The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just rolled a shaman and I'm having great fun with it. I'm only level 13, but I'm enjoying it a lot, its a different change of pace from grinding on my DK anyways.

Just enjoying it, doing some quests, popping in and out of WSG for some xp and fun. Suprisingly I'm doing quite well in BG's. I'm pretty much constantly healing but compared to instances, BG healing is loads of fun.

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

Been running 25 Uld and ToC, pretty fun for the time being. Mostly been soloing old instances, ony for t2 helmet before new patch, ZG for tiger and raptor mounts, Strath for barons mount, H MgT for pet and mount, kara for mount again. Looking back on it all though, those were all pretty bloody hard in their day. I still think ZG is one of the best looking instances ever.

Just got epic flying. It's fast \' . Gearing up for heroics now, nobody wants a tank with 19.5k hitpoints.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Faction changed my 80 blood elf pally to Alliance and I have to say, I have noticed a huge change in the game on sides between Alliance and Horde. Alliance are so much more mature and helpful and friendly then Horde are ( atleast on Deathwing). Alliance have so much better raid groups/ totally are better organized. Needless to say I am not going to be playing Horde anymore as I like the Alliance peoples attitude (friendlyness, helpfullness) soooo much more.

Been running 25 Uld and ToC, pretty fun for the time being. Mostly been soloing old instances, ony for t2 helmet before new patch, ZG for tiger and raptor mounts, Strath for barons mount, H MgT for pet and mount, kara for mount again. Looking back on it all though, those were all pretty bloody hard in their day. I still think ZG is one of the best looking instances ever.

Check out my gnome

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Royalite

Wow, well done there.

Have 2 pieces of Tier 9 25 now which is good (legs + shoulder).

I had most DPS and Damage done for the first 3 bosses of ToC25 yesterday which is good (1.9k dps higher than anyone else for the 2nd boss :shock:)

We then wiped on Anub a few times before calling it. Trying to run that half pug is impossible when we can't seem to split our DPS right.

Tried ToC10 HC again last night, more failure. think we must have wiped about 12 times or so which is slightly annoying to say the least.

We can get through Phase 1 pretty much 100% of the time now which is good, we just seem to be failing on acid maw and dreadscale.

I had the highest DPS in pretty much all the tries, I averaged 4.5k dps with the next highest at about 4k dps. Which I assume is why we're failing. Although it's nice being top of DPS thanks to a slight rotation change (which seems to have improved my DPS over long periods by around 300-500dps) at one point I even ended one of the tries on over 6k DPS before we died on the acidmaw pull >_<

Tried ToC10 HC again last night, more failure. think we must have wiped about 12 times or so which is slightly annoying to say the least.

We can get through Phase 1 pretty much 100% of the time now which is good, we just seem to be failing on acid maw and dreadscale.

I had the highest DPS in pretty much all the tries, I averaged 4.5k dps with the next highest at about 4k dps. Which I assume is why we're failing. Although it's nice being top of DPS thanks to a slight rotation change (which seems to have improved my DPS over long periods by around 300-500dps) at one point I even ended one of the tries on over 6k DPS before we died on the acidmaw pull >_<

I did a naxx25 PUG the other day. We wiped on Thaddius. Four times. "The polarity has changed", 1-3 die. Every time. What the hell. With my 3.3k DPS in ilevel 200 gear I was 5-6th on the DPS list. When I did a naxx10 PUG I did the same DPS and also ended up 5-6th on the DPS list. We didn't wipe there :roll: .

Retired

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I did a naxx25 PUG the other day. We wiped on Thaddius. Four times. "The polarity has changed", 1-3 die. Every time. What the hell. With my 3.3k DPS in ilevel 200 gear I was 5-6th on the DPS list. When I did a naxx10 PUG I did the same DPS and also ended up 5-6th on the DPS list. We didn't wipe there :roll: .

Retired

If your highest dps is 4.5k its really a problem. You need to do abub in one chase phase, we had problems with this at the start but once we went with 2 healers and dps knew when to switch to the adds we got close to a kill. You should also remmeber that rogues, mages and paladins can kite anub arak without breaking any ice if you are having problems with using up too many of the frozen orbs.

tifsdac6mc.gif

If your highest dps is 4.5k its really a problem. You need to do abub in one chase phase, we had problems with this at the start but once we went with 2 healers and dps knew when to switch to the adds we got close to a kill. You should also remmeber that rogues, mages and paladins can kite anub arak without breaking any ice if you are having problems with using up too many of the frozen orbs.

we were trying 10 man HC yesterday and managed to get him into P3 with 3 healers, but yeah, it was way too tight, and we'll probably switch to 2.

Tk5SF.png

Oh, we're not even on Anub, still on Northrend beasts :-#

Did EoE10 yesterday and had 6k dps without using any sparks which was fun =P

we were trying 10 man HC yesterday and managed to get him into P3 with 3 healers, but yeah, it was way too tight, and we'll probably switch to 2.

Definatly go with 2 healers. do not be phased by the raid damage in phase 3, it does not need to be healed at all, all your healers need to have Penetrating Cold added to there raid frames and the only people who should be healed at all sre the tanks and the penetrating cold targets being left at around half health so the ticking debuff doesnt kill them.

The problem we had on the first reset was our holy paladin getting one shot by adds because he was doing 30k healing [bleep]es on the tanks and we had a feral druid on the tanks. eventually corrected that by having the healers stood right behind the anub'arak tank so that the adds have a frost patch aswell as another tank there to pick them up if needs be.

tifsdac6mc.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Hey can somebody suggest a server/guild for me? I want to start to play the game again but I havn't got very far last time so I decided to start a new toon. Can somebody recommend an active PvE server based on EST timezone? I am looking for a social/casual guild too who doesn't force people to raid in order to stay in the guild. So any suggestions? :smile:

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Grr... Anybody have any advice for ToGC25 Northrend Beasts? 2/3 the time our tanks die at the end of phase 1. We're going with 2 tanks, and one tank usually ends up getting 4 stacks on him, and then he is either hit by an Impale swing + Impale DoT within .2 seconds, killing him, or a melee swing and an Impale swing in the same amount of time, also killing him.

Our guild has spent 2 weeks wiping on this guy (and when we do get past him, we end up wiping in the transition between Dreadscale and Icehowl.

If you have a couple of paladins, Hand of Protection works wonders for getting rid of the Impale stack. That's what we use in 10man HC. Then you get your tanks to cancel it straight away.

For the second phase Nuke down Acid Maw and just ignore Dreadscale, his enrage is fairly useless.

Icehowl is straight forward.

ToGC10 man progressions is going along now, two weeks in a row we've got to the faction champions. Beasts are fairly straight forward now, downed it this week with 30 seconds left in both Phase 1 and Phase 2.