The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

[Huge long rant please read and respond]

I'm going to refer to mages as:

M1

M2 (Class Leader)

M3

and Me (Yttrium)

Ok currently in our guild we lack warlocks, but we have 3/4 mages every raid. Every boss I ask other mages to scorch but I'm the only one ever scorching most of the time, sometimes someone will do 1 or 2 at the start, and it started to piss me off, so I asked other mages on the forum to start scorching. I then get a whisper from M1 saying how M2 and M3 dislike scorching and how he does a few every now and then and I said that's fine, I just need the others doing it aswell.

All of them reply on the forums with 'I've always been scorching get a debuff checker'. I've had ForteXcorcist for over a year now and I have it to show scorch stacks on the boss. So I know they are lieing.

We go to Archavon & Emalon and as a test to see who is scorching I decided I wouldn't do it. Another mage said, come on now all mages scorch, you too Yttrium, even though I do it EVERY [bleep]ING TIME. I say nothing, we have 4 mages, and Scorch goes up to 3 stacks and then it falls off, when the boss hits ~60% it goes up to 5 stacks, and falls off again, then at about 20% there is a single scorch and nothing happens. I realise after the boss that I was in PvP gear because the equipment manager didn't work for some reason, so I only did 3.5k DPS and I say brb drink quickly, come back (Literally 10 seconds later) and Archavon is engaged, so I run in and the boss is at 80%, no scorch stack at all. I just DPS as normal and I see a scorch go up to a 5 stack at about 50%, and then is refreshed with 16 seconds left, then falls off again.

So I ask the mages, "So who actually scorched?" M2 replied with, I did 10 scorches on that fight (Even though there were 6, he is the only mage with Recount also), and then he said I only did 3 (When I didn't do any) and the other mages didn't do any (When I know that M1 always does his).

So I post another thread in the forums saying this:

Before a boss, we roll for scorching.

Whoever rolls the lowest is responsible for keeping scorch up on that boss.

ALL other mages should, at the start, do 2 scorches to get the stack up faster.

If you see a stack drop, ALL mages MUST scorch 2 times again and then after the boss, we can shun that mage.

A lot of people are saying, "Why don't you let M2 decide that?" I reply with, from my point of view, "he doesn't seem to be scorching all that much, if at all". And he follows up saying he's the one scorching all the time keeping stacks up which is BULLLLLLLLLLLL [cabbage]. Now our ever helpful socials come along and say "Get a warlock to do it" which is what I've been saying since they got that talent, but our GM doesn't want 1 warlocks DPS getting nerfed so mages can slack (When actually it's better in 90% of cases) and our ever helpful warrior tank comes along saying "Can other warriors stack sunder armor for me please? I'm tired of hitting button 3 all the time".

Now M2 says to me, well why don't you up your DPS then. I'm usually 100-200 DPS behind him on most fights and generally beat him on Hodir, rarely am I not first on Hodir. I ask him what his Spell Power, Crit and Haste is. The other mages chip in too...

M1 has 2582 SP, 29% crit, 48 haste. (He just got the new Colliseum dagger which is IMBA)

M2 has 2533 SP, 33% crit, 410 haste.

M3 has 2378 SP, 30% crit, 302 haste.

I have 2121 SP, 29% crit, 238 haste.

I'm the only one who also has all epic gems in their gear, when the others haven't.

I link him my badge trinket, and Mp5 gear. I have picked up a single upgrade in Ulduar for 2 months, I basically got 4pT8 and then got nothing other than the crafted belt and a staff. He complains to me about MY low DPS when I'm usually joint second with M1, and M2 just ahead, with M3 way down AND I'm scorching all the bloody time. This guild was my old guild about 3 months previously and I was Class Leader, when I left I suggested M2 should be CL, BAD CHOICE.

On wednesday I also looked at M3's gear and saw he gemmed really badly, so I said to him "You could get better stats from your gear by gemming X, Y and Z this way." He said "I don't spam PvE all day I don't give a [cabbage]". Which was awesome, so I tell this to M2 and he says "I like him" "<-- doesn't give a [cabbage] :)". That's not the traits of a Class Leader at all.

[/rant thingy]

1. On the scorch front, who is in the right of mind.

2. Why is he complaining about my DPS with the other mages geared as they are?

3. I know everyone in this guild, I don't want to leave it. What should I do about M2?

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I don't pay attention to DPS class spells cause as a tank all I care is if they are damaging the enemy. I looked at scorch through and it says it is a single cast with a 1.5 second cast time that does direct damage. So I'm wondering why there is stacks?

Edit: Nvm, a talent that causes it to make stacking debuffs.

All I can ask is: What is the total raid DPS difference on a boss if everyone is stacking this spell compared to if only one is.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I was told today that apparently stacking spell power gems is bad and I should be getting crit instead? Even though when I started getting crit people said I was doing it wrong and should get spell power :wall:

What's the stat "tier" for arcane mages? I was told Spell Power > Haste > Crit > Intellect (this is after hit cap) which is what I've chosen my gear on (Always has to give me more spell power than my last bit of gear and then I pick haste instead of crit) which seems to be working well for me, up to 2145 Spell power 14.88% haste but only 18.23% crit.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Milfamore

Obviously not much I can do about it now, but is it worth replacing some gems when I get new gear with some crit gems instead? Or just stick to putting in whatever +SP gems I can get?

Also would I get a huge increase in switching to a fire spec? If so anyone got a link to one + the standard spell rotation etc. I'm really liking Arcane and my Arcane Blast crits ~45% of the time (some fights it's up to about 60%).

I really need to get into a group for Ulduar but to get into a pugg I'd need to have done Ulduar already... which means joining a guild that does Ulduar but the only way to join a guild raiding Ulduar would be to have already done Ulduar :wall: :wall:

There are addons that create achievements. You can easily get into Ulduar PUGs that way. Just make sure you read up on the tactics :P .

I installed WotLK today and it erased all of my patches from 3.1 and beyond. Which really sucks as I have a really small download limit on my mother's connection.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Exalted with UC before 60! \'

Carry on...

Not that hard to be fair...

Anyway, finally got the [Mine] achievement in Isle of Conquest, now I just have to kill a siege engine for Demolition Derby, get a few more for Mowed Down, and win a bunch of battles.

6885 achievement points now.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &n=Yttrium

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Im considering trying WoW for the first time ever, can anyone give me some advice as what to buy and such and such. I know nothing about WoW, so can someone give a detailed summary on what to buy for the game and such.

You will want to download the game from the World of Warcraft site (If you live in Europe there's a different version of the game so you'll need to get the European version). You can then get a 10 day trial from various places if you wish.

When you have decided you want to play, you will need to get either "World of Warcraft" or "World of Warcraft Battlechest". This is a retail box that includes a disc (but it's easier just to download the game) and a registration code, the battlechest also includes Burning Crusade which is the first expansion and adds Two new Races and a whole new area covering levels 60-70 and the battlechest has some guides too which may help slightly although I'm sure a lot has changes since they were printed.

You don't need to be Wrath of the Lich King right now, the earliest you'll want to buy it is when you reach level 55 and that's if you want a Death Knight, if not then you can wait all the way up to level 68. Wrath of the Lich King is the 2nd expansion and adds the Death Knight Class and another area stretching up to level 80.

If you do download it, I'd recommend downloading the Wrath of the Lich King client straight away as this is compatible with Normal WoW accounts and BC accounts which will save you a lot less hassle then having to install it again etc.

The 10 day trial is very limited - you can get to level 20 I believe but you can't talk to people or anything. And the game only really starts picking up for a lot of classes around the level 20-30 level.

Im considering trying WoW for the first time ever, can anyone give me some advice as what to buy and such and such. I know nothing about WoW, so can someone give a detailed summary on what to buy for the game and such.

You will want to download the game from the World of Warcraft site (If you live in Europe there's a different version of the game so you'll need to get the European version). You can then get a 10 day trial from various places if you wish.

When you have decided you want to play, you will need to get either "World of Warcraft" or "World of Warcraft Battlechest". This is a retail box that includes a disc (but it's easier just to download the game) and a registration code, the battlechest also includes Burning Crusade which is the first expansion and adds Two new Races and a whole new area covering levels 60-70 and the battlechest has some guides too which may help slightly although I'm sure a lot has changes since they were printed.

You don't need to be Wrath of the Lich King right now, the earliest you'll want to buy it is when you reach level 55 and that's if you want a Death Knight, if not then you can wait all the way up to level 68. Wrath of the Lich King is the 2nd expansion and adds the Death Knight Class and another area stretching up to level 80.

If you do download it, I'd recommend downloading the Wrath of the Lich King client straight away as this is compatible with Normal WoW accounts and BC accounts which will save you a lot less hassle then having to install it again etc.

The 10 day trial is very limited - you can get to level 20 I believe but you can't talk to people or anything. And the game only really starts picking up for a lot of classes around the level 20-30 level.

Downloading WoW from the website is extremely slow. Isnt it cost money to play WoW monthly, even after buying the CD's and all? and are there pre-paid cards?

GG.gif

My dad had found a 14 day trial for $2 at Target. It came with 1 disc to download WoW and you could do more than the basic trial such as trade items.

So if you want 4 more days and more benefits then you should splurge and get the 14 day trial.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

or you could play on a private server, like i do, and not pay anything =D even if thats not exactly the right thing to do, lol. for example i use the KoR server. not many people on it, but its a nice community
I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

I plan on buying a 2 month pre-paid card and the battle pack which includes WoW and Burning Crusade or whatever, which sums up too about 70 bucks. Then around level 55 Ill buy Wrath of the Lich king. One problem, cant find out what class to get. I'd like a class that could do well with spells and not be easily killed, so would that be a paladin? And I hear something about mounts, and saw this dragon one, how do I get that? Thanks for help already everyone.

GG.gif

Mages, Warlocks and Priests are the main casters and are also can be killed the easiest due to only being able to wear cloth armour. However Warlocks can have a pet to help them which can take the damage instead of the Warlock. However this is really only a problem for levelling and once you reach 80 your defence/armour shouldn't matter if you are playing with competent people.

Shamans and Druids (Boomkin form) are two other casters who can wear Mail and Leather Respectively (Cloth < Leather < Mail < Plate in terms of defence).

or you could play on a private server, like i do, and not pay anything =D even if thats not exactly the right thing to do, lol. for example i use the KoR server. not many people on it, but its a nice community

Most of them are horribly bugged though, with half the talents/quests/boss encounters not working properly, or just with such a small community it's not possible to really have any big raids/battlegrounds.

Tafkan.png

[hide=Achievements]Quest Cape - 31st October 2009

68,238th to Fletching Cape - 7th February 2010

Champion's tackle box - 26th July 2010

Nomad killed - 4th of November 2010

140,305th to Woodcutting Cape - 12th April 2011

187,690th to Cooking Cape - 6th June 2011

72,234th to Fishing Cape - 7th July 2011

19,010th to Crafting Cape - 8th July 2011[/hide]

Mages, Warlocks and Priests are the main casters and are also can be killed the easiest due to only being able to wear cloth armour. However Warlocks can have a pet to help them which can take the damage instead of the Warlock. However this is really only a problem for levelling and once you reach 80 your defence/armour shouldn't matter if you are playing with competent people.

Shamans and Druids (Boomkin form) are two other casters who can wear Mail and Leather Respectively (Cloth < Leather < Mail < Plate in terms of defence).

And what about a paladin?

GG.gif

Paladins are Melee based, You can either be a Tank (Prot), DPS (Ret) or Healer (Holy) but they are not spell casters as such (although they do have a few spells).

Also for the kill the 3 VoA dudes in 60 seconds my thinking was:

Get The fire dude to low HP first and bring him to the centre and keep a tank + 2 healers there (maybe 1 healer), then go to Emalon and bring him down to 5% or so then kite him towards the middle ish and his adds close to Archavon.

Then Nuke the crap out of Archavon and kill the Emalon adds when needed. Then when Archavon is down to about 40% hp finish off Emalon and Korvalon or whatever his name is then finish nuking Archavon.

10 man you'd have to be far far overgeared for it. You'd need 3 tanks, 3 healers and then 4 DPS. Same order but you'd need one tank to hold Emalon + adds and someone to heal them through both of them.

And what about a paladin?

Paladins wear mail/plate, and they're primarily melee DPS, and EZmode to level.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I'm officially bored with the game.

That took a while. I can't stand playing WoW for more than 3 or 4 months. Hell, last time I lasted for what -- 2?

Or just not be a cheap-[wagon] and buy the actual game which is better. I've played on Lineage II servers but only because they were actually better than the retail game. WoW private servers are so bugged and their communities are downright [developmentally delayed]ed in nature. Seriously, you have people who think raid encounters without scripting (meaning a tank and spank fight) are difficult!

It's funny destroying people because between the bugs and the [developmentally delayed]s it's so easy to do.

Kirook. Go Boomkins. :thumbup:

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg