8/16/24/32/40%. All other listed spells continue to have a 4/8/12/16/20% chance to trigger it.

Actually, Missile Barrage sucks now, but I guess the lower mana cost will make it useful and the 4x stack of Arcane Blast before firing it off will probably not effect DPS too much just save mana which is nice <3: Although for the extra damage to offset the loss of faster Arcane Missiles you'd actually up using the same mana as before #-o

Adding to what was posted above:

Azeroth is changed completely. Some zones are completely destroyed, some are shattered, some are flooded (Thousand Needles), some are ripped in half. Coastlines the world over are changed. Durotar is wrecked, along with Orgrimmar, which is torn in two. A new orc city is rebuilt over the course of the expansion. Gnomes retake Gnomeregan in an instance.

Malfurion comes back and helps activate the new Guardian of Tirisfal - Thrall. Thrall hands over leadership of Horde to Garrosh Hellscream while Thrall serves as a coordinator for both Horde and Alliance forces and players to combat the Naga and Black Dragonflight. Garrosh declares open war on the Alliance, and you can expect more Wintergrasp like areas on the old map. Due to some political manipulations, Cairne Bloodhoof gets painted as a betrayer and is murdered by Garrosh. Cairne's son takes over as Tauren chief.

For Worgen, the Cataclysm brings the Greymane wall down, revealing their secret -- that the worgen curse has ravaged the kingdom. They've managed to find a cure that keeps their human mind permanently but also keeps them in their worgen form. Seeing that they can no longer survive alone, the worgen residents of Gilneas rejoin the Alliance.

As for Goblins, Deathwing calls on the goblins as slaves like he has in the past. Their leader decides to go with Deathwing and enslaves his people because there's no crossing Deathwing and surviving. Fortunately, a large group manages to escape and join the Horde, knowing that they can't go it alone. See the pattern here?

The level cap is 85. New landmasses include islands that are raised as a result of the cataclysm, underwater zones, and the newly-redone old-world zones. Flying mounts will be useable in Azeroth. Many old-world dungeons are changed completely.

Half the point of Cataclysm is to remake the old quest lines, eliminate redundancy and give an overall narrative to all players, whether level 1 or 80. At any particular vanilla area, you can expect to see reconstruction/relief efforts, or all out war between Horde and Alliance NPC's. Wailing Caverns is going to be completely redone into a lush green tropical area, as a result of the druids working their magic to prevent it from falling into lava.

Leveling from 80-85 will be a MUCH bigger deal. Initially in 2008, they considered not raising the level cap at all, as making those quests takes a lot of manpower away from raiding content. But they are trying to make the story so grand and sweeping that ding'ing will actually MEAN something and not just be something you do.

Expect a couple of underwater cities to be on the backs of giant sea turtles and whales.

Make no mistake, the Old God content is not done. Since Netharion and Azshara both have ties to Old Gods, it is now clear that the SERIES wide antagonists of WoW are the Old Gods.

As I said, the part about Cairne makes a lot of sense because in the latest PTR Patch, all the quests given by Cairne's son have been removed from the game and a new NPC has been created to take his place. Cairne's son is missing from the current version of the game. (You can find more information about this in Ahmo Thunderhorn - replacement for Baine Bloodhoof?)

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

HOLY [cabbage]

Revamping the existing continent is a great idea. I love it.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Wouldn't mind having a gnome priest

Garrosh declaring war makes me laugh. There are so many Horde apologists out there that argue Horde is more peaceful than the Alliance

They are though. That's mostly us Tauren though.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai