The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not an expert but aren't some of the new race/class combinations dumping on the lore a bit?

Seems like a joke to me.

As opposed to blood elf paladins and draeneis crashing on their spaceships?

And when I said "Horde" i meant orcs and undead since those are the only races that do anything interesting to begin with :P

Im not an expert but aren't some of the new race/class combinations dumping on the lore a bit?

Seems like a joke to me.

Yes and no.

It's a no no to the current lore, but I'm sure changes like these will be explained, thus new and updated lore is created. And no I don't mean "This didn't happen, this did instead," but, "This is why this happened from current events."

Edit: I can't really remember who is the Goon here from SA, but could they give the answer to if this is correct?

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 0392&sid=1

Basically, did SA somehow influence all the new stuff being found?

As well, why are we talking about 3.2.2? Where is 3.2.1?

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

From what I understand 3.2.1 is skipped because 3.2.2 is bigger than just a few talent fixes (they revamp Onyxia in that patch).

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Seems like a joke to me.

High elves were followers of the Holy Light, some warriors could of adopted it's powers, became paladins, and kept their powers after the high-blood elf switch. The whole concept of the Naaru being the Holy Light pisses me off. Scientific explanation ftl.

Human Hunter: Okay, makes sense.

Orc Mage: Okay, makes sense. (just funny seeing a orc that smart :P )

Night Elf Mage: WTF? The Highbourne (currently naga) were the mages of the night elves during the War of the Ancients. Their reckless use of magic got them exiled and was outlawed. I doubt night elves would let their own kind become mages again.

Dwarf Mage: They were going to originally have mages for dwarves, but they canceled it. Okay I guess.

Blood Elf Warrior: Finally.

Dwarf Shaman: Lol? I've never heard of dwarves worshiping elementals. Totally stupid.

Undead Hunter: Okay, makes sense.

Tauren Paladin

Tauren Priest: Stupider than night elf mages. Tauren follow the Earth Mother, not the Light. Who came up with this stupid idea?

Gnome Priest: ROFL, they finally get a healing class!

Troll Druid: I haven't heard of a troll praticing druidism, but I can see it work out.

Some of them just don't fit lore, especially night elf mages and tauren paladins. :wall:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Night Elf Mage: WTF? The Highbourne (currently naga) were the mages of the night elves during the War of the Ancients. Their reckless use of magic got them exiled and was outlawed. I doubt night elves would let their own kind become mages again.

Dwarf Mage: They were going to originally have mages for dwarves, but they canceled it. Okay I guess.

Dwarf Shaman: Lol? I've never heard of dwarves worshiping elementals. Totally stupid.

Tauren Paladin

Tauren Priest: Stupider than night elf mages. Tauren follow the Earth Mother, not the Light. Who came up with this stupid idea?

Troll Druid: I haven't heard of a troll praticing druidism, but I can see it work out.

Some of them just don't fit lore, especially night elf mages and tauren paladins. :wall:

There's some NPC dialog in the PTR involving the Tauren considering worshiping "the light of the sun" or whatever the actual quote is. As for dwarf shamans, aren't they pretty well-represented in the Wildhammer Clan already?

Edit: I can't really remember who is the Goon here from SA, but could they give the answer to if this is correct?

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 0392&sid=1

Basically, did SA somehow influence all the new stuff being found?

As well, why are we talking about 3.2.2? Where is 3.2.1?

Doesn't seem to be a joke, but yeah, there's a huge thread about this on the SA MMO subforum which has existed for a couple of days already. People are still posting and making predictions and stuff so it seems like it's legit. However, there are two guys who's made a bunch of wild predictions and claiming it's "straight from Blizzard's mouth", but they've already been outed as trolls. I think they're banned as well. Maybe it's those guys he's referring to? The OP of the SA thread appears like he has some inside connections; and if there's a group of people who can call BS on stuff like this, it's the collective hivemind of the SA goons.

2009rb9.jpg

Seems like a joke to me.

High elves were followers of the Holy Light, some warriors could of adopted it's powers, became paladins, and kept their powers after the high-blood elf switch. The whole concept of the Naaru being the Holy Light pisses me off. Scientific explanation ftl.

Tauren Paladin

Tauren Paladins.

An'ush or something. I forgot it. Sunwell [cabbage]. Too tired to remember it.

But as jokes.

The Hand of Angus.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

[hide=]

Seems like a joke to me.

Tauren Paladin

[/hide]

The "lore" in this game is stupid. There's really no point in putting too much thought in what Blizzard does

I don't get why you are all dumping on Night Elf Mages. Aren't the Shen'dralar basically a faction made entirely of Nelf Mages?

And there's supposed to be a cutscene involving a Highborne requesting an audience with Tyrande or something like that for the Alliance, akin to the Horde quest in Dal which sends you to TB to see the Tauren Priest/Paladin.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

So no new classes for the Draenei? I could see them being druids seeing as they can take up shamanism. Some of the info there does seem interesting anyway, but most of it is likely to be fake. Just have to wait for Blizzcon I suppose.

I don't get why you are all dumping on Night Elf Mages. Aren't the Shen'dralar basically a faction made entirely of Nelf Mages?

And there's supposed to be a cutscene involving a Highborne requesting an audience with Tyrande or something like that for the Alliance, akin to the Horde quest in Dal which sends you to TB to see the Tauren Priest/Paladin.

All the highborne are either B-elves or Naga now, so this would be weird. Nelf Mages don't make sense technically from past lore because they swore off magic after the events of the sundering. Although all those classes use mana, none of the druid classes actually use any magical energy.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Ok so I played for a month or 2 like 3 years ago, it was fun as hell and the community was greaaatt. So then about 6 months later I got more membership and started playing again... Well the number of people had tripled, the community was horrible and immature, I don't even understand how it could have changed so fast.

ANYWAYS I was thinking about starting back up but I have a few questions...

How many expansions are there?

How is the community?

Am I going to be forced to play in a 99% full server?

How much $ is it going to cost me overall to get it up-to-date?

Are the software reqs. increased or the same as they were?

Would it even be worth it for me to start playing it this late?

Anyways I'm going to take a few opinions, just tell me what you think. If I could be sure it was the same as the first time I played I would be on it in a second, it was sooooo [bleep]ing fun, I was so dissapointed when I came back to the hell it had become.

I don't play the game (bored of it and it's not my kind of MMO) but I'll answer anyways.

How many expansions are there?

2. The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.

How is the community?

Just what you would expect from a game that has so many subscribers. You'll probably hear the loudest people the most often (the guys in trade chat spamming Anal [item]) but in reality it's just a mix of people. There are some nice people, there are annoying idiots, there are elitist [bleep]s who take the game way too seriously... trust me, you'll come into encounter with all these guys. The funniest is the hardcore PvPer who thinks arena is the biggest test of skill ever (:

Am I going to be forced to play in a 99% full server?

No but there is no reason not to play on a large server. Nothing wrong with more people to play with.

How much $ is it going to cost me overall to get it up-to-date?

*shrug* I think they have a battle chest offer thing with the expansions and man game.

Are the software reqs. increased or the same as they were?

Increased, not sure how much.

Would it even be worth it for me to start playing it this late?

The game has a hard restart every 2 years or so so honestly it doesn't even matter. If you want to raid or just level up a character why not. I think if you're looking for something beyond that you'll just be disappointed.

[hide=]Daros Moonlance says: A moment of your time.

Daros Moonlance says: Change is coming. It has drawn us out of the ruins of EldreThalas and into the wide world once more. I have come to research this city and cannot stray from it, but if you are inclined, I have an errand for you.

Daros Moonlance says: My collegue set out for Darnassus to speak with the High Priestess there, that we might come to an understanding. Take this journal to Mordent Evenshade in the temple. It may help in his diplomacy mission.

Archmage Mordent Evenshade says: I suppose I should not be surprised at this cold reception. We have long been in hiding, and the separation from our brethren was necessary.

Archmage Mordent Evenshade says: That time, however, is done. Whether the residents of this young tree come to accept us or not, the Highborne are returning to light, and we wil not turn our backs on what we are.

Archmage Mordent Evenshade says: It seems I have time to talk. What is this regarding?

Daros Journal

Archmage Mordent Evenshade says: Ah, the writings of Daros. He always was meticulous about tracking progress. His words may aid in explaining how far weve come.

Archmage Mordent Evenshade says: You have my thanks for bringing this to me. Perhaps we will see more of each other once it is understood we mean no harm.

Archmage Mordent Evenshade says: Sentinel, I would speak with your High Priestess.

Sentinel Stillbough says: You must wait for an audience.

Archmage Mordent Evenshade says: Must I? I doubt Tyrande has more pressing business.

Sentinel Stillbough says: You show some nerve coming to Teldrassil, Highborne. Your kind are unwelcome here. We have not forgotten the War of the Ancients or the minds behind it.

Archmage Mordent Evenshade says: The lure of power is great. Mistakes were made.

Sentinel Stillbough says: And we would not see those mistakes repeated. Return to your exile.

Archmage Mordent Evenshade says: I will not return until I am heard. There is too much at stake. There is a change on the wind, and we cannot ignore it. I have traveled from the dust and ruin of the past to come to an accord. The time may soon come when the kaldorei require the knowledge and skill we have to offer. I will wait, Sentinel... but I will have my audience.

Archmage Mordent Evenshade looks over at the moonwell with a sigh.

Archmage Mordent Evenshade says: Calm yourself, Sentinel. I do not seek to use it. I am merely... remembering.

Sentinel Stillbough says: Recalling your treachery?

Archmage Mordent Evenshade says: Enough. I have been apart from this for centuries. The well within this temple may be a pale spectre of the Well of Eternity, but it still holds the same... beauty. Purity.

Archmage Mordent Evenshade says: I had forgotten.

Archmage Mordent Evenshade says: I do not believe admiration and wistful thoughs are against the societal norm.

Sentinel Stillbough says: Watch yourself, Highborne.

Archmage Mordent Evenshade says: You were the one who challenged me for merely looking. I still await my audience with Tyrande.

Sentinel Stillbough says: In good time.[/hide]

There's the conversation for the High Elf wanting to see Tyrande, if anyone's interested.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

So... I have 35k health (just with MotW), 26k armor, and 36% dodge all in bear form. Would this make me a terribad tank? Apparently it does in H UP when I keep aggro on myself and the healer can't seem to heal me through the pulls.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

So... I have 35k health (just with MotW), 26k armor, and 36% dodge all in bear form. Would this make me a terribad tank? Apparently it does in H UP when I keep aggro on myself and the healer can't seem to heal me through the pulls.

Heroics are so boring now. :(

When we do them, we make our own hardmodes. ;>

Pulling like 3 packs at once into a boss fight is mad lols, when the DPS is sitting back there going 'wtf is goin on'.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I got banned from the forums :lol: I was complaining about how ugly the new loot from the Onyxia instance is and bam, 3 day ban.

But for [bleep]'s sake, look at this crap http://db.mmo-champion.com/static/img/s ... _49305.jpg

Even the ToC drops are ugly. It's like they got rid of the team that created Ulduar

Isn't that, like most things that turn up on MMO Champion early, placeholder art?

No I'm basing it on a 5-10 minute tank/spank fight where all classes are geared equally and are equally skilled and every raid buff is present. :|

If you're going emo because you're a shaman and you think I'm calling you a noob, I'm not. I'm calling SHAMANS slightly underpowered on the enhancement side and more underpowered on the restoration side. Good for enhancement scaling better with raid buffs but even with all of them they are still on the underpowered side I feel. They only need a 1% or 2% DPS boost.

I'm just sick of all the shaman QQ about how we don't match up against other melee dps, when we do.

Was in a Naxx 25 earlier, and I was putting out more dps on Patchwerk than others with better gear than me.

Isn't that, like most things that turn up on MMO Champion early, placeholder art?

No I'm basing it on a 5-10 minute tank/spank fight where all classes are geared equally and are equally skilled and every raid buff is present. :|

If you're going emo because you're a shaman and you think I'm calling you a noob, I'm not. I'm calling SHAMANS slightly underpowered on the enhancement side and more underpowered on the restoration side. Good for enhancement scaling better with raid buffs but even with all of them they are still on the underpowered side I feel. They only need a 1% or 2% DPS boost.

I'm just sick of all the shaman QQ about how we don't match up against other melee dps, when we do.

Was in a Naxx 25 earlier, and I was putting out more dps on Patchwerk than others with better gear than me.

Did you even read my post? Apparently not. Let me repeat.

"No I'm basing it on a 5-10 minute tank/spank fight where all classes are geared equally and are equally skilled and every raid buff is present."

And did you see how much of a boost I said you needed? Apparently not, I will repeat that too.

"They only need a 1% or 2% DPS boost."

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

I got banned from the forums :lol: I was complaining about how ugly the new loot from the Onyxia instance is and bam, 3 day ban.

But for [bleep]'s sake, look at this crap http://db.mmo-champion.com/static/img/s ... _49305.jpg

Even the ToC drops are ugly. It's like they got rid of the team that created Ulduar

The drops from the new Onyxia are the same as the 60 version just with buffed stats.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=13146

Same model.

keen.png

Just tanked The Nexus (normal). That mage boss is the weirdest fight ever. Halfway 72 now ::' .

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.