Green Dragon Autoers massive banning?

Leesters

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

finally the macros are gone!

there were quite a few threads on the official forums about that type of autoing and how to profit from stopping them, so it's likely that they were banned from info gained from those...

even if the macros were banned now, they'll likely be back in a week or so, meaning that reporting and hunting them will be everywhere again...

well i noticed without even ranging or doin melee i jumped up 34 hp ranks and 2 or 3 range ranks.. yes i'm one of those freaks that checks the hs lol

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

I kill and report those nubs for fun, ice burst ftw :lol:

Could be why there's a sudden drop in their numbers..They know pk'ers know how they act to give away that they auto :twisted:

I had to buy dbones last night for 1.8k each, I think Leesters is right, something has happened to the autoers thus smashing the dbones stock in the market dramatically, and raising prices for us prayer-raisers :(

Hevendor_Guy.png

rsdeadzm5.png

There's cake through here, apparently.

I realized this yesterday without going to the drags myself. I went to world 2 to buy hides and noticed that there were only 4 or 5 sellers, each with several thousand hides, and they were all selling for 1700 ea. <.<

Unlike the yew autoers before them (which dropped yew prices a staggering amount) all the green autoers managed to do was to make crafting only slightly bank breaking. Now it's back to crafting at a significant loss. (Yes I know of cheaper methods but you try 1m+ xp to lvl and then tell me about the cheaper methods. :P) I'm glad autoers were stopped but I can't help being aggravated that it will now cost me a couple million more than I had planned now.

tallest.jpeg

571st to 99 Fm Nov. 4 '06 - 315th to 99 Crafting Mar. 3 '07 - 3410th to 99 Fishing Sept. 18 '07

26378th to 99 Cooking Oct. 16 '07 -.- 99 Thieving Dec. 29 '07 - 1343rd to 99 Farming June 5 '08

1807th to 99 Agility Nov. 8 '08 - 3094th to 99 Smithing Feb. 14 '09

2012 total - 91 combat

I read an article about how there are virtual work sights in China where they log in for 10 hours a day and collect merchantable items, then turn them in for RL cash at end of the day/week...insane.

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

Although it is the Chinese New Year, that doesn't mean all autoers are gone. Some of my friends irl auto(report them for fun hehe) and there american.

most of the autoers are chinese though or are sweatshop workers. theyre off celebreating for the weekend they'll be back

Sprite-2.jpg

519881548elmosotw.jpg

I can't agree more, I currently am killing greens for hides (bury the bones because they are worthless now) and those pkers won't stop attacking me. So I have decided to retaliate back against those pkers and I now bring ice barrage casts to scare them of or get them to tele away.

Dagganoth Kings Drops: Berserker Ring (x1) D Axe (x2) Seercull (x1) Archer Ring (x1) Seers Ring (x1) Mud staff (x1)

Selling mmorpg gold/items is banned on ebay now, maybe that is a possibility?

-Star-

Most in game item sales arn't done using ebay anymore. Heck, if you view Tip.it without a decent ad blocker you can see advertisments to those type of websites in the google ads!

And while the Chinese New Year thing is a possibility, nobody's commented on the yew autoers going missing, so I doubt it.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

My guess is that unlike the majority of Yew macroers, the green d-hide collectors were people actually working for raising GP to sell in RL (and China seems to be the likely location for the majority of these sweatshopesque type of operations). As thethinginthecorner said, since ebay and others (and yes, it was the major source for selling as it was a "trusted" place and just because ads appear that only means that said site placed a time/amount limit to their ads and that supply of ads doesn't necessarily reflect the true level of demand) have cracked down on the selling of rs gp (or, as was often the case, a joke was sold along with the gp for the $), along with other mmorpg currencies, for $, the companies that were gp harvesting farms have either:

a) closed for good;

B) taken a break in order to figure out new ways in order to sell rs gp for $;

c) moved on to a different place of which we have yet to find.

Unfortunately, my guess is "b".

I doubt there was a mass banning as the majority weren't "macroing" (since they were humans playing), but they could have been banned, but it would have been more for real world item trading...a much more difficult one to prove.

PS Apologies in advance for the parantheticals (I'm in that sort of mood today)

Selling mmorpg gold/items is banned on ebay now, maybe that is a possibility?

-Star-

Most in game item sales arn't done using ebay anymore. Heck, if you view Tip.it without a decent ad blocker you can see advertisments to those type of websites in the google ads!

And while the Chinese New Year thing is a possibility, nobody's commented on the yew autoers going missing, so I doubt it.

The yew autoers have dropped to the extent that i could chop an edgeville yew for an hour with no autoers.

Leesters, green dragon autoers still exist. I sold 500 lobs to one of them not long ago. he was wearing default clothes and he was lvl 50+ with the armor X Screech X mentioned.

You know, addy full helm, rune chain, rune legs, anti-dragon shield and dds.

So they're still around.

~Sohkmj